Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

If you'd like to know who Mike Horn is

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
If you'd like to know who Mike Horn is
on: April 18, 2012, 09:39:20 PM
I was surfing Wenger SAKs online. Surfed over to YouTube to look for videos. One guy knew a bit of background and put that in the video with the review of the knife. So I looked up Mike Horn on YouTube.

Let me just say that he makes Bear Grylls look like a weenie.

of a 6 part series. The other five parts are on that same channel, if they don't auto-play for you.

Really fun to watch. Makes me want one of his commemorative knives, even though I don't do anything extreme like that. His wife is a really good sport.

I did spot a SAK briefly in one scene, but it looked like a Victorinox SwissChamp. :D
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Re: If you'd like to know who Mike Horn is
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:24:48 AM
Excellent Video,  :tu: :tu:  I had not seen that series of videos yet, only outtakes.  :salute:

Here is a link to autoplay all 6 parts.

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:25:32 AM
I didn't watch all 6, but very cool.  :)

And yeah, Bear Grylls is a narcissistic weenie.

Edit: if this was any forum other than MT.O I'd say we should start a "Let's Dis Bear Grylls" thread!   :rofl:
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:32:58 PM
Amici,
I may be mistaken but I believe his show along with "Man Woman, Wild" has been cancelled.. Also on a similiar note, Dave Canterbury has left "Dual Survuval" to be replaced with a still yet to be determined match that would parallel Cody Lundins skill sets.

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline Ashley

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • AKA Knife Crazied

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 05:48:48 AM
Amici,
I may be mistaken but I believe his show along with "Man Woman, Wild" has been cancelled.. Also on a similiar note, Dave Canterbury has left "Dual Survuval" to be replaced with a still yet to be determined match that would parallel Cody Lundins skill sets.

Cheers,
Serge
Interesting.  My wife is a big fan of that show, and I've watched several as well.  Maybe Cody and Dave weren't getting along too well... they have very different styles despite complementary skill sets.  Les would probably be a good match with Cody, but somehow Les doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who works well with others, and he's got his own show already, so I don't see why he'd want to do a show in tandem with Cody.

I prefer Cody's approach myself; the instructors who taught the outdoor skills and survival classes I've taken are students of Cody's and use a lot of his methods.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%