Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Quick and easy Vic Sheath mod

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Quick and easy Vic Sheath mod
on: October 10, 2013, 02:22:10 AM
I wanted to carry my Vic Spirit and I do not care to slide my belt thru the sheaths loop.  I don't carry my swisstool in the provided sheath either for the same reason.  I got desperate and used a very similar approach as I did with my leatherman sheath.  I had heavy duty snaps and some left over lap top bag shoulder strap from my LM sheath mod and added a zip tie. 

the arrow shows where my belt pulls the sheath upwards and as a result hold it pretty firmly against my side.  its a very down and dirty mod but it worked and was very secure/comfortable all day.  I will adjust here shortly but I couldn't not take this beauty with me today. 
008.JPG
* 008.JPG (Filesize: 132 KB)
009.JPG
* 009.JPG (Filesize: 132.22 KB)
010.JPG
* 010.JPG (Filesize: 114.34 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Quick and easy Vic Sheath mod
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 02:24:28 AM
I wanted to carry my Vic Spirit and I do not care to slide my belt thru the sheaths loop.  I don't carry my swisstool in the provided sheath either for the same reason.  I got desperate and used a very similar approach as I did with my leatherman sheath.  I had heavy duty snaps and some left over lap top bag shoulder strap from my LM sheath mod and added a zip tie. 

the arrow shows where my belt pulls the strap upwards and as a result the sheath downward and hold it pretty firmly against my side.  its a very down and dirty mod but it worked and was very secure/comfortable all day.  I will adjust here shortly but I couldn't not take this beauty with me today.
Esse Quam Videri

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 10:54:46 AM
Excellent low tech mod - Love it.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 11:44:07 AM
Huh, a nice easy mod that makes it much more convenient to carry. :tu: I have webbing I can use, but I'll have to get snaps. Thanks for sharing this!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 05:22:58 PM
thanks,
part of the problem for me is i wear my belt with the buckle on my left side and im left handed so threading my sheath on and off is a huge hindrance.  i was so geeked to bring my sprit with me this is all i could come up with at the time.     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 05:27:04 PM
thanks,
part of the problem for me is i wear my belt with the buckle on my left side and im left handed so threading my sheath on and off is a huge hindrance.  i was so geeked to bring my sprit with me this is all i could come up with at the time.   

all?!?!  , it is genius, cheap, and simple.  cannot ask for better.  now that you have the groundwork, I know if any issues do arise, you can make changes.  great project that is budget friendly .
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 06:05:09 PM
thanks buddy,

it does in fact work and work well.  i like to think of myself as Winston "The Wolf " Wolfe haha i get ish done! it may not be pretty but it always works.

ok edit.  i found an old clip i had and it hit me.................
i could use the bottom of the snap and ream a hole thru the belp loop only and run the snap thru and thru the clip since it had holes then peen the snap and voila.  my peening needs work but it is very secure and best of all now i have a way better sheath MOD.  great thing is if the snap pulls out i can put a new one in its place.   
006.JPG
* 006.JPG (Filesize: 132.1 KB)
002.JPG
* 002.JPG (Filesize: 126.56 KB)
004.JPG
* 004.JPG (Filesize: 135.9 KB)
005.JPG
* 005.JPG (Filesize: 124.96 KB)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:50:07 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds