Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Accu-trigger anyone?

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Accu-trigger anyone?
on: November 16, 2007, 03:16:50 PM
Has anyone here ever used a savage rifle equipped with the accu-trigger?  I am considering buying a Savage .22 Mark II bolt action target rifle with the accutrigger system.  I am wondering how good it really is.  I have heard only good things about it so far but I am still skeptical.  Any opinion on this? 

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Re: Accu-trigger anyone?
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 07:59:52 PM
 I've only had second info about the set-up,but the buzz has been all good. Good to see somebody else take a liking to Savage's line....you have no idea how much I'd like to see the Savage 99 back in production.
I

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 03:11:35 PM
I just have this opinion on the savage 99.  If the winchester model 94 had never been produced in 30-30, the savage 99 would have been one of the most popular deer rifles ever.  I have a deep respect for that gun.  The 300 savage cartridge might be the best short range deer cartridge ever developed.  Savage makes great guns.  Their bolt action rifles are very inexpensive and very accurate to boot.  A few years ago I was reading an article in a magazine about a custom barrel maker.  The custom barrel maker said that Savage made the most accurate rifle out of the box.  Right now I am looking at a Mark II target rifle.  I like shooting .22s and I dont have a .22 bolt gun.  However, I still would like to have one of the heavy barrel models in .223, .308, or .300 win mag.  It is nice to be able to shoot long range targets and actually hit them right where you are aiming.   

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 09:30:56 PM
I've seen that accu-trigger in some photos. It looks a little strange. It's some sort of set trigger right? How is it supposed to work exactly?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline SoDak

Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 02:34:59 PM
This isn't the best explanation of how the accutriger works, but I'll try. The the trigger consists of two parts the trigger itself and the little silver things on the trigger is the trigger safety which works sort of like the trigger safety on a glock does. Because if you try to pull the trigger without depressing the safety the trigger will move back slightly and the safety mechanism will lock up the trigger mechanism. The only way to unlock it is to open the bolt which resets it. I hope that makes sense. As for liking it, I would have to say that it does a good job. It gives the gun a fairly light pull with little takeup. I haven't really played with the adjustment to increase/decrease trigger pull, but I'll have to try it some time. I would say go for it.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 09:56:40 PM
It does act about like the trigger on the Glock.  It is one of those lawyer induced inventions.  Todays firearms manufactuers have to be able to have the guns pass the infamous "drop test."  It is nearly impossible to pass this test without some type of "deactivatable upon trigger pull" saftey mechanism in place.  With such a saftey it is possible to get an extremely light trigger to pass the drop test.  I guess that it is adjustable to like 2.5 lbs or somthing like that.  3 lbs is a great trigger pull for hunting.  I think that my Ruger 10/22 is somewhere around 2lbs and I believe that it is very light although very manageable on the range.  My ruger MkIII needs a trigger job and I hope that I can get it to be about 3 lbs since most of my handguns are in that range except for my Glock.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%