Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

coast

gb Offline Grumpy

• No Life Club
coast
on: March 17, 2013, 07:18:56 PM
Hi just been on coast torches website! is it my imagination or are they just led lenser rip offs???

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: coast
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:28:04 AM
IIRC they are not rip-offs, but are Leners that have been rebranded.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Swearengen

• Betcha I could go 24hrs without betting...aww crap
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 08:50:26 PM
Coast are good lights.  Had one for a bit and it never let me down.
Pirates, historically speaking, were some of the finest and most dedicated Multitool guys ever.  They commonly cut their limbs off just to take advantage of Multitool capabilities: e.g. Captain Hook, Long John Silver, Pegleg Pete, the list goes on and on...

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 08:09:17 PM
Sorry to be a nay-sayer here, but I'm not impressed with their stuff (or LED Lenser's either for that matter).  Over priced and underpowered for what they are.  For about the same price you can get a much better version of any product of theirs from another company; Zebralight, Spark, Jetbeam, NiteCore, even FourSevens.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 09:19:06 PM
They do seem to be improving...

Never underestimate the power of the fleece

us Offline Swearengen

• Betcha I could go 24hrs without betting...aww crap
Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 08:06:14 PM
Lenser M14 is $82 Amazon.  That's a lot of $.  Nebo Redline SE is only $25 Amazon.

I get 3 Nebos for one Coast Lenser and Nebo is 250 lumens max (on 3 AAAs) with almost all the same features.

Apologies, but it seems quite overpriced to me for the few small advantages you get.  I have 4 Surefire Tac Lights and I just don't see spending over $60 for a flashlight without going all the way for a Surefire.

Coast makes some sexy lights, but for me their value puts them in that no-man's land of "Not quite an indestructible tactical light I'd trust with my life and too expensive an everyday flashlight to buy 5 or 6 (so you always have one handy)".   
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:18:23 PM by Swearengen »
Pirates, historically speaking, were some of the finest and most dedicated Multitool guys ever.  They commonly cut their limbs off just to take advantage of Multitool capabilities: e.g. Captain Hook, Long John Silver, Pegleg Pete, the list goes on and on...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%