Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New 4sevens bursting flashlights :D

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
New 4sevens bursting flashlights :D
on: July 12, 2013, 12:43:20 AM
I got this email from 4sevens today. Did anyone else get one or did I somehow end up on their dealer mailing list? :D Hope I don't get :twak: -ed for posting this from them. ;)

http://www.4sevens.com/july_11_2013.html

Pre-release Announcement to Dealers and Distributors Only!

Dear valued Dealers and Distributors,

Please do not release this to the public yet - the announcement in this email is exclusive to Dealers and Distributors for pre-ordering. We will announce it to the public next week.
We are pleased to announce that we have added a new feature associated with the Max setting to a select number of our models - the Burst mode! This means that when switched to Max setting, flashlights with this feature will burst with a massive increase in output for the first 60 seconds and then will ramp down over 30 seconds to 50% of the initial output. These flashlights are now capable of producing incredibly high lumens without affecting their runtimes! The exact amount of increase will depend on the model.
The reduction in output after 60 seconds is to prevent the LED from overheating as well as extending battery life and usable runtime. Furthermore, studies have shown that since the eye perceives light intensity on a logarithmic scale, it actually takes four times the output for the eyes to see double the output. The difference between the full output of the Burst mode and 50% of Burst mode will not be that significant but runtime will more than double.
Higher voltages are needed for the Burst mode - therefore only models that use 6v (two lithium) and 4.2v (large lithium ion cells) will have the Burst mode. It would be possible for alkalines at 3v, but it would be for even shorter periods of time and it will significantly impact runtime. The following models are available with the new Burst mode feature:

• Maelstrom MM-X - Burst mode at 900 lumens
  • Quark QB2L-X - Burst mode at 870 lumens
  • Quark QP2L-X - Burst mode at 780 lumens
  • Quark QT2L-X - Burst mode at 780 lumens

These are available immediately and will ship during this time to Dealers and Distributors only. To reflect this exciting development, these flashlights will have the same refreshed packaging as the Preon PenLights. They will be considered as New Products and will have new SKUs.
We expect these flashlights to be in high demand. Please submit your orders as soon as possible to ensure you get in on the first shipment of these lights!
FOURSEVENS Team

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:45:37 AM by enki_ck »

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: New 4sevens bursting flashlights :D
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:11:55 AM
Got it too, either someone screwed up royally or it's a lame marketing gimmick.

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:26:58 AM
Got it too, either someone screwed up royally or it's a lame marketing gimmick.

Got it as well.  I'm leaning toward the second scenario at this point, although I'll still be interested to learn how the lights perform for real-world owners.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 06:56:11 PM
Lol, somebody got/going to get his ass chewed. I'm inclined to believe it's a real screwup as the actual product pages weren't fully functional yesterday.

New email

Oops. Hello everybody!
Looks like the cat is out of the bag. Yesterday a newsletter that was intended for our dealers and distributors went out to our entire subscription list. In case you somehow missed it: Yes, we have upgraded the circuits on several of our most powerful lights to make them even brighter!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 08:00:27 PM
Yes, I got it to half an hour ago. But is might have been just advertising although I'm not sure that it was a very successful attempt. ;) 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%