Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wish I had....

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Wish I had....
on: January 24, 2012, 04:57:24 AM
Wish I had continued my college education. For once I loved learning new things. Now I dont have time cause I'm a single dad and spend most of time with them. That's a great thing, but still wish I had the time. Ugh.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Re: Wish I had....
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 04:59:52 AM
Your a good man Steve. :salute: Things will work out if you want it bad enough. :tu:

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 05:24:47 AM
Don't worry Steve, you are being a good dad and that is very important in this world.

Sent from my phone somewhere in the house.
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 06:03:02 AM
I wish I could have went into air force. I passed all testing but I couldn't pass the lung test due to my asthma. It was my dream to learn to fly a jet fighter. I was going to sign a 20 year contract and spend my life serving this wonderful country. I guess God had a different plan.

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 06:39:20 AM
Wish I had bought a bigger house in the beginning and changed jobs earlier.  Been at this job far too long I think.

Sent from my phone somewhere in the house.
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

au Offline mvyrmnd

• Tupperware Hunter
Wish I had....
Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 06:58:27 AM
I wish I never have regrets. I've done some dumb things, but looking back, so far I'd change nothing. I have a beautiful wife, two healthy sons, a good house (not big or new, but I like it), a job I love and enough money to pay the mortgage, eat well and enough left over to buy a few MT's.

Sorry to spoil the tone of the thread :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:25:50 AM by mvyrmnd »
Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy

us Offline tattoosteve99

Wish I had....
Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 07:11:45 AM
Not spoiled more like enhanced ;).

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 02:22:14 PM
It's never too late to learn.

Local community college have classes in the evenings.  Take a class or two on something that interests you.

Go to the library and check out some books on something that interest you.  The library is also great place to take your kids.

Even with kids, there is always time to read.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 03:26:43 PM
Its hard steve doing the right thing, but kids are great and you will never regret spending time with them, i changed my whole career for my kids so sacrificed travelling and money and career i did from the age of 11, i know work with elderly with dementia its a hard job but rewarding anfd fits in with my fies ours and the kids but sadly dont pay well , once my children our older i will try new things, you have to put stuff on hold for your kids but you pay for it with amazing chilrden who will benifit in life  :salute: keep going mate your doing it right  :tu:

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 03:59:38 PM
I wish the flesh was still willing because the spirit is rather bored!
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 04:24:18 PM
*stands on soapbox*

Sacrificing everything for your kids is really unhealthy.  And I don't agree with this current cult of child-worship that is 21st century parenting. I'm his parent. I'm NOT his playmate. I'm NOT his friend. You can't be a friend and a parent at the same time, but if I do my job right, he'll grow up into a responsible adult that I can be friends with.

I couldn't be a decent parent unless I paid equal time to myself and my spouse.  I'm a divorced dad and my time with my kid is limited. But when the kid is with me, I've NEVER made it "all about him".  That just sends the wrong message. The world will never revolve around you.

We do things together, but there is also time when he has to entertain himself while I catch up on some reading, or do chores, etc. I like to think I'm interesting  because I have things to share with him, but I only have things to share with him because I take time for myself.

He sees from me what it means to be a well-rounded, responsible person.  He sees me work, take time to improve myself, and dedicate appropriate time to all the loved ones in my life... NOT just him alone.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:26:44 PM by shamus »

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 04:29:54 PM
*dons the flameproof underwear*

Sacrificing everything for your kids is really unhealthy.  And I don't agree with this current cult of child-worship that is 21st century parenting. I'm his parent. I'm NOT his playmate. I'm NOT his friend. You can't be a friend and a parent at the same time, but if I do my job right, he'll grow up into a responsible adult that I can be friends with.

I couldn't be a decent parent unless I paid equal time to myself and my spouse.  I'm a divorced dad and my time with my kid is limited. But when the kid is with me, I've NEVER made it "all about him".  That just sends the wrong message. The world will never revolve around you.

We do things together, but there is also time when he has to entertain himself while I catch up on some reading, or do chores, etc. I like to think I'm interesting  because I have things to share with him, but I only have things to share with him because I take time for myself.

He sees from me what it means to be a well-rounded, responsible person.  He sees me work, take time to improve myself, and dedicate appropriate time to all the loved ones in my life... NOT just him alone.

As far as im concerned you get out what you put in, ive one child from my first marriage (12) who has learning problems and ive had her everyday since my divorce, i also have 2 children 4-5 from my marriage now, i still do my cycling and walks but im less selfish with my time as i was when i was yopunger, im 41 now and can happily juggle my childrens needs and mine , but i give them as much support as i can too make there lives better, its a tough world out there and i want them to be as good as they can be to survive, my opinion,

00 Offline Carlos

Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 05:19:58 PM
Talking about kids, I wish my kid (4) had not come sleep to my bed last night: he peed there.  :rant:
It was 3 in the morning and there was I: giving him a bath and putting the blankets and sheets to wash.  :ahhh

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 05:43:29 PM
It was 3 in the morning and there was I: giving him a bath and putting the blankets and sheets to wash.  :ahhh

:pok: That is why we have need women..  :D   >:D
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 06:36:06 PM
I allways thought that kids are in this world because we wanted so. Sacrificing for them is what I think is right to do.

And I agree, it is as everything the more you invest in them the more you get back.

My kids are 9 and 5, all week I'm away for work, sometimes more, and I know they miss me, that's what make me sad.

On the other side, what I wanted to be is ortodox priest.

At last, Steve there is time for school and learning. Scholastic is continuous process... I'm 40 and hold a B.Sc degree, now I'm planing to get Spec. Mechanical engineer and maybe even MBA later...

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline tattoosteve99

Wish I had....
Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 07:25:58 PM
Well after having seen the replies here I feel much better. The only problem with going back is the courses I want to take all have heavy prerequisites. So I am going to check and see what I have to do in order to take a few classes that I want not what the college wants me too. I want to learn machining and similar interest along that line. I have a heads up on others as I have already learned a lot about it from hands on. Now I just need the paper to back it up :).

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 07:45:55 PM
Well after having seen the replies here I feel much better. The only problem with going back is the courses I want to take all have heavy prerequisites. So I am going to check and see what I have to do in order to take a few classes that I want not what the college wants me too. I want to learn machining and similar interest along that line. I have a heads up on others as I have already learned a lot about it from hands on. Now I just need the paper to back it up :).

Depending on which areas you want to study, I might have some old textbooks I can spare.  Half of my college experience was just teaching myself, anyway. ^^;

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 08:06:17 PM
I don't have no actual children but my roomy and I have 4 dogs and we plan around them. They are included as family with almost all things we do. Vacations, hiking, shopping (they love car rides. Only 1-2 get to go at a time though.). We care about our dogs more then some people do their kids as sad as that is to say.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 11:34:48 PM
Wish I had....boobs :gimme: :gimme: :gimme:
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 11:39:34 PM
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 11:45:03 PM

Many guys do, from what you see at the beach.  :ahhh

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 12:39:24 AM

Many guys do, from what you see at the beach.  :ahhh
:rofl:
I'm actually waiting on word about going back to school. My degree is in history, and sadly I never went beyond my BA to get an advanced degree. I want to go back, but I'm considering another route-drug and alcohol addiction counseling. The local county college has an excellent program for it.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

My roomy has big enough boobs to share with you and she'd still have more then a handful. :sa:

Sent from my Ash forum mobile

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 01:10:10 AM

My roomy has big enough boobs to share with you and she'd still have more then a handful. :sa:

Sent from my Ash forum mobile

Pics or it didn't happen! LOL kidding but I knew someone else would have said it if I didnt. hahaha
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 01:13:16 AM
She'd kill me. :ahhh:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 11:28:00 AM

We wont tell ashley  ::)  :D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 12:21:43 PM
I wished that I had more time in a weird way. If that makes sense.

I am so busy with my career that I don't have time for dating or anything of its ilk. When I had time, I dedicated myself to helping my father take care of my mother who was paralyzed on the left side from a terrible stroke at an early age. When she passed away, I had one year before my father became ill, and I became the primary care giver for him until he passed away. It has been 3 years now, and I am just too darn busy to do anything about it with work. I get home most nights and I am too tired to go looking if you know what I mean. I do not regret helping my parents  however...just wished I had someone by now to share with. When I had my motorcycle accident, it really hit home that being single isn't the best thing around. Thank god I have a cracker of a neighbour, otherwise, I would have been up the creek without a paddle and quite possibly, no boat.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline tattoosteve99

Wish I had....
Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 04:12:48 PM
Whoa that's tough Chako but good on you. It's nice to see that you helped out your parents in such a way. Most people would have just sent them to a home :salute: :tu:  Good people are hard to find.

us Offline tattoosteve99

Wish I had....
Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 04:13:15 PM
Wish I had.....not be so stupid at bladeforums. :(

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 04:36:52 PM

We wont tell ashley  ::)  :D

On a related note, the odometer on my car hit 80085 today... eerie timing...
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68