Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Logo removing

us Offline MirrorEdge

Logo removing
on: August 10, 2011, 11:25:40 AM
Hi folks

Is there any way to remove the cross from victorinox logo  ???

BTW it's cellidor

and what SAKs come in nylon scale ???
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:34:03 AM by 3bdul3zeez »

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: Logo removing
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:49:32 AM
I don't think you can easily remove the cross from the logo. There are knives with a company logo on the front scales that don't have the Victorinox shield and cross.
Maybe you can make your own scales from wood or other material?

Nylon scales are available on the Spartan, Camper, Climber, Huntsman and possibly other models as well. You can always remove the scales and put them on your favorite model if that one is not available with nylon scales.

Oh, there are SAKs with a different Vic shield without cross, but those are quite hard to find :)
Like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350483850840
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:51:21 AM by Reinier »
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline MirrorEdge

Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:25:13 PM
I don't think you can easily remove the cross from the logo. There are knives with a company logo on the front scales that don't have the Victorinox shield and cross.

Nylon scales are available on the Spartan, Camper, Climber, Huntsman and possibly other models as well. You can always remove the scales and put them on your favorite model if that one is not available with nylon scales.

Oh, there are SAKs with a different Vic shield without cross, but those are quite hard to find :)

I can't make scales

Did eBay ship to UAE ???

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:27:53 PM
Just ask the seller. I often do and they are usually willing to ship to Europe, but no idea about UAE. Again, just contact the seller :)

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 12:53:26 PM

I can't make scales

Did eBay ship to UAE ???

If you're looking for scales, go to Beehive of Saktivity over at EDCsource or Rotokid's shop at SOSAKonline (and soon EDCsource also).  Both are very good sources of parts and very helpful.

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Logo removing
Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 01:30:46 PM
Hi folks

BTW it's cellidor

Why would you want to do that?  You can buy aftermarket scales but I don't know of any without the shield. By the way it's more of a plus sign rather than a cross. A cross has a longer center and more narrow width.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 01:52:43 PM
By the way it's more of a plus sign rather than a cross. A cross has a longer center and more narrow width.

Well, you can't deny that the Swiss cross has a Christian background. And if that does not match with ones beliefs, I can totally understand why one doesn't want it on a SAK.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_cross
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Switzerland

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 02:43:33 PM
Shouldn't the Middle Eastern region sell SAKs with a modified logo on them? Have you checked your local area for such knives 3bdul3zeez?
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline MirrorEdge

Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 02:49:57 PM
Shouldn't the Middle Eastern region sell SAKs with a modified logo on them? Have you checked your local area for such knives 3bdul3zeez?

I didn't check yet but my brother mountineer have a cross

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 02:58:10 PM
I did a quick Net look and coldn't find anything helpfull.

us Offline MirrorEdge

Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 02:59:22 PM
Hi folks

BTW it's cellidor

Why would you want to do that?  You can buy aftermarket scales but I don't know of any without the shield. By the way it's more of a plus sign rather than a cross. A cross has a longer center and more narrow width.

I want to do that because I think that not allowed in my religion to waer things with a cross
And about the shape of cross check wikipedia and will found out that the plus sign I some kind of a cross

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 03:09:28 PM
You should be able to get a pair of wooden scales with no emblem on them. Wood is a very nice handle material.

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Logo removing
Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 11:50:56 PM
Makes sense. You could probably remove the shield and cross together from the scale. Then carefully cut the cross out with a razor knife. Superglue the shield back in place and done. Oh before you reattach the shield be sure to sand the area where it was or the cross imprint will still be visible. Hope that helps and wasn't trying to offend anyone. :D
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 02:02:05 AM
Or look for a set of nylon pulls- I thin Neil sometimes has some on EDC Source, and he might be willing to ship to the UAE. Those logos aren't very deep, or sometimes even PAINTED on. Just take fine sand paper to it for a few minutes, followed by 000 steel wool. Takes the logo off, gives it instant age, and the "brushed nylon" scale is, IMHO, one of the more grippy options other than Alox.

And as I recall you are in a land of sun and sand- Alox is more like branding iron I bet.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Vadim

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 06:31:16 AM
SAK without logo?

Its looks just great!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:45:07 AM by CumminsDiesel »

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 10:18:53 PM
Alot of the new Classics (small 58mm keyring model) have a printed on cross that can be polished away with a bit of effort.

Alternatively if you can find advertising SAKs with stuff printed on the front you can also do the same (but check as sometimes the shield is put on the back if the front has advertising.

The SAKs with the globe in place of the cross (like Reinier linked to above) is an option and may actually be easier to locate in the UAE. They are pretty rare in the US and Europe.

I have a grand total of one 91mm set and one 84mm set of completely unbranded red scales.  These are pulled from another knife though rather than brand new.  But if you get stuck send me a message :tu:

I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline rockpool

Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 09:14:15 PM
I want to do that because I think that not allowed in my religion to waer things with a cross
And about the shape of cross check wikipedia and will found out that the plus sign I some kind of a cross

Just curious what religion that is, as crosses are fairly ubiquitous in life - The cross on the SAK is a representation of the Flag of Switzerland, one of the most tolerant  countries on earth - it has nothing to do (AFAIK) with any religious symbolism.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 10:01:47 PM
Just curious what religion that is, as crosses are fairly ubiquitous in life - The cross on the SAK is a representation of the Flag of Switzerland, one of the most tolerant  countries on earth - it has nothing to do (AFAIK) with any religious symbolism.

To be honest I don't think we need to dig deeper into the religion part here.. :police:
Lets just say that's the way it is for 3bdul3zeez..   :)

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 10:14:57 PM

us Offline MirrorEdge

Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 12:02:11 AM

I am Muslim
And I am not allowed to wear things with cross on them
Because Christions did not kill Jesus as mintiond in the holy Quran
To be honest I don't think we need to dig deeper into the religion part here.. :police:
[quote/]
Thank you
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:17:33 AM by 3bdul3zeez »

us Offline bren10man

Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 02:12:06 AM

I am here in Mesopotamia, been here 3 months (and my 2nd time here).....Crosses are banned in the Middle East in many countries due to Islamic Sharia law.....only Islam is allowed to be practiced, no religious freedom, etc.   Hence, why you have the Red Crescent instead of the Red Cross, for example....I would say more, but will not.   
MOLON LABE!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 02:29:12 AM
No, because it would be counterproductive to discuss it any further, and possibly insulting to do so.  Whether you agree or not is immaterial- the fact is that he does not want to carry anything with a cross.  How many members here avoid Black Oxide or certain brands, and yet no one belittles them for that.

Multitool.org is a religion and politics free zone, remember?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MirrorEdge

Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 02:34:13 AM

I am here in Mesopotamia, been here 3 months (and my 2nd time here).....Crosses are banned in the Middle East in many countries due to Islamic Sharia law.....only Islam is allowed to be practiced, no religious freedom, etc.   Hence, why you have the Red Crescent instead of the Red Cross, for example....I would say more, but will not.
Who till you that there are no religious freedom !
If you was Christion or Jewish or any athor religion you get every thing that Muslim can get
There are no deference
Even Christions can do their Saturday stuff in the cherch
No one will bite you
And better for you to not say more

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 02:41:11 AM
Def has the right of it. This forum is definitely a political and religious free forum.

Please let's keep it this way.  :salute:

us Offline MirrorEdge

Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 02:55:20 AM
Def has the right of it. This forum is definitely a political and religious free forum.

Please let's keep it this way.  :salute:
He starts  :D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 03:27:42 AM
 :think:

us Offline MirrorEdge

Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 03:34:57 AM
:think:
Ben10man start talking about Islam and he said that Islam is non freedom religion  :rant:  >:(

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 04:36:36 AM
Yes, and the Moderators are trying to stop it- please respect that.  This is no place to discuss religeon. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MirrorEdge

Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 10:09:28 AM
Yes, and the Moderators are trying to stop it- please respect that.  This is no place to discuss religeon. 

Def

Check your PM

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21