Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Quick look at the outback - definitely not a review

dks · 3 · 1864

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Quick look at the outback - definitely not a review
on: March 02, 2011, 06:50:27 PM
Yes, I know this has nothing to do with Australia, is made in Asia, has nothing to do with the movie knife and there have been extensive reviews and discussions about it in various forums.  :D

It is a nice “curio” and can be bought reasonably cheap from the US. (Even though the company that distributes/makes them is in Finland….)  ???

So:
How big is it?
How thick is it?

It has a 28cm blade and a 12.5cm handle (11cm useful length, for holding onto).
Blade thickness is 6mm (i.e. quite thick).

The blade comes quite sharp (slices paper easily but does not push cut it).
The clipped part of the blade is sharpened at the top part too.

The finish is good with a highly polished blade, bearing the odd, surface, scratch mark (yes, you can use it as a shaving mirror).

The leather on the handle is also reasonably smooth.

The sheath is OK, but does not look fancy/classy enough for this knife, especially the rear part which looks plasticy. The button on the sheath was a bit scratched.

It is quite a heavy knife and I doubt it would be comfortable to use for a long time (just go for a quick kill).
I don’t expect it would replace my moras, but others may need something as big as this.

It feels like a solid product and I don’t doubt it can be used reasonably hard if such need arose. (You should be able to hammer with that blade).

I doubt I will get to actually use it, but then I am more likely to use this knife than a Guppie and I do not regret getting either of them.

For the price you don’t feel cheated; it’s a big solid knife, nicely finished, interesting and if the specifications given by the company are true (I have no reason to doubt them), made with quality materials and a lot of thought was put in its design (… or, maybe, they just said “make it look like the one in the movie”).

The only comment I had about this knife is that I should have gotten two, to make a better display.

Enjoy the pictures, I hope they help.

down under.jpg
* down under.jpg (Filesize: 59.37 KB)
down under1.jpg
* down under1.jpg (Filesize: 61.99 KB)
IMG_8674.JPG
* IMG_8674.JPG (Filesize: 37.98 KB)
IMG_8682-1.JPG
* IMG_8682-1.JPG (Filesize: 31.35 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Quick look at the outback - definitely not a review
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:59:02 PM
Quite a belly on that beast!
- Terry

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Quick look at the outback - definitely not a review
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:13:06 PM
Yes,  I am almost saddened the belly will never be fed... ( well, you never know..)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%