Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK Swiss Champ EDC Carry Q needs A..

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
on: October 16, 2011, 10:23:35 PM
Amici,
I've been using my Swiss Champ again for EDC, but since it can be a tad heavy in the pocket, I'm planning on buying a pouch for belt carry. So far for the 5-8 layer models in which the Swiss Champ falls into, I have seen the zermott (leather), a nylon pouch, and a leather one that out of all three, actually looks the best out of the entire litter.

One issue I've run into, is that the leather pouch that would be perfect for the Swiss Champ is only available for purchase out of the UK, and the closest model I can find here in the US is for the XLT version that is a little bigger than the Swiss champ. Also some of the US vendors stipulate that the XLT pouch will be too bg for the swiss champ, so that's where my concerns lay.

My question is, would the black leather XLT pouch accommodate a Swiss Champ properly or would it be too large, and if not, then is there really a difference between the XLT leather pouch, and the Swiss Champ model that again is only available or purchase out of the UK?

Cheers,
Serge   
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: SAK Swiss Champ EDC Carry Q needs A..
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:58:58 PM
The XLT one will be far too big imo, unless you want to stick a torch ect in with it :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 01:27:11 AM
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 02:56:17 AM
Amici,
I've done business also with Central Valley Wholesale on eslave and the service has been top notch although their prices can be a little on the high side I also have to add.

As for the pouches, I've found this link to a US based Vic related store that sells different pouch variants for all SAKs. Although the prices are a little high, they seem to have the goods available which is a good thing, here's the link:

http://www.victorinoxstores.com/victorinox/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_name=Victorinox+Pocket+Knfie+Pouches&dept_id=3448&mscssid=PHRGJCVLP0DK8KD0986BJ2GMEA500439

I decided to go with a black leather pouch for my white scaled Swiss Champ, and also the Nylon pouch for my new Hardwood scaled Swiss Champ that's on the way as a belated birthday present to myself. I'll post pics once all they arrive to the bunker for the forum.

Cheers,
Serge

us Offline bren10man

Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 03:23:25 AM
Want the PROPPER pouch for the Swiss Champ?

Get the SOS kit.   That was made specifically for the Swiss Champ.

They are found on E-Bay and other places.
MOLON LABE!

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 03:50:02 AM
Amici,
Very true, the SOS kit is the traditional carry option for the Swiss Champ. But what was once a plentiful bounty to pick up for a few dollars, is now a commodity that's quite hard to come by.  If and when you do find them and if they still have their original survival kit contents, command a high price..

Cheers,
Serge

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72