Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lateral play in Swisstool pliers

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Lateral play in Swisstool pliers
on: May 30, 2011, 07:03:01 PM
I just received a Swisstool Spirit X that I bought for a good price on Ebay. It was sold as being "brand new" and as far as I can tell it is. The workmanship is exquisite, well conceived and beautifully put together.  There is though a slight amount of lateral play in the plier jaws, just enough that thin, soft wire doesn't cut crisply :-\ Everything else is perfect. Is this how they are supposed to be, or should I send it in?

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Lateral play in Swisstool pliers
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 10:17:57 PM
My Spirit also has a very slight amount of play in the plier head.  Never noticed it before, but its definitely there.  I would recommend just using the sucker and trying not to worry about it.  If someone smarter than me - which includes just about everyone here - says something to the contrary, then go with that.  :)

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:38:11 PM
I would recommend just using the sucker and trying not to worry about it.

Yep I think that's the move. This is really an awesome tool  :tu:

If someone smarter than me - which includes just about everyone here - says something to the contrary, then go with that.  :)

I remember seeing your posts on Bladeforums and always thought you were one of the smart ones  :D

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 10:43:14 PM
I just received a Swisstool Spirit X that I bought for a good price on Ebay. It was sold as being "brand new" and as far as I can tell it is. The workmanship is exquisite, well conceived and beautifully put together.  There is though a slight amount of lateral play in the plier jaws, just enough that thin, soft wire doesn't cut crisply :-\ Everything else is perfect. Is this how they are supposed to be, or should I send it in?

Send Victorinox USA an e-mail about it.  They'll sort it out for you.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%