Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Best EDC ToOL and why

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Best EDC ToOL and why
on: October 10, 2007, 03:53:33 AM
What is the best edc tool? I think the LM Charge TTI. For overall utility I find that one hand blade access, diamond file, 42 diferent screwdrivers in the pouch, high quality knife steel, and most importantly the gutting hook. I would'nt edc a SwissTool because of how hard the blades are to get out, the slippery drivers, how the serrated blade is not sheepsfoot it is a regular drop-point blade, SPRING TENSION!, blunt pliers, etc.
B

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Best EDC ToOL and why
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 02:39:45 PM
I don't think it matters which one you have, as long as you have one.  Look at that poor sod a few years ago who had to cut his own arm off with a cheapo.  That's one job that I can't imagine would be any more pleasant with a top quality tool!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 09:23:21 PM
I guess any is better than none of course. My personal "if I could only have one" tool would be the KF4, since it's got IMO the most tools in that small of a package, is big enough to do reasonably tough work, and is small and "nice" enough to carry almost anywhere you could carry an SAK.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 10:39:10 PM
I guess that the best EDC tool is the one that you have with you everyday.  I have never felt "outgunned" carrying any multitool or SAK that I have.  I can make "it" happen with whatever I have on hand.  If I cannot I guess that I'll be screwed or have a long walk home. :)  I would have to say that you may have to blend "packability" with what you actually need for the best EDC tool.  The swisstool is heavy for some.  The Leatherman is by no means a lightweight though.  I like the fact that the leatherman allows you to clip the tool in your pocket.  Then there is the SAK wiich is pretty portable and a lot less bulky.  I'd have to go to the "I really dont have an opinion on this one" route.     

By the way, I have ordered a swisschamp for myself and a leatherman squirt S-4 for my wife.  I will try making the swisschamp my EDC and see how that works.  No, it is not a dedicated plier based tool but I highly doubt that there is some situation that I cannot handle with it.  Besides, I had to have a swisschamp someday and since I got a call that GM was going to cover the repair bill for my car I have a little cash to spend. 

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 09:01:11 PM
Swisschamps are great for edc . Carry one myself at work along with my swisstool , a little heavy and over the top for some but I got most things covered with that combo .

Dunc

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 10:47:32 PM
I'm fairly certain you'd have everything covered with that combo :multi:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!