Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

They're here ... Leatherman Heritage PST's (pic heavy !!!) 302

No Life Club Posts: 4,155
They're here ... Leatherman Heritage PST's (pic heavy !!!)
« on: February 07, 2019, 06:55:48 PM »
When the PST Heritage edition was announced I liked the idea of being able to buy a new PST, but the 299,95 Euro retail price was a bit over the top in my opinion ("a bit" being an understatement).  After a couple of months the retail price dropped down to 249.95 Euro, which was still more than I was willing to cough op.  Early January I noticed that a local outdoor-shop had the PST Heritage on sale at -30% discount and I decided to go and have a look, but I never got to the store since I found a couple of old Wengers in another store first that day ...  ::).

A bit later they were at -50%, but by then I started hoping they would eventually drop down to -70% and I started the waiting game ...

And finally, last thursday around midnight, they dropped to -70%, and I went for it and placed my order  :D.

And yesterday I got an e-mail saying that I could collect them at the local shop, so here are the pics (taken indoors with smartphone, so nothing fancy  ::)).

Oh, and by now you guys should know what the standard procedure is when something costs less than 1/3th of its original price, right ?   :pok:

First impressions ... The NIB old stock PST that I bought a couple of years ago felt better, this one feels pretty tight (but will get better during use I guess), and it was quite "dirty" out of the box, fingerprints and grease (on a regular Leatherman this wouldn't even catch my attention, but since this is supposed to be a Special Edition, in a special box at a special price, I was expecting more maybe ...  :-\).

And the sheath, well, it looks nice, but compared to an original leather PST sheath, this one feels ... well ...  it just doesn't feel the same ...  Maybe American cows aren't what they used to be, who knows ?

Anyway, I'm very happy with my Heritage PST's, and at 74,99 Euro a piece they are a steal over here.  Even when rumours about the PST being part of Leatherman's line up again (a "normal" version at at a "normal" price, that is) in the near future, I doubt that the "normal" price will be lower than the 74,99 Euro I paid for these Heritage versions now.  So either way, one happy TG-24 here  :D.

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,200
Re: They're here ... Leatherman Heritage PST's (pic heavy !!!)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 07:15:29 PM »
:dd:

Buy now or regret later
No Life Club Posts: 1,970
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:08:26 PM »
It looks nice, can't wait for more pics :like:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,192
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 11:04:05 PM »

Anyway, I'm very happy with my Heritage PST's, and at 74,99 Euro a piece they are a steal over here.

Congratulations on the Heritage PST's Top-Gear! :like: :tu: :tu:

Nice pics! :cheers:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 11:08:42 PM »
Thanks guys  :salute:.
Global Moderator Point Of No Return Posts: 34,536
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 11:33:00 PM »
Congrats TG !    :cheers:
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 01:15:00 AM »
Congrats TG !    :cheers:
Thanks mate  :salute:.
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 30,780 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 01:43:11 AM »
Very nice TG.  8)

Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 50,115
No Life Club Posts: 2,832 Honey Badger Don't Care
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 02:36:25 AM »
Thats great  :tu:  :like:  :cheers:

~CsB
Sr. Member Posts: 433
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 02:52:59 AM »
 The packaging looks very Apple minus the color of the box. I'm not surprised by how many companies have mimicked Apple's boxing of products.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
February Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: $260.00
PayPal Fees: $16.43
Net Balance: $243.57
Below Goal: $56.43
Site Currency: USD
81%