Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Scissors

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Leatherman Scissors
on: October 09, 2007, 02:52:30 AM
What do you guys think about the new lm scissor design? I personally love it. They cut paracord much cleaner than the old scissors on the pst 2 and wave- i think
B

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Leatherman Scissors
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 03:08:45 AM
Which scissors are you referring to?  The teeny ones on the Charge series and on the Fuse/Blast?  Or the big ones on the Surge?

Either way, I prefer the PST II/Old Wave version hands down.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 03:27:41 AM
I know the general consensus is that the old design is better, and I cant argue... but I've always liked the newer design. It's not huge, but a solid design IMO.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 03:56:30 AM
The old "big" scissors on my Wave are probably the best multi scissors I've ever used, both in cutting ability and comfort.

The teeny ones on my recently traded Blast were just that...teeny.
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 02:52:56 AM
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I prefer the Juice scissors above all others from Leatherman. 
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 02:59:14 AM
Seems like I posted a bunch of scissors pics a while back.........

ah, here they are:

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 03:38:01 AM
which are the best out of those?
B

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 04:55:39 AM
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I prefer the Juice scissors above all others from Leatherman. 

They are good scissors, but I like the squared off peice your thumb rests on with the old Wave.  Did you notice the serrations on the Juice scissors? 
[

Offline znapschatz

Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 06:17:36 AM
which are the best out of those?

Of those I have used, E (old Wave, PST II) and H (Juice).  A (Spirit) blades are tiny and doesn't open very wide, B (Charge, new Wave) opens wide but blades too small, the rest I never tried. 

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 01:16:57 PM
I have just about all of them myself except D and G which I believe are both Gerbers. 

The Juice scissors (H) are also one of the better designs.  The SOG scissors (F) are great except that they are awkward to use since the handles of the tool itself get in the way.  A and B, the Spirit and the new Leatherman scissors both strike me as a little small.  They are functional, but I would prefer they both had a little more bite to them.  C is the Surge scissors, and while I don't much care for the style of them, they do work quite well. 

Lastly, E is the old Leatherman design, which I think is the best of the bunch as you have sizable blades, good leverage on them, they are strong, no other part of the tool hampers their operation, and they fold into a very nice, compact unit inside the handle.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 10:57:52 PM
Def, what about the surge scissors?
B

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 11:57:11 PM
They just seem awkward and I don't care for them.

Def

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 01:34:52 AM
Gotta agree with def. The new Surge scissors seem to open to the sides when you cut paracord, where my old wave ones cut with no problem what so ever. Surprisingly the Gerber Suspension(I still hate the darn thing) sissors work the best out of all the tools I have.

:ahhh By the way dont ya just love this little guy?
S

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 02:30:01 AM
That's got to be my favorite smiley!  I can't remember where I found him, but I had to add him to the set here when I did!

:ahhh

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 02:35:38 AM
(that smiley could well be a caricature of what my work day has been like lately)

Speaking of scissors, we certainly need to consider the SwissTool design as one of the better examples.

* SwissTool scissors.jpg (Filesize: 22.69 KB)

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 02:45:09 AM
I could never keep from breaking the scissors on the SAK are they stronger on the tools? :ahhh
S

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 03:00:58 AM
Can't say, as I don't have any SAK's with scissors.  :ahhh

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 03:15:50 AM
It's pretty well the same scissor design as on the 91mm SAKs.

Def

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 03:27:38 AM
Ok thanks def that answers that question. By the way you forgot to add the little guy in.  :ahhh
S

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 03:29:06 AM
.....By the way you forgot to add the little guy in.  :ahhh

Hey!! I was going to say that!  :ahhh

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 03:35:14 AM
 :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh  :nanadance:  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Better?

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 03:58:21 AM
Hold on a sec, my cable company is calling. Apparently I caused a fuse to blow in their main grid while trying to load this page..... :P

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 04:15:26 AM
Actually that was a pic from my Army days,my company and First Sergeant.
I

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 11:32:14 PM
My god that will make you go blind. The bannanna guy is ok but he just seems to be the leader of your little army there. :ahhh
S

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 11:33:33 PM
My god that will make you go blind. The bannanna guy is ok but he just seems to be the leader of your little army there. :ahhh
It's bloody disorientating after a while ;D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 12:12:48 AM
I just love that banana guy. :nanadance:  :D
I'm back!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 12:21:36 AM
Yeah, Esteban stuck him in there because that's his favorite.

We have a few hidden ones...

:bump:

:jedi:

:spam:

I could make them show up, but what fun would that be?

Def

Offline trickknife

• Deputy Dog
Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 01:59:06 AM
:jedi:   : jedi :
:bump:  : bump:
:spam:  : spam :

That wasn't too hard to figure out....   ;D
-

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!