Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

VIC Signature Lite

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
VIC Signature Lite
on: May 07, 2012, 08:16:25 PM
I bought a VIC Signature Lite a while back and really have no clue about these. I just have a few questions if you all don't mind.  ;)  First off I would like to know if they are discontinued or not. I was also wondering if anyone could put a value on it. It is brand spanking new in the Clamshell. I am thinking about giving it a try on my keychain, but not having a toothpick or tweezers might be a deal breaker as I always like to have them on me. Sooo...... lets hear it. Any input on this. Thanks everyone.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Re: VIC Signature Lite
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:54:09 PM
Not discontinued, so go ahead and use it.

I'd miss the T&T also. But the pen is at least as useful as either of those implements. Lots of us carry a flashlight on our keys also, so this could replace that.

Maybe consider going the other way around this time: your pocket carry would have the T&T, and the Signature Lite would have the LED and pen?

It's worth noting that both of these scale components require thicker scales than do the T&T.

If you like this knife, but would prefer to add the bottle opener and #1 phillips combo tool, either sell that Signature Lite or gift it and get yourself a Midnight Manager. The Midnight Manager also has the advantage of having the knife blade open AWAY from the keys, rather than into them, as all Classic-based 58mm SAKs do. For that reason, I'd think about making this knife a pocket carry for office days, when you're unlikely to need big blades or screwdrivers and don't want a big clunker printing through your dress pants. :)
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:57:09 PM
Checked online prices in two shops, EUR 27.50 and EUR 29.50 (SilverTech scales). That was including VAT, which for those two countries are 19% IIRC. AFAIK not discontinued.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 09:46:51 PM
I picked mine up in a very tatty clamshell for £5,or there abouts.LED is nothing special,but the pen is awesome.I used mine to score a couple of feild shooting comps I done over the winter.
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 09:50:15 PM
Ive got my wifes battered pink siglite here and im waiting on some scales from lowtech so hopefully it will see some use, the torch is actually pretty bright for its size, her pen has fallen out so not sure if ill keep this function plus not sure if the scales im getting are sig version ,

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 10:23:22 PM
Not discontinued, so go ahead and use it.

I'd miss the T&T also. But the pen is at least as useful as either of those implements. Lots of us carry a flashlight on our keys also, so this could replace that.

Maybe consider going the other way around this time: your pocket carry would have the T&T, and the Signature Lite would have the LED and pen?

It's worth noting that both of these scale components require thicker scales than do the T&T.

If you like this knife, but would prefer to add the bottle opener and #1 phillips combo tool, either sell that Signature Lite or gift it and get yourself a Midnight Manager. The Midnight Manager also has the advantage of having the knife blade open AWAY from the keys, rather than into them, as all Classic-based 58mm SAKs do. For that reason, I'd think about making this knife a pocket carry for office days, when you're unlikely to need big blades or screwdrivers and don't want a big clunker printing through your dress pants. :)

I was thinking of only carrying it when I was carrying another SAK with a T&T's. I really like having the pen, but the lite is not really what interest me as no matter what I carry my Fenix E01 is on my keys. With that said I do have a MiniChamp which i'm sure you know has Tweezers and a Pen which I really like. I guess technically I don't really NEED to open the Sig-Lite, but then how else would I play with it.  :D Hmmm......  I think it needs to get opened.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 10:34:35 PM
Red LED?

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 10:37:53 PM
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:39:25 PM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 11:11:20 PM
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 11:17:43 PM
Now you got to open it.

You keep your night vision using a red light

That may come in handy for you.
Defend the Hive!!!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 12:06:16 AM
 I opened it alright.......   :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Donald

Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 12:20:42 AM
Since I often carry a Farmer or other alox SAK, I store a SAK toothpick and tweezers in a hollow drink or coffee stirrer, which I have tucked into my wallet. I recently posted a picture of it in the trash talking thread started by Smaug. Look over top of the two dollar bill and you can see it where I have pulled it out a bit for the picture.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%