Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger Teton

nelg · 6 · 2062

us Offline nelg

• Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar ??
Wenger Teton
on: June 12, 2012, 03:35:04 AM
I am curious about the Wenger Teton. I have been looking at it lately. My biggest curiosity is how it compares to the Victorinox super tinker. I see it is slightly smaller. I like the way the scales are and the tweezer and tooth pick are on the inside on the Wengers. I have a highlander and am thinking of the teton.

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Wenger Teton
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 05:59:21 AM
My EDC for a number of years has been a Wenger Traveler, which is very similar to the Teton. Basically the Traveler has a corkscrew and the Teton has a phillips screwdriver.  I find the 85mm Wengers ride better in the pocket than the 91mm Victorinox, and the Traveler has given me good service. Check with Felinevet; he may have a decent used one at a very decent price.

Karl

http://www.edcsource.com/FELINEVET-SWISS-ARMY-KNIFE-STORE,name,100015,user_id,shop

us Offline Southern Dad

Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 05:11:11 PM
I thought about getting one of these myself. I liked that fact that it includes both a screwdriver and scissors, and it's the pocketable 85 mm size. Victorinox seems to have discontinued many of their 84 mm models over the years.

sg Offline demonoflust

Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:51:01 AM
I have 2 Wenger Traveler and I like it's size and the tools. I have many other Vics but I have the Traveler beside my mouse and I bring it out sometime.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 11:09:30 AM
Another big fan of the Traveller here. Those 85mm Wengers are very pocketable. Personally I prefer the corkscrew to a phillips as it means I can add a Vic mini driver ... and I drink wine  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline nelg

• Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar ??
Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 04:29:54 AM
I edc a Vic super tinker. I still may end up talking myself into a teton. It seems similar to the super tinker just a little smaller. I like the way the scales are on Wenger. I also like the tweezers and toothpick is to the inside of the scales.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%