Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

usefull tools,

Zed · 2 · 900

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
usefull tools,
on: September 19, 2011, 12:24:26 PM
Im not a collector of MT or knives, i generally try and find a use for what i have, if i find no use i sell and try something else,for me the wave has been my most usefull MT to date, ive had one since my dad got me one in 98 and had one since, ive tried many other MT's some i liked and some not so much, although i still have some in other places like my pst at work in my locker and a friend has borrowed my st300 i do have some at home that i use as much as possible, for example i carry a opinel #4 daily, its uk legal razor sharp so a great slicer and cutting knife, and for me its easy to sharpen, a bonus as ive never been good at it, other knives include bucks 110 and 112, it was my first knife pattern i got when i was 11 in 1981 , i was on a camping trip with the school and picked a 112 copy up from a shop, i started collecting knives after that knife and have carried a pocket knife ever since, although due to uk laws these 2 dont get massive use i know there there if i need a HD knife for camping trips of in the garden, my other bigger knife is the opinel #8 i have the carbon and the SS version and both great knives, i use the carbon in the garden and the ss in the kitchen, another favourite MT for me is the LM ST a real solid around the house type of MT as ive tried both old and new ST these are both amazing tools and worth having if you wont a solid MT, well everything here has a use whats your favourite  :tu:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:26:16 PM by Zed »

za Offline Jors

• Johan Crous
Re: usefull tools,
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 07:38:08 AM
My favourite mt remains the Surge, followed by the ST300 and the Wave.
I like the pulse, but a little bit light.
I am still looking for the ST but did not found it yet.

I agree with you on the Opinel. Very good slicer. Keeps the cutting edge.
Regards
Johan

LEATHERMAN: Charge TTi; Super Tool 300; Surge; Pulse; Squirt P4; Micra; MUT STD; Bit Adapter; Universal Bit Adapter; Bit Extender; Leatherman Bit Kit; SOG: Powerlock (S60); Pocket PowerPlier (S44-N); Paratool (S31-N); CrossCut (CC51-CP); Rebar.
Lightsaver LS805 Commando; LED P7 & P5 (EDC); Maratac AAA (EDC Backup); Maglite Solitaire LED.
Cold Steel Lawman; Cudeman 8" & 10" Bowie. 4 Joseph Rogers, 4 Opinel; Buck 110 & 112 & 503.
www.johancrous.co.za

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD