Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Could someone answer this question for me? (about the LM Blast)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Just wondering if it would be possible to mod a Blast to accept the Removable Pocket Clip, Quick-Release Lanyard Ring that is for the Charge and Wave models. The lock mechanism looks the same but I don't own either of the latter so anyone have any thoughts? :D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
I'm not certain, but this just might work. It wouldn't be easy though.

You would have to disassemble your Blast and remove the folding lanyard ring (in order to make a space for the removable pocket clip to engage) 

Then you would have to put a small spacer in place of the folding lanyard ring you removed. The New Wave and Surge and Charges have this spacer. It keeps the stack of blades snug even though there is a gap for the removable accessories. However the outside diameter of the spacer needs to be just right for the removable stuff to fit onto correctly. (Any ol' flat washer just won't work)

You'd have to either rob this spacer from a Wave or omething, or you'd have to get lucky and find one at the hardware store.

(Hope that all made sense?)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Thanks  alot and yes that all makes sense :D but like you say I would have to find the washer.  You wouldn't happen to know what size of washer to get (outside diameter and inside diameter) At least I now know that I have a chance on making it work :D If I get this to work I might have to ask (someone) about getting some of those sawzall blades  :D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Inside diameter has to just barely fit over a 3/16" Leatherman pivot post.

Outside diameter has to be about 7/32" (.225 or so) in order to have the pocket clip fit over it.

Hey! Maybe forget about the washer idea, it might be hard to find. Better would be a piece of tubing cut or sanded to length. They usually have a wide selection of small brass tubing at most hardware stores.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Thanks I may just have to mosey on down to the hardware sometime in the near future :D I really do appreciate your time  :D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
'snot a problem! Hope it works out.  :)

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
be nice to see you do it Poncho! J-sews really knows his stiff (he's done some really nice mods)
keep us posted!

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
I wish I had the ambition to do a mod. I hope you do it.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
First problem breaking it apart :ahhh I used solder gun to heat it but don't know how long to heat it? Also would it be better to just buy kick clips (for wrenches)? I hope this works :ahhh

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Kick clips are available for $5 each. Be careful not to booger up the knurled screws if you try to just use pliers.

Oh, and remember, one of the knurled screws is male, one is female. The female screw (hollow post?) has flats on it and does not rotate.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%