Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Appreciation for the Explorer 52095

Hero Member Posts: 501
Re: Appreciation for the Explorer
« Reply #870 on: June 18, 2019, 06:05:23 PM »
My Plus scale Explorer
(Image removed from quote.)

Maybe the name "Explorer" invites people to go all out on them? Like a subconscious nudge..

I don't know. I think the older glass magnifier model may need a name change to the Torturer, or perhaps the Masochist.

With a bit of luck, the next old style Explorer I have coming in will be in great condition. I envision it with green plus scales, which I have on order, and being dedicated to outdoor use in my backpack.

I did get in a new style Explorer yesterday, which I'll be equipping with yellow plus scales when they arrive. I've always wanted to carry a bright yellow SAK, so this is finally my chance.  :woohoo:

--
'Buzz
Full Member Posts: 237
« Reply #871 on: Today at 01:51:05 AM »
I really like the toolset on the Explorer.  I find myself using the magnifying glass more and more for the fine print on labels and other stuff.  The inline phillips is also heavily used and better than the phillips on the back or the can opener tip. 

Although I do have to confess the Explorer has not been seeing a lot of carry since I managed to get my hands on a Yeoman.  The width difference just makes the Yeoman a nicer fit for pocket carry. 

I did get in a new style Explorer yesterday, which I'll be equipping with yellow plus scales when they arrive. I've always wanted to carry a bright yellow SAK, so this is finally my chance.  :woohoo:
Not plus scales, but how is this Explorer for a yellow SAK?
Hero Member Posts: 501
« Reply #872 on: Today at 02:36:55 PM »
I really like the toolset on the Explorer.  I find myself using the magnifying glass more and more for the fine print on labels and other stuff.  The inline phillips is also heavily used and better than the phillips on the back or the can opener tip. 

Although I do have to confess the Explorer has not been seeing a lot of carry since I managed to get my hands on a Yeoman.  The width difference just makes the Yeoman a nicer fit for pocket carry. 
 Not plus scales, but how is this Explorer for a yellow SAK?
(Image removed from quote.)

The yellow Explorer looks awesome!!!!

I took the opportunity to pocket the best of my older Explorers today. It's a bit beat up, but still quite serviceable.

--
'Buzz
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,458
« Reply #873 on: Today at 03:11:22 PM »
Nice pic!  The Scout book is definitely appropriate :tu:

Barry
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,760

Nix us

« Reply #874 on: Today at 05:13:04 PM »
...  I find myself using the magnifying glass more and more for the fine print on labels and other stuff.  ...

The primary reason I got myself an Explorer: old man eyes.  ;)
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,458
« Reply #875 on: Today at 05:15:23 PM »
Absolutely!!  It's a pocket friendly Swisschamp!

Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $147.00
PayPal Fees: $9.51
Net Balance: $137.49
Below Goal: $162.51
Site Currency: USD