Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Good money clips?

us Offline Rs217

• Please send coffee
Good money clips?
on: July 23, 2013, 04:16:54 AM
Hi everyone,

Am looking to go from my old dogged Fossil leather wallet to a money clip. Don't know of any good ones  :think:

A quick browse on Amazon and I saw this http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Swiss-Lambskin-Leather-Crafted/dp/B004M6ZWNS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1KVJCD2EY8EX5&coliid=I6PADC5CWYMP9 But who knows if it's any good? Or if there's better out there?

Anybody know of good money clips? I'll probably carry license, 3 cards, a check, couple bills - that's about it...

Thanks!!!  :tu:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Good money clips?
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 02:52:02 PM
I really like the Slim clip. It will hold 6 cards easy and a nice stack of cash. I have been using mine for years and has never given me any fits.

sent from Ducttapetech's mobile device

uploadfromtaptalk1374583894533.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1374583894533.jpg (Filesize: 87.71 KB)
uploadfromtaptalk1374583921822.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1374583921822.jpg (Filesize: 91.58 KB)
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:36:04 AM
I have a rather nice SAK which can do that job :D

http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Money+Clip+74mm
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

pt Offline RamoN

Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 01:34:23 AM
Im asking this out of curiosity but what are the advantages of a money clip over a wallet? or why would you choose to use a money clip? never seen anybody carry one nor tried one so maybe im missing something i would like.

us Offline Rs217

• Please send coffee
Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 04:03:49 AM
Im asking this out of curiosity but what are the advantages of a money clip over a wallet? or why would you choose to use a money clip? never seen anybody carry one nor tried one so maybe im missing something i would like.

Well money clips are of course less convenient than a wallet, simply because they hold way less - but that's where the advantage comes. My wallet is something like an inch thick from credit cards, business cards, license, insurance cards, etc. etc (and including absolutely no cash whatsoever  :-\ )

But I sat down and divided out exactly what I need and what I don't need and got it down to just a few cards. This way I can use a money clip instead of a wallet and get the bulk down to under a half inch and way less weight - and more room for a bigger MT to go in my pocket!

:sak:

pt Offline RamoN

Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 04:09:14 AM

Well money clips are of course less convenient than a wallet, simply because they hold way less - but that's where the advantage comes. My wallet is something like an inch thick from credit cards, business cards, license, insurance cards, etc. etc (and including absolutely no cash whatsoever  :-\ )

But I sat down and divided out exactly what I need and what I don't need and got it down to just a few cards. This way I can use a money clip instead of a wallet and get the bulk down to under a half inch and way less weight - and more room for a bigger MT to go in my pocket!

That makes sense, thanks. I know what you mean about the oversized wallet full of nonsense, the other day i droped it and everything fell and i scratched my head thinking why did i still kept half the things i carried there  :think:

us Offline Rs217

• Please send coffee
Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 04:16:56 AM

That makes sense, thanks. I know what you mean about the oversized wallet full of nonsense, the other day i droped it and everything fell and i scratched my head thinking why did i still kept half the things i carried there  :think:

And it's never money falling out!  :whistle:

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 06:47:22 AM
I have to admit I don't own one, but if I were going to buy a money clip I think it would be one of these:

http://www.superiortitanium.com/

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $98.12
PayPal Fees: $5.09
Net Balance: $93.03
Below Goal: $206.97
Site Currency: USD