Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Black Ice Spartans

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Black Ice Spartans
on: September 29, 2013, 10:10:15 AM
Proving the motto about a fool and his money being soon parted, I have just dropped 122 euros on a pair of Black Ice Spartans.

Actually I have seen them for more than the 66 I paid for them individually. But for 66 Euros I could buy four of the regular Spartans.

For those who are unaware how lovely this thing looks: (Not my photo - I plundered it from Google.)

Well, one I will use and abuse, because it looks cool. And the other I will put on a shelf and forget about. Hopefully in 6 years it will be worth a million dollars! Yeah, right.

Any thoughts about these limited edition knives? Do they ever go up in value or are they just for suckers?

EDIT: Like an genius I attached the wrong photo. The Spartan is of course the one with the corkscrew and two blades. The other thing appears to be an accessory from my daughters Barbie doll collection...
Victorinox-Black-Ice-photo-3.jpg
* Victorinox-Black-Ice-photo-3.jpg (Filesize: 41.83 KB)
Victorinox-Black-Ice-photo-2.jpg
* Victorinox-Black-Ice-photo-2.jpg (Filesize: 31.45 KB)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:13:14 AM by Thunderpants »

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Black Ice Spartans
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 11:17:10 AM
They look really nice, although I don't get the Black Ice name. Perhaps it's just me but I think they are a bit too expensive for what you're getting.

It will be interesting to see how they hold up
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 11:34:13 AM
They are insanely expensive. And I paid 132 Euros for them, not 122 as I said above...

They do look nice though... rumour has it that less than 2000 of these were made.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 03:10:02 PM
I bought a couple as well (and a Trekker). Way too expensive indeed, and I don't like the camo scales. Nice orange tweezers though and I really like the boxes they came in.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 03:26:55 PM
Wow! That's a lot of money for a box and some tweezers!

I like the camo thing -- at least on photos. Not seen one for real so I may be in for a nasty surprise!

(I don't usually like camo - but on this knife it looks cute. With the orange lanyard.)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%