Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

eBay seller gives lame excuse for not going through with sale

dks · 20 · 5328

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
So I bid on a Swisstool Spirit Road Tour edition with a starting bid of $100 and a buy it now price of $120, which seemed like a good price for eBay but lower than what I would pay here. (For some reason the Swisstools are too expensive in Cyprus  ??? ).

I talked to the seller about shipping before bidding and won the item for $100 yesterday.

I immediately asked for the total so that I could pay the seller.

Today I got this message:

Sorry I meant to take this down yesterday and forgot the tool was used and damaged by mistake so I will not be selling it now due to the damage. I will leave feedback for you for the mistake in me not ending the auction before it ending. Again sorry for the inconvence.

The seller has left positive feedback.
The seller appears to have no seller feedback, but good buyer feedback.

I am suspicious as I believe the seller just found a better offer somewhere...
I mean, how much damage can you do to a Swisstool by just playing with it?

So I replied:

Please provide me with details of the damage too the tool (tool, packaging etc) and if possible pictures at my email address :******************  so that I can decide how to proceed with this matter.
Thank you.

I will keep you lot informed of what happens and provide more details including the sellers eBay name if I am convinced the seller is being naughty.....
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline Ashley

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • AKA Knife Crazied
Re: eBay seller gives lame excuse for not going through with sale
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 05:14:23 PM
What a shame and LAME excuse.  :-\

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 05:54:37 PM
Lamenaid.

If they don't comply in 3 messages, negative feedback their sorry shifty selling butt.
Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 07:47:03 PM
Well, I got a reply with a request through eBay to cancel the transaction.
the reply was:

the scraper was used as a prybar and snapped off. it was grabbed by my friend out of my knife drawer by mistake when I told him he could get one of my multitools out to use it. I am sorry that this happened but I don't see where there is a problem as far as the transaction goes you haven't sent payment and if you had I would have refunded it immediately. I have left you positive feedback as a sorry.

and I replied:

Please send me a picture of the whole damaged item with the problem showing, as I find it questionable that someone would take a brand NEW, as you claimed in you ad, item that was in its original packaging and which even looks expensive and use it as a prybar.
Please provide the picture so that I can be advised on what actions I need to take.

I do not think I can do much  :( , but unless I get my tool or a picture with the broken scraper (We are talking about the swisstool scraper, a very solid piece of metal here) the seller will get a negative.

At least I did not lose any money....

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 07:59:25 PM
Sound like a crock of kaka!

I'd prefer not to deal with people who are liable to mess you about anyway.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 08:33:38 PM
At that selling price the seller could have been able to go and buy a new one and send it to me if it was actually damaged.
The sad thing is that there is not really that much that I can do if the seller does not want to sell.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 09:39:20 PM
I would just leave bad feedback for him and be done with it.  If you want a SwissTool, Tim will likely be able to seel you one for less than that amount anyway.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 09:47:37 PM
I personally would let it go leave neutral feedback and split. No negative due to no real transaction/deal happened IMHO.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 09:48:47 PM
Another reason to avoid fleebay  :-\

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 09:56:18 PM
I will give it untill tomorrow and if the seller can not magically find one to send to me then I will just leave feedback and close the case. I can not do anything else anyway, nor do I want to spend more time on this issue.

Grant, I would be happy to buy a Road tour swisstool spirit from Tim, though I have not seen them for lower than the $100 that I "won" the last one for.

EDIT: I sent Tim a PM about it anyway.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:32:51 PM by dks »

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 09:01:02 AM
Yep that guy is trying to welch out on the deal  >:( >:( >:(.
If it was me I would say 'sure I will leave you + feedback if you honour your sale agreement by sending me a new Road Tour MT, if you do not then you get - feedback'  :think:
You could also say you are going to report them to Ebay for unscrupulous sales practices  :think: :think:

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:40 AM
Yep that guy is trying to welch out on the deal  >:( >:( >:(.

I have a similar problem. I bought a used SwissChamp XLT for only €45 but I never received it. Seller has not responded to my messages and since the listing ended more than 45 days ago I am too late to open a dispute :(
It looks like the seller was not satisfied with the price and is taking some negative feedback for granted :think:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 10:24:04 AM
Well, I got this reply today:

I have no way to send you a picture of the tool or I would gladly do so that's why I had to use a stock picture of the tool. I am not trying to mislead you or lye I have positive feedback from selling items. I can't see where there are any "actions" to take in the matter i didn't send you an invoice and you did not pay for the item so I don't have your money so I am not trying to rip you off. Truth is you still have your money and I now have a broken tool I can't sell.

I allways try to think the best about people so I will assume that there is a possibility the seller is telling the truth...  I will give Neutral feedback, just in case.
Unless the seller lists the Spirit again.  >:(

In the end I can not do much more anyway, apart from telling the people here to look out.
The sellers name on eBay is Susiec79,
http://myworld.ebay.com/susiec79/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

A quick search from google says that she was originally from Canada...  :pok:  so, there is the root of the problem..  :rofl:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 10:35:06 AM
The sellers name on eBay is Susiec79,

And now we know your eBay username. You have bought a couple of nice items recently ;)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 01:50:44 PM
When you place a bid on eBay it takes you to a page saying that by bidding you are entering a legally binding contract with the seller.  Regardless of whether she has sent you an invoice or not, you and she are contractually obligated to fulfill your respective ends of that contract unless some other agreement is made.  No other agreement has been made and you are willing to fulfill your end of the bargain.

EBay policy is very specific about it being a contract, and one exists regardless of whether she sends you an invoice.  Don't let her bully you.

Either way, I would leave bad feedback and move on.  It's not worth the hassle.  Frustrating yes, but since there's really not much more you can do, leave bad feedback and move on.  If you like, try to lodge a complaint with eBay, but I don't see that accomplishing much, other than possibly making you feel better.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Online powernoodle

Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 02:08:49 PM
The moral of this story may be to avoid sellers who do not have tons of excellent feedback.  It takes courage to buy from a seller who has no seller feedback.  JMO.   :tu:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 02:12:48 PM
The moral of this story may be to avoid sellers who do not have tons of excellent feedback.  It takes courage to buy from a seller who has no seller feedback.  JMO.   :tu:

That would mean nobody can ever become a seller. I myself have a couple of items that I would like to sell on eBay but since I only have 100% positive feedback as a buyer nobody would bid on my items ;)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 02:41:31 PM
I just left some feedback and finished the whole thing.

At the end of the day on eBay you can not physically force  :twak: someone to send you an item.
You can jump up and down :ahhh and have them thrown out of eBay but they can allways re-register a week later and you still have nothing.

I did not pay anything and did not lose any other items whilst persuing this one, so I am not really bitter. There are a lot more important things to worry about.

Powernoodle, usually sellers with low feedback do not atract many bidders (for a reason....) so you can get some good deals from them.

Reinier, now I assume you will not be bidding on any items I bid on, right?  :D

Oh, I send Felinevet a PM but he does not have any of the Road Tour Spirits.

They are curently selling for 157 Euro here, so if I REALLY was desperate for one, or drunk enough, I could get one, but I am sure I should be able to get one for half of that if I wait...

00 Offline Carlos

Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 02:57:16 PM
I think I've seen recently one of those at 95 euros by a german seller. That's about 123 usd, so a bit more than those pledged 100.

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 03:54:35 PM
This is exactly what the feedback system is there for.  I would leave appropriate feedback explaining what happened.  There's plenty of these people out there - no good to let them get you that worked up - not worth the elevated blood pressure  :pok: :pok:
SAW

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD