Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Modding a Rebar questions

J-sews · 88 · 27702

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Modding a Rebar questions
Reply #60 on: October 21, 2016, 02:01:31 AM
I have 2 modded Rebars 1 handle has the exact same configuration in both and the other handle is a bit different in both.

The side with the saw is as this. Saw, thin washer, scissors, phillips driver, thin washer and serrated blade :tu:

One of the Rebars has a plier head with replaceable cutters and the configuration on it is as this. File (diamond in this Rebar), thin washer, can opener, awl, medium flat driver, large flat driver, thin washer and plain edge blade :cheers:

The other has the Wave plier head and the configuration is this. File, thin washer, awl, medium flat driver, large flat driver, can opener, thin washer and plain edge blade  :cheers:

I hope that some of this helps you :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #61 on: October 21, 2016, 02:07:55 AM
New page banana man dance

:nanadance:     :nanadance:

00 Offline IvanDrago

Reply #62 on: October 21, 2016, 11:13:21 AM
The side with the saw is as this. Saw, thin washer, scissors, phillips driver, thin washer and serrated blade :tu:

That's correct, I did the same yesterday. I noticed there's some spare space on that side for a very thin tool. I don't know, maybe I will put there needle compartment? I have more problems on the other side:

One of the Rebars has a plier head with replaceable cutters and the configuration on it is as this. File (diamond in this Rebar), thin washer, can opener, awl, medium flat driver, large flat driver, thin washer and plain edge blade :cheers:

Again, I implement the same configuration yesterday, prior to your answer. I found that all those tools together are too thick for that side! Even without washers the axle is too short to reach the other side (I need 0.75 mm more). The only difference comparing to Poncho was that I used regular Rebar file, not the diamond one. Is it possible that diamond file is thinner than regular Rebar one?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:19:45 AM by IvanDrago »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #63 on: October 21, 2016, 01:48:07 PM

That's correct, I did the same yesterday. I noticed there's some spare space on that side for a very thin tool. I don't know, maybe I will put there needle compartment? I have more problems on the other side:

Again, I implement the same configuration yesterday, prior to your answer. I found that all those tools together are too thick for that side! Even without washers the axle is too short to reach the other side (I need 0.75 mm more). The only difference comparing to Poncho was that I used regular Rebar file, not the diamond one. Is it possible that diamond file is thinner than regular Rebar one?

The other Rebar has the regular file and so did the other one at first.  you may have to force it apart a little at first to get it all in there then tighten everything up really good almost.over tightening. Then check it to see how the tools come out and adjust them.until they come out like you want them to :tu:

The saw side shouldn't reallyhave any extra room :think: :think: Unless you mean you forgot the washers the first time around. I would also over tighten it a bit and then loosen it until the tools come.out the way you want them to  :cheers:

Hope this helps :tu:

00 Offline IvanDrago

Reply #64 on: October 21, 2016, 03:14:36 PM
This didn't help. The tools don't want come out now. I don't know, maybe Rebars in US have a bit slimmer screwdrivers than those in Europe...

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #65 on: October 21, 2016, 03:28:29 PM
When I did mine I ground some thickness off of the can opener and everything fit a lot better.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57377.msg1033900.html#msg1033900
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 03:29:38 PM by SteveC »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #66 on: October 21, 2016, 07:27:01 PM
That is odd :think: I didn't grind anything on mine and everything works great ??? Sorry I couldn't be any help :facepalm: Hopefully you get it sorted though :cheers:

00 Offline IvanDrago

Reply #67 on: November 20, 2016, 07:43:05 PM
I'd like to drill hole/aperture on the side of my Rebar that will serve as a bit holder. I plan to use bits made by my own, but it will be nice if that hole will be suitable also for Leatherman bits. Anyone wil be so kind and measure for me the width and thickness of those flat Leatherman bits? I don't have one to compare.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:52:35 PM by IvanDrago »

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: November 21, 2016, 06:46:02 AM
Reminds me, I still need a micrometer... sorry bud, I'm no help.
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: November 21, 2016, 02:20:20 PM
Thickness: 1/8"
Length: 1 1/4" (5/4")
Width: 9/32"

Argh! Vernier calipers in Imperial gives me headaches.

00 Offline IvanDrago

Reply #70 on: November 21, 2016, 02:43:33 PM
Thickness: 1/8"
Length: 1 1/4" (5/4")
Width: 9/32"

Argh! Vernier calipers in Imperial gives me headaches.

I also hate Imperials, also because I don't have drills nor screw taps in this freaky measures  :rant:  Anyway, thank you very much!

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #71 on: November 21, 2016, 02:50:09 PM
31.75 × 7.18 × 3.18 mm 8)

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: November 21, 2016, 07:08:54 PM
31.75 × 7.18 × 3.18 mm 8)

Yeah, I just felt it made more sense to give the measures in Imperial since that gave such nice even numbers.

ua Offline krasutskyy

Reply #73 on: January 24, 2017, 12:39:10 PM
Hi friends! I signed up on the forum to share experiences of Rebar mod. Rebar + Wave scissors.
17561116.jpg
* 17561116.jpg (Filesize: 197.43 KB)
17561118.jpg
* 17561118.jpg (Filesize: 269.88 KB)
17561120.jpg
* 17561120.jpg (Filesize: 183.35 KB)
17561122.jpg
* 17561122.jpg (Filesize: 259.8 KB)

00 Offline IvanDrago

Reply #74 on: January 24, 2017, 01:29:52 PM
Hi friends! I signed up on the forum to share experiences of Rebar mod. Rebar + Wave scissors.

Nice, but it is much easier to excavate scissors when they don't touch saw. Try to put the washer between saw and scissors, not between scissors and philips.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:31:39 PM by IvanDrago »

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #75 on: January 24, 2017, 03:37:52 PM

Nice job and welcome to the forum. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #76 on: January 28, 2017, 04:47:22 PM
Welcome to :MTO: Thanks for sharing :like: :like:

Offline Skivvy Roll

• New User
Reply #77 on: January 29, 2017, 01:32:25 AM
Hey fellas!  :salute: Just found your forum while I was looking stuff up. I've had a LM Kick for about 12 years or so and I was thinking about getting a Rebar to replace it. What I was wondering about was whether it's possible to replace the saw on the Rebar with a replaceable "T-shank" one such as those on the Super Tool 300 EOD or the Surge?  ??? I could part with the serrated blade too if sideways clearance is an issue.

Sorry if this has been asked already, I have a bit of a headache so I gave up with looking for older answers once I saw this thread, seeing as it handles the same subject and all.

Thanks in advance!  :)
edit: Jesus, 4 edits in a row, should have taken a tylenol before I started posting.  :ahhh
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:37:07 AM by Skivvy Roll »

us Offline Aberdrew13

Reply #78 on: January 30, 2017, 08:55:23 PM
Hey fellas!  :salute: Just found your forum while I was looking stuff up. I've had a LM Kick for about 12 years or so and I was thinking about getting a Rebar to replace it. What I was wondering about was whether it's possible to replace the saw on the Rebar with a replaceable "T-shank" one such as those on the Super Tool 300 EOD or the Surge?  ??? I could part with the serrated blade too if sideways clearance is an issue.

Sorry if this has been asked already, I have a bit of a headache so I gave up with looking for older answers once I saw this thread, seeing as it handles the same subject and all.

Thanks in advance!  :)
edit: Jesus, 4 edits in a row, should have taken a tylenol before I started posting.  :ahhh

You can make the ST300 EOD blade exchanger work, but it requires some work.....

http://forum.multitool.or...ex.php/topic,67918.0.html

I've got mine in a Rebar handle with the SE blade, awl, large flat driver/pry tool, and mini bit driver from the Wave.
If my text is in blue, read it with sarcasm.  That is how it's meant!

Offline benjigoh

Reply #79 on: February 12, 2017, 03:15:34 PM
hi guys, i just got myself a new rebar and i really can't wait to do some modding to the tool. was thinking of swapping the scissors from my wave over to the rebar. kinda new to the modding scene. is there anything i need to pay extra attention to when moving the scissors over? any clearance issue? good day!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #80 on: February 12, 2017, 03:55:31 PM
hi guys, i just got myself a new rebar and i really can't wait to do some modding to the tool. was thinking of swapping the scissors from my wave over to the rebar. kinda new to the modding scene. is there anything i need to pay extra attention to when moving the scissors over? any clearance issue? good day!!

Welcome to :MTO: :salute:

There are several threads about modding the Rebar  :tu: The scissors swap is fairly straight forward, just make sure you don't lose any of the small washers as you take it apart :tu:

Here is the thread I made when I did this to mine :cheers:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,67409.0.html

If you have any questions just ask :cheers: oh and happy modding :salute: :like: :like:

Offline benjigoh

Reply #81 on: February 14, 2017, 03:00:53 AM
Hi Poncho65,

Thanks for the link. Really helpful.

I was browsing through the forum and I noticed that some mods are not as straightforward as it seem to be. Some require filling which is easy but others require drilling which would be a problem for me. Because of this, I am trying to research more on the mods first to ensure no drilling is required.

Cheers.

Welcome to :MTO: :salute:

There are several threads about modding the Rebar  :tu: The scissors swap is fairly straight forward, just make sure you don't lose any of the small washers as you take it apart :tu:

Here is the thread I made when I did this to mine :cheers:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,67409.0.html

If you have any questions just ask :cheers: oh and happy modding :salute: :like: :like:

00 Offline IvanDrago

Reply #82 on: February 14, 2017, 02:50:25 PM

I have similar configuration as krasutskyy, but I want to replace Philips to big bits holder. Will Wave/Charge big bits holder fit in there?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:52:12 PM by IvanDrago »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #83 on: February 14, 2017, 03:32:29 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

I have similar configuration as krasutskyy, but I want to replace Philips to big bits holder. Will Wave/Charge big bits holder fit in there?

It should fit just fine.

Offline benjigoh

Reply #84 on: February 15, 2017, 03:23:20 AM
Any drilling required on the pin hole to fit it in?
Thanks

It should fit just fine.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #85 on: February 15, 2017, 04:11:49 AM
Thanks

It should fit just fine.

All the inside tools of the Wave/Charge series have the same size pivot hole as the Rebar/Blast,Fuse and Kicks (along with a few more probably  :think: ) SO no drilling required :tu:

Offline benjigoh

Reply #86 on: February 15, 2017, 07:49:34 AM
Thats great. Hoping to get my hands on some parts now!!

Thanks

It should fit just fine.

All the inside tools of the Wave/Charge series have the same size pivot hole as the Rebar/Blast,Fuse and Kicks (along with a few more probably  :think: ) SO no drilling required :tu:

00 Offline IvanDrago

Reply #87 on: February 15, 2017, 08:09:02 AM
So large bit holder would fit in the philips gap? I mean is it not too wide?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD
47%