Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

First Battle scar on Vic Huntsman!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Re: First Battle scar on Vic Huntsman!
Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 04:21:53 PM
I think it's more from just playing with knives to honest  :whistle:. I've never actually snapped a Vic blade closed on my fingers - that would HURT  :oops:.

Yeah..the snapping feature feels like a miniature guillotine!

Yeah it does.  I wouldn't want my finger in the way of that snap :o  Most of my cuts have also been from playing with them as GuyWood mentioned.  I think the PSTII cut that I mentioned earlier is the only actual "in use" cut (I could be wrong though :think:) Several of them have actually been caused by testing the sharpness of the various blades on my fingers.  That seems to be the only way I can really tell if they are as sharp as I'd like.  Sometimes I end up finding out they are sharper than I realize when I draw blood ;)

Call me a noob but I'm usually content with trying the blade on my fingernails or a sheet of paper. :) And I'm curious to know - how does one plays with a knife?
I just noticed something funny, the smaller blade on my Vic is much sharper than the large blade. But almost by reflex am I being more careful when opening / closing the large blade because its size intimidates me more than the smaller blade.

Ok, "noob", if you want to go the easy, conventional way, then be that way ::)  Just kidding :D  I don't know exactly how I came to my method of testing sharpness, and I probably should resort to the paper method ;)  I don't exactly cut myself drawing blood all the time, it's more like a surface test I guess.  It doesn't go deep enough to draw blood normally as I just gently run it across the tip area.  If it slices that non-meaty outer layer, then it's sharp enough for me, but if it is barely noticeable, then not quite good enough.  Sometimes I think I just end up putting a tiny bit too much force and if it's sharp enough, draws blood.  I know, it probably sounds like a foolish method, but I don't always have a sheet of paper right handy ;)
K-Tibbs

se Offline new2multitool

Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 04:33:25 PM
I think it's more from just playing with knives to honest  :whistle:. I've never actually snapped a Vic blade closed on my fingers - that would HURT  :oops:.

Yeah it does.  I wouldn't want my finger in the way of that snap :o  Most of my cuts have also been from playing with them as GuyWood mentioned.  I think the PSTII cut that I mentioned earlier is the only actual "in use" cut (I could be wrong though :think:) Several of them have actually been caused by testing the sharpness of the various blades on my fingers.  That seems to be the only way I can really tell if they are as sharp as I'd like.  Sometimes I end up finding out they are sharper than I realize when I draw blood ;)

Call me a noob but I'm usually content with trying the blade on my fingernails or a sheet of paper. :) And I'm curious to know - how does one plays with a knife?
I just noticed something funny, the smaller blade on my Vic is much sharper than the large blade. But almost by reflex am I being more careful when opening / closing the large blade because its size intimidates me more than the smaller blade.

Ok, "noob", if you want to go the easy, conventional way, then be that way ::)  Just kidding :D  I don't know exactly how I came to my method of testing sharpness, and I probably should resort to the paper method ;)  I don't exactly cut myself drawing blood all the time, it's more like a surface test I guess.  It doesn't go deep enough to draw blood normally as I just gently run it across the tip area.  If it slices that non-meaty outer layer, then it's sharp enough for me, but if it is barely noticeable, then not quite good enough.  Sometimes I think I just end up putting a tiny bit too much force and if it's sharp enough, draws blood.  I know, it probably sounds like a foolish method, but I don't always have a sheet of paper right handy ;)

Lol, don't count me out that fast. I might try your method on some calluses! :-D

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #32 on: April 15, 2013, 04:51:04 PM

Lol, don't count me out that fast. I might try your method on some calluses! :-D

That's the spirit, be adventurous :rofl:  It's almost like Russian Roullette as you never know if you may unintentionally reach the meaty layer and draw blood.  But I think you have the better method with using the tougher skin that won't draw blood ;)
K-Tibbs

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD