Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

S557:Wengers Champ?

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
S557:Wengers Champ?
on: March 11, 2013, 03:25:52 PM
Well my S557 arrived last Friday,had its first work outing on Saturday,and I've got to say I'm very taken with it.

Xelkos has already done a great write-up,and there's nothing much I can add,except to say that it might have been better if the Philips/wrench layer was swapped around with the scissors,and I do wish it didn't have the lock on the blade!...oh and more options on the scales :whistle:

The S557 is a funny little thing though.In terms of tool load its maybe closest to Vics DeluxTinker,but in feel it seems to be Wengers SwissChamp!

I know Wenger has bigger tools,such as the S54,but the S557 really seems to be the flagship,or should that be the swan song of Wenger.

I'm hooked,just a pity that its extinct! :cry:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Re: S557:Wengers Champ?
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 03:31:33 PM
The old Wenger Matterhorn is what to me looks closest to the classic SwissChamp despite the lack of pliers, at least in style.

SakWiki:

http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Matterhorn+Original

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 03:47:34 PM
Toolchest plus is their version of champ, regular scale and no lock. I was going to get rid of mine but looks like I'm keeping it.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 06:38:59 PM
I think that I haven't explained myself properly.Let me try again...

While I know there are bigger Wengers,but in the same way the Victorinox that people aspire to is the SwissChamp,the Wenger that people seem to be aspiring to is the S557 :sak:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%