Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Stayglow Plus?

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Stayglow Plus?
on: July 31, 2012, 09:45:12 PM
Are stay-glow scales available in a plus version?
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Stayglow Plus?
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:56:12 PM
Heinz,
I'm sure my climber has stayglow Plus scales  :salute:
Everything’s adjustable

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 10:07:49 PM
You made them yourself sparky?
They are not availale as Plus. You could try filing out the slot but it won't really work since the scales are too thin. Well that's my experience with red nylon scales.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 10:36:49 PM

Sorry Guys I'm probably just confused then  :-\
Can you tell me what mine are please Reinier?  :-[

Everything’s adjustable

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 10:52:42 PM
The 'plus' scales have the extra slot for the little pen.  If they don't have it, then it's not a 'plus'.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 10:58:02 PM

Thanks Heinz I didn't realize that  :salute:
Everything’s adjustable

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 11:09:40 PM
I tried adding the pen to these nylon scales once but as you can see it didn't really work.

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 11:14:44 PM

Thanks Heinz I didn't realize that  :salute:
No worries... didn't know the difference myself until recently.

Offline psul71

Stayglow Plus?
Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 01:41:09 AM
Roto-kid made up some Stayglow plus scales a few years ago. I have mine on a 91 mm Lumberjack that Scineer modded for me. I'll have to dig it out and get a picture up later.

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 06:10:26 AM
Roto-kid made up some Stayglow plus scales a few years ago. I have mine on a 91 mm Lumberjack that Scineer modded for me. I'll have to dig it out and get a picture up later.
So it's just a matter of creating an opening to the slot?

I'm planning on ordering a few parts from him; I'll have to ask if he has any more available.

Offline rotokid

Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 08:44:57 PM
Howdy all,
Unless something has changed in the last month or so (and i have not heard) they do not make them in plus model. I did make 2 dozen sets a couple of years ago but they went out the door as fast as I could make tyhe post. I am not opposed to making another run but unfortunatly I cannot get the raw sacales at this time. The process is not as simple as it seems at first but it is certainly not impossible. One of the fixtures I built to cut scales can be set up to slot them using the cutterhead  but it is a lengthy process so I don't do them one or two at a time. As mentioned in another post non plus scales are slightly thinner then plus scales so you have to be very precise. If your slot is a few thousandths to deep you can start to see a discoloration in the face of the scale. I also found that I needed to rework the head on the pen so that it does not sit as high. After all of that your slot has to be exactly the right depth or the pen will either raise the scale off the pins if it is not deep enough or fall out if it is to deep. I am trying to locate more of a specific file I have that will allow you to do it easier by hand . Hopefully i can find them at a decent price. if I do I will bring them in for my shop. I am not doing a great job of explaining this so maybe I will do a tutorial that will help should you choose to give it a try. That way maybe i can save you the scrap scales I collected in the process of learning a few tricks
Rotokid

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 10:12:55 PM
Wow!  I had no idea it would be so complicated.   :ahhh

Tom, PM inbound... I'd like to place an order for some pin-stock and a few parts layers, and one or two of the T6/T8 cyber tool bits too, if you have them.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%