Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Future of MultiTools

gb Offline Grumpy

• No Life Club
Future of MultiTools
on: May 01, 2013, 11:30:45 PM
I was wondering what the next 10 years, will bring in the Improvments/materials of multitools?? Will we be seeing titanium or carbon fibre tools and body parts? Maybe nano hydraulics on the plier heads to enable super strength?? Blades that never need sharpening? Or maybe a clic-loc system where a Mt maybe combined with other tools? handle extensions for example? Just wondering on others thoughts??

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Re: Future of MultiTools
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 12:07:43 AM
I made a post a while back along similar lines to yours Grumpy.

10yrs from now Eh'  :think:

Plenty of garish colours, EVERYTHING now built in the far east (under license ofcourse).
As for your dream of titanium and carbon fibre..... Hmm  :rofl:  :rofl:
If they can find a way to give us a cheap but authentic titanium or carbon fibre, then yes I suppose it's a possibility - otherwise I predict it will all go the same way as SOG...to the dogs, that is.

And, the real McCoys i.e the genuine multitools from that "made in the USA"  bygone era will fetch a premium.

To think that Schrade, Buck, Gerber, SOG and leatherman to some extent were all once genuine made in the USA tools and now... and now  either gone or going. It's tragic that the multitool (PST) that came about in the early eighties and spawned a whole new market has now all but disappeared within 3 decades. I don't see it ever returning.
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 12:23:35 AM
I have always wondered where the sak's end and mt's start!  They are getting real close in tool setup, etc. so I wondered when Victorinox will stop making ones like the bigger Swisschamps and just make that kind of tool set only available in their MT lineup!

As far as what might be in 10 years, I hope they use better steels on the blades, better scale materials and for god's sake put scissors on the alox sak's as well as the mag glass! LOL

Sorry for the rambling on! :)

ph Offline Goatlord666

• I am the ghost that haunts the GERBER MTo Forum
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 12:27:34 AM
I just hope they don't use ceramic
Cheers,
Gabriel

"you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need"

"I have a confession to make: I am addicted to steel, I have a smoking problem, I have a short attention span and I am easily amused"

"Balisongs Forever!!!"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD