Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Beautiful (Girl) shots

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Beautiful (Girl) shots
on: August 10, 2013, 01:18:23 PM
I accompanied my daughter in a Carly Rae Jepsens concert here using the 70-300mm Nikon Lense. I'm at the upper box section when I took this shots. At 200-250mm, shots seemed ok. But at 300mm, the pictures I took were blurred and grainy. I should've have used a tripod or monopod.

After the concert, I noticed this beautiful young lady. I heard she's 18 .

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Beautiful (Girl) shots
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 01:48:20 PM
I had to look up who that Carly Rae Jepsen was.  Apparently she's Canadian.   :facepalm:

Turns out I have heard some of her music, I just never knew who it was that was singing.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 01:57:06 PM
A nice thing to do with any zoom, is to set the camera on Program, and then slowly move the lens from widest to telephoto while looking at your f-stops. This way, it gives you a sense of where the lens gets slower in relation to your focal length setting...that is if the lens doesn't have a fixed f-stop. Reason why those zooms with a fixed f-stop are so much nicer than those with a variable f-stop...and so much more expensive.

Nice shots.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 02:48:11 PM
When taking pics at full zoom, try not to use the wide open aperture and your pics will be sharper. If you need to use full aperture, try zooming to say 290 instead.

My old Minolta 70-210 "Beer can"  lens is a constant F4, and it does make a big difference while shooting telephoto.

Nice shots btw! We watched her on Canadian Idol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 02:54:52 PM
I had to look up who that Carly Rae Jepsen was.  Apparently she's Canadian.   :facepalm:

Turns out I have heard some of her music, I just never knew who it was that was singing.

Def

According to my daughter, yes boss she's Canadian. Her song, 'call me maybe' is a big hit here.

A nice thing to do with any zoom, is to set the camera on Program, and then slowly move the lens from widest to telephoto while looking at your f-stops. This way, it gives you a sense of where the lens gets slower in relation to your focal length setting...that is if the lens doesn't have a fixed f-stop. Reason why those zooms with a fixed f-stop are so much nicer than those with a variable f-stop...and so much more expensive.

Nice shots.  :salute:

I'll do that, Dan. Thank you. :cheers:

(BTW, the claim card from the local post office arrived and received by my son. I'm so excited, Dan. I'll
get it on Monday.)

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 02:56:48 PM
When taking pics at full zoom, try not to use the wide open aperture and your pics will be sharper. If you need to use full aperture, try zooming to say 290 instead.

My old Minolta 70-210 "Beer can"  lens is a constant F4, and it does make a big difference while shooting telephoto.

Nice shots btw! We watched her on Canadian Idol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the tip, brother! :cheers:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 04:32:40 PM
That is good news. Hope you enjoy it.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 05:50:31 PM
Awesome,   I am learning other expensive things from the forum for my expensive multitool habit.   I want a nice camera,   just cannot justify the cost.   One day,  one day.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

If I can help, let me know 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69