Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Skeletool

Offline navihawk

Skeletool
on: November 20, 2007, 03:17:46 PM
Whats the general opinion on this one?Looks decent to me.I can't leave home without my old style Wave, the one without the screwdriver locks.The skeletool is nice on the eyes though. I may have to get one just for the candy factor.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Skeletool
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 03:22:39 PM
I'm looking forward to trying this one out.  Not since the release of the Victorinox Spirit or the original SpyderWrench has there been this much interest surrounding a new tool release.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 11:24:11 PM
Whats the general opinion on this one?Looks decent to me.I can't leave home without my old style Wave, the one without the screwdriver locks.The skeletool is nice on the eyes though. I may have to get one just for the candy factor.

Nice on the eyes ???  You sure ???  :D 

Does look interesting though.

I'm back!!

Offline navihawk

Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 11:28:00 PM
I like it,I'm just not a big fan of the interchangeable bit thing. If you break one it's a plus, if you lose it your F**ed

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 12:38:22 AM
I think the bit driver concept has got some good and bad going for it. Yes you could lose a bit, but the Skeletool has a little locking tab that we haven't seen on the other Leathermans. Hopefully it will keep the bit securely in the holder.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 02:23:57 AM
I'm looking forward to it, and think it should be a great tool. (at least I'll be very disapointed if it's not...) I wish the CX wasn't a combo edge though. ::) But I might get over that issue and just chalk it up to getting a little more variety in my collection. :) I'm also still wondering about the fate of the fabled Freestyle that is still somewhat in the rumor stage...

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 02:28:40 AM
I am looking forward to it as well, the price is a hefty though, cost bout as much as an '04 wave  ??? I will see what other people say before I buy the idea.

David

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 02:43:33 AM
I am looking forward to it as well, the price is a hefty though, cost bout as much as an '04 wave  ??? I will see what other people say before I buy the idea.

David
I agree that I want to hear some feedback before I put the $$$ down. Not that I expect bad news, I guess I'm just curious.

And as far as the price, It might seem a little steep next to some other tools. But next to a lot of pocket knives that it should be able to compete with it doesn't seem outlandish at all to me.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 02:49:12 AM
Good point there Luke....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 01:43:20 AM
I see they are already listing eBay auctions (preorder) for both versions of the Skeletool.

$59.85 for the regular one, $79.85 for the CX model.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%