Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Picked up a used SAK today, never saw one exactly like it before

us Offline 3rdpig

I picked this up out of a used knife box in a local gun shop I visit regularly.  Normally it's filled with Chinese junk, but this time I pulled out this gem.  It was filthy, but for the price I couldn't pass it by.  It cleaned up real nice.  It's got the bail, the clip point small blade and the grooved corkscrew.

I'm posting a picture just so you guys can say "Ho hum, I've got a dozen just like it.".    :pok:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:19:03 AM by 3rdpig »

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Excellent find. Looks to be a very old Spartan. I can see besides what you mentioned also no hole in the awl and the +Pat stamp on the can opener. But: clip point small blade and bail, then no destroyed blades  :drool:

Congrats!

us Offline 3rdpig

When I first saw it in the box I thought it was an old Officers model because of the bail and the clip point blade, but as soon as I opened the can opener I realized it had to be a Spartan of some sort.  I've got another old Spartan but it doesn't have the bail but it does have the grooved corkscrew.  I didn't even know they made a Spartan with the bail and clip point blade.  I guess there must be a hundred mutations of these things over the years as different parts phased in and out.  Still, for less than the cost of a cheap lunch I'm pretty pleased with it.

There's also no place in the scales for a toothpick or tweezers, my other old Spartan has both.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:35:09 AM by 3rdpig »

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
The scales are solid, not hollow as the current ones, and not having the T&T (toothpick and tweezers) should I imagine increase their rigidity a bit so less likely to warp and separate from the liners hopefully.

It's a very nice SAK!

us Offline 3rdpig

Thanks!  It's the only one I've ever had with a clip point blade and a bail.  Gives it a rather unique look compared to all the others.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Nice, that's probably between 40 and 50 years old and in great condition.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
That's a great find. I love those old ones with clip point blade & bail.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

za Offline meanx

Great find,more so in that condition  :drool:
Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Nice older knife model I would call it is a Standard. Same as a Spartan except no inserts and thereby will have solid scales on an old knife such as yours.  :salute: :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%