Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A lovely surprise at the Victorinox Store

kirk13 · 13 · 2641

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
A lovely surprise at the Victorinox Store
on: May 04, 2011, 12:34:53 AM
This afternoon/evening didnt quite go to plan.Me and some guys I work with were suposed to meet up for a jam session(our little group is called R101,after the airship{its also kind of a mission statement.If you dont get the joke,look R101 up on wikipedia}).As it turned out,no one made it,but it did leave me finishing work at 5,and having no particluar place to go,I,and my guitar, took a wander off thru Hangover Sq,and up to New Bond Street.

Ended up chatting to the saleslady for quite a while,talked about SwissBianco,flashed my White plus Spartan Lite and so on.Was just about to leave when she showed me the SAK on her work keys/ID,and I went OOOOOOHHHHHH!

Knew it was something a bid odd.84mil,opener layer,round tipped blade,and nail file(yes I know,a Cadet,more or less)but the file was set inside the blade rather than aginst the outer liner.She explained that the staff got these as work knives.I ventured that it was a pity they didnt sell them,as I'd have had one there and then.She asked if I could wait a moment,and

Turns out that these arnt factory,but assembled in store!And I got given the one you see in the pixs!

So Cat,thank you very much,both for your time,and for arranging this lovely little freebee!I take back every bad word I've ever said about the Vic Shop!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: A lovely surprise at the Victorinox Store
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 01:21:14 AM
That's a bit special mate. :drool:  Any chance of a shot with the tools closed and showing how the nail file sits beside the blade? :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 02:43:16 AM
I wonder why they give them that blade? Does Victorinox not have faith in the legality of the normal blade?
All mushrooms are edible, some only once.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 08:19:34 AM
I wonder why they give them that blade? Does Victorinox not have faith in the legality of the normal blade?
Nah, just no faith in their staff's ability not to stab themselves I suspect. ::)  Besides this was made in the store, it really might have been that they just had a few of these blades lying around.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:21:24 AM by Gareth »

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 08:58:16 AM
wow what a great story, nice SAK too.

Did you get here phone number?   >:D

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 04:36:24 PM

THAT'S what I'm saying!  +1
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

br Offline edursr

Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 10:10:42 PM
Got some like this one some time ago on Ebay:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 11:34:27 PM
  Any chance of a shot with the tools closed and showing how the nail file sits beside the blade?

My one has the normal arangement as per a Cadet,or a Sportsman,but as and or when I see Cat again,I'll see if I cant get a pic of her one.

Yeh should have thought of that :cry:

THAT'S what I'm saying!  +1
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 08:25:31 AM
Cheers mate. :tu:

at Offline Woz

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 09:33:07 AM
Let me add a question on the blade please. I guess this is the same blade as on the My First knife. Is it as sharp as normal blades? So, is just the tip rounded, but the blade sharp, or is it more of a toy blade?

I ask, becuase I wonder if a SAK like the My First would be a great EDC for office use. The rounded tip makes it look as if it was a great tool to spread butter on bread, so if it is sharp enough, it might be a nice companion to the Cheese Tool. I like the Cheese knife, but spreading is hard to do with it. A Cheese-Tool, My First combo seems great for picknick use  :)
edc-reviews.blogspot.com

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 07:04:37 PM
The MFV blade is indeed as sharp as any normal SAK. :)

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 07:06:51 PM
Nice one Kirk..  :tu:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 01:30:05 AM
Let me add a question on the blade please. I guess this is the same blade as on the My First knife. Is it as sharp as normal blades? So, is just the tip rounded, but the blade sharp, or is it more of a toy blade?

I ask, becuase I wonder if a SAK like the My First would be a great EDC for office use. The rounded tip makes it look as if it was a great tool to spread butter on bread, so if it is sharp enough, it might be a nice companion to the Cheese Tool. I like the Cheese knife, but spreading is hard to do with it. A Cheese-Tool, My First combo seems great for picknick use  :)

I'm carrying my little freebee at work ATM,and tend to carry a DofE when I'm in enjoying free time,and I can confirm they are both completely usable and sharp,just a bit more PC in the UK.

As a further addition,I've been thinking about a 84mil mod,using a MyFirstPlus as the basis and adding a Philips of some description....

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%