Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
OUCH!
on: May 12, 2008, 10:48:10 PM

Still raced the next day with two broken ankles :o, I love motorbike racing, it's the stuff of hero's :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Re: OUCH!
Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 03:39:05 AM
Almost as tough as that great Aussie Mick Doohan. I wonder if Pedrosa would have raced I reckon his a bit soft IMHO.

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 08:56:31 AM
Almost as tough as that great Aussie Mick Doohan. I wonder if Pedrosa would have raced I reckon his a bit soft IMHO.
Mick always was one of my hero's (hence my user name) and that guy was enormously tough :o

I dunno pedrossa has raced with a few nasty injuries, but yeah he's not the toughest bloke out there, I think that honour goes to Melandri :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:32:07 PM
Thats vid has been removed now mate, but its the one where he's going round a chicane and the bike chucks Mr Chupa Chops into the air isn't it?

I think you'll find most of them are tough cookies in that sport. And yes Melandri rides with broken bones, nothing stops that guy! :D

Another sport I really like is Speedway (the UK one not the US car one). You'll have probably seen it Mike, and a load of them ride with broken collar bones etc. Does anyone here watch Speedway in the UK, as 99.9% of people I speak to have never heard of it ::)
[

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:23:32 PM
I like it when athletes play through pain and injury. Pro Football here in America used to be like that, and on occasion you'll still hear of an athlete toughing it out. Like Chris Simms

Here's a quote from Wiki

Simms suffered a season-ending injury in Game 3 of the 2006 schedule. On Sunday, September 24, he was taken off the field after taking hard hits from the Carolina Panthers defense. Simms returned to the game and even led a successful scoring drive, but remained in physical distress and was taken to a nearby hospital after the game. Tests revealed a ruptured spleen, and Simms immediately underwent emergency surgery. In the aftermath, Simms said he lost five pints of blood before the operation and conceded that another 45 minutes without treatment could have been fatal.
  I'm not a huge Chris Simms fan but that is tough right there.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 10:08:35 PM
Football here is very very different.  ::)  The players here are quite pathetic TBH.
I'm back!!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 10:36:58 PM
Football here is very very different. The players here are quite pathetic TBH.
They can't be as bad as baseball players.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 11:42:56 PM
Thats vid has been removed now mate, but its the one where he's going round a chicane and the bike chucks Mr Chupa Chops into the air isn't it?

I think you'll find most of them are tough cookies in that sport. And yes Melandri rides with broken bones, nothing stops that guy! :D

Another sport I really like is Speedway (the UK one not the US car one). You'll have probably seen it Mike, and a load of them ride with broken collar bones etc. Does anyone here watch Speedway in the UK, as 99.9% of people I speak to have never heard of it ::)
Yep, even seen it live a couple of times (you have NO idea how load the bikes really are :o

And yes you were right it was the one where Lorezo get's pitched over the high side  :)

And if you think speedways mad have a gander at this...

Just imagine riding a two wheeled chainsaw :o

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 04:09:10 AM

Yep, even seen it live a couple of times (you have NO idea how load the bikes really are :o

And yes you were right it was the one where Lorezo get's pitched over the high side  :)

And if you think speedways mad have a gander at this...

Just imagine riding a two wheeled chainsaw :o
Did the old guy in the video say something about Lager, I rekon they get the riders to drink their body weight in "lager" say their last goodbyes & race.

Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 10:08:12 AM
I'd have to be very drunk to throw my leg over one of those :o, although before my boy was born it would have been a different story :D

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 04:10:40 PM
I'd have to be very drunk to throw my leg over one of those :o, although before my boy was born it would have been a different story :D
Sad yes my GpZ 900 went when Jodie got pregnant. I think it was a wise move but I do miss that feeling you get when you give a bike the berries. Friend at work has a Hybusa , he really loves it. I do enjoy moto GP . One of my favorite bike moments was watching the original Micky D at Phillip Islands going flat nackers into turn one and he lost the front , he  held it up for what seemed like ages & had smoke coming off his Knee slider!! He lost the bike but the way he almost held on defied belief , every other rider would have let go long before their  knee slider melted.

Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 06:24:49 PM
Sad yes my GpZ 900 went when Jodie got pregnant. I think it was a wise move but I do miss that feeling you get when you give a bike the berries. Friend at work has a Hybusa , he really loves it. I do enjoy moto GP . One of my favorite bike moments was watching the original Micky D at Phillip Islands going flat nackers into turn one and he lost the front , he  held it up for what seemed like ages & had smoke coming off his Knee slider!! He lost the bike but the way he almost held on defied belief , every other rider would have let go long before their  knee slider melted.
Mick was somethng special, the way he would absolutley destroy his opponents was just increadable :o

Not to mention the fact the he's still the only rider in history to intentionally slide the front :ahhh, I can still vividly remember everytime I lost the front (for the non bikers, it scares the crap out of you), sod doing it on purpose!

On a side note, I still rate GpZ 900 as one of the best looking (and perfoming) bikes of all time :), those things were gorgeous :drool:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD