Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is SwissBianco slacking?

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Re: Is SwissBianco slacking?
Reply #150 on: March 17, 2014, 02:29:34 PM
No they're not available yet... SwissBianco is slacking.

I'm curious to see how expensive these things will be. Everything with a marlin spike is instantly 3 times more expensive than usual... which is ridiculous. Not like anyone actually lives on a schooner.

The marlin spike is also a sacking needle, useful for farmers ;)

I hear you. I did some little ropework (Still have to get me some of this fancy 'Paracord' everyone is talking about  :whistle: ) and discovered, there are Victorinox with a marlin spike   :drool:
Than I discovered, that these models are retired  :-\
Than I saw some prices on ebay  :(
Than I saw the prices SB wants for his models  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

(Before anyone chimes in: I think I get one of the 111mm Marlin spikes sooner or later, but an Alox user would have been nice)

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #151 on: March 17, 2014, 02:45:57 PM
I can't tell the rest of you what to do but I'm boycotting them. They're too over-priced for a coloured version of something I can buy in black or silver for around $30! Tim just got done telling us they're bad for his business so why are you suckers still buying them? Cut it out!  :rant:
SAW

ch Offline victor7000

• No Life Club
Reply #152 on: March 17, 2014, 10:23:40 PM
I can't tell the rest of you what to do but I'm boycotting them. They're too over-priced for a coloured version of something I can buy in black or silver for around $30! Tim just got done telling us they're bad for his business so why are you suckers still buying them? Cut it out!  :rant:

Where can you buy a silver or black Marlinspike Alox for $30  :think:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:27:01 PM by victor7000 »

us Offline sawman

Reply #153 on: March 18, 2014, 01:08:34 PM

Where can you buy a silver or black Marlinspike Alox for $30  :think:
I had Pioneers in mind but I don't care what the price is, it's unfair practice and I'm not supporting it!
SAW

br Offline edursr

Reply #154 on: March 18, 2014, 05:38:07 PM
This is quite relative... there are a lot of people making good money on limited aloxes that costed a lot less on ebay...

I understand Tim's point of view, but I doubt that if somebody has the luck to get some rare alox or any other rare model for a cheap price in a flea market, that this person is going to sell it cheap, just because It was cheap to buy...  :think:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #155 on: March 18, 2014, 07:09:55 PM
Well I agree its not fair that other Vic dealers cant get special runs anymore but +B can still.  But... its Vic's decision and they can choose to treat dealers unfairly if they want, and give special favors to who they choose.  Sucks but not much can be done. 
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline sawman

Reply #156 on: March 18, 2014, 11:31:12 PM
Well I agree its not fair that other Vic dealers cant get special runs anymore but +B can still.  But... its Vic's decision and they can choose to treat dealers unfairly if they want, and give special favors to who they choose.  Sucks but not much can be done.
So vic is to blame... Hmm.  Well then while I will enjoy the SAKs I currently own, I will not buy anymore of their products until they improve their business practices.  :P
SAW

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #157 on: March 19, 2014, 01:10:14 AM
The selling of backdated blades can quickly go down the slippery slope of scam territory. It only takes one time for someone to pass one of these off as a vintage knife.

I'm pretty sure this has already happened. There was an auction for a "61" dated red alox Soldier in Switzerland a week or so ago that went for big money. My speculation is that is was fake - the "61" stamped on the blade matched the modern typeface of blades made after 1993, not the style around in the early 1960s. Looked like a new blade with a 61 stamp in an old knife and sold for over $600. This sale had nothing to do with +B, BTW. Just a data point on the danger of arbitrary dated blades.

Regarding +B, I see a lot of "overpriced" being thrown around. FWIW, his custom alox runs for me were always cheaper than the 50- and 100- piece runs that were sold by Tim. +B custom alox usually ran $50-$60 each and the limited runs were $80-$100. That's not to say I think either prices were out of line, but the impression I got reading this thread was that +B was always charging more, which I never found to be the case. The knives Alexi sells on eBay are overpriced IMO, and can usually be had directly from +B in the US for $20 less. I just hope that the "reasonable pricing" thing doesn't end now that he's the only outlet for custom alox.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:16:19 AM by jazzbass »

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Reply #158 on: March 23, 2014, 03:01:17 PM
Marine Soldiers eh? Now those...I'll probably have to get. Maybe a couple of the blue ones to use one. The Sea Pioneers are the only LE model I decided to keep, having a bit of an affinity for the Pioneer/Soldier layout.

Hmmm...The rest of the models didn't do it for me, but those might be cool. I wonder what they'll cost. The gold still looks gross though.
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

do Offline Blade runner

Reply #159 on: March 23, 2014, 09:53:04 PM
The news letter is available.
Prices goes from $ 85 (Seaman) thru $125 (First Mates and Castaway).
The bad news is that are only 40 (red)30 (blue and Gold) of each knife. +B is going to sale first to collectors that adquire the entire line of one color(around $700), then in april will be available what is left, and no more than one knife of each model/color for person, due the limitted production.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:26:52 PM by Blade runner »

us Offline sticktodrum

Reply #160 on: March 23, 2014, 10:02:20 PM
Well damn.
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #161 on: March 23, 2014, 11:45:51 PM
He has the Pioneer 2223 listed as a "Marine Soldier". I get what he's going for here, but he clearly didn't consult anyone in the US Army or USMC before picking that name.

us Offline condcup

Reply #162 on: March 24, 2014, 12:00:02 AM
+B could be the boss of these limited runs. He should have some sort of copyright © for his naming SAKs? :think:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #163 on: March 24, 2014, 06:02:24 PM
Sawman is frantically looking for 2100 dollars so he can order ALL of them... :whistle:

Anyone know why the red Midshipman is all red, even the shield?
Or did someone sneeze while applying the alox-juice?

(Fingers crosses the picture from his newsletter shows up)

us Offline sticktodrum

Reply #164 on: March 24, 2014, 06:57:50 PM
I'm debating sending him an email for a full set.... I have the money, but I only need a couple of them for my videos. I already did videos on the rest of those configurations, so I don't have much reason to get them.

do Offline Blade runner

Reply #165 on: March 24, 2014, 07:43:30 PM
I'm debating sending him an email for a full set.... I have the money, but I only need a couple of them for my videos. I already did videos on the rest of those configurations, so I don't have much reason to get them.
Buy it, make your videos, keep one or two in your collection, sell the others on Ebay and will end with two great Saks, and more than 1,000.00 to spend in whatever you want.

br Offline edursr

Reply #166 on: March 24, 2014, 10:18:40 PM
 :drool:
Well, I would love to get some of those, but 700 dollars is too much money for me, I would buy one of each color... :D

I will keep trying the lottery...who knows what might happen tomorrow...  :cheers:

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Reply #167 on: March 24, 2014, 11:50:15 PM

Go for it.
I've gone for a full set of seven in all three colours.  :salute:
Another twenty one alox knives to add to my collection.  >:D

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:53:09 PM by nsa-x-file »

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #168 on: April 01, 2014, 02:49:59 PM
I went for a red-set, but I'm curious also why the sheild is different on the Midshipman I forgot to ask. I'm guessing it is maybe to make it unlike from a previous run. Selling by color is really strange.

us Offline rickinFL

Reply #169 on: April 02, 2014, 01:33:40 AM
Received my updated newsletter.   Seems he is now selling singles.  Of course you could buy a set and flip the six you dont want on ebay for triple the price as well...

do Offline Blade runner

Reply #170 on: April 02, 2014, 03:14:58 AM
How you order from Swissbianco? Unfriendly web page for me ???

us Offline singleshot03

Reply #171 on: April 02, 2014, 03:45:29 AM
Beautiful knives - "soldier Marine" is probably a european thought not an american; still great looking knives.

Offline marduk

Reply #172 on: April 02, 2014, 08:54:35 PM
How you order from Swissbianco? Unfriendly web page for me

Go to swissbianco.com, click on "contact", & email him. Tell him what you want & he will respond wheither the item is still available. He will also tell you his paypal account. the cost of the item, and the cost of shipping.

do Offline Blade runner

Reply #173 on: April 02, 2014, 11:50:16 PM
How you order from Swissbianco? Unfriendly web page for me

Go to swissbianco.com, click on "contact", & email him. Tell him what you want & he will respond wheither the item is still available. He will also tell you his paypal account. the cost of the item, and the cost of shipping.
Thankyou!

us Offline Kid33

Reply #174 on: July 05, 2014, 07:30:14 PM
Hello everyone!  :)

I just wanted to say not everybody has bad experiences with Roger from SwissBianco.  He has helped me quite a bit. 

I made a video about Swiss Bianco Micro Farmers and Ramblers I got from Swiss Bianco.   It's not a very technical video and I did it in one take.  sorry for the mispronunciations and so forth.    By the way how do you say ALOX properly?   :cheers:

A wise man speaks few words

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #175 on: July 06, 2014, 07:00:13 AM
You say it like the second pronunciation in your video. Like this. (A Locks)
I'm the milk man!

mx Offline ebarberena

Reply #176 on: July 22, 2014, 03:26:48 AM
I just bought a couple of Davy's Gray Pioneer (I wouldn't call them Soldier). My first experience with Roger was great.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%