Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A pair of Rescue Knives.

Chako · 23 · 6297

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
A pair of Rescue Knives.
on: January 12, 2014, 12:30:07 AM
I found these at a local store. They told me I got the last two.

I have to laugh at the over the top bling on these...seriously. One even has 911 just in-case you forget who to call during an emergency.  :facepalm:

You get a dedicated glass cutter, a seat belt cuter, and a glass breaker. Standard fare for these type of knives.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: A pair of Rescue Knives.
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:51:38 AM

I have to laugh at the over the top bling on these...seriously. One even has 911 just in-case you forget who to call during an emergency:facepalm:

You get a dedicated glass cutter, a seat belt cuter, and a glass breaker. Standard fare for these type of knives.

That would be more usefull in the UK where the Emergency Nr. is 0118 999 881 999 119 7253 ;)

Honestly the bright colors make them less "suspicious" and therefore more portable. You have that in your car no-one will bat an eye.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 11:58:08 AM
... three....

:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline BlueDot

Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 04:04:28 AM

I dont see the glass cutter?

:think:
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 04:06:18 AM
Interesting knives you got there!  :tu:

I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 01:23:17 PM
The blade is the glass cutter. It is designed to saw through windshields. Anyways, I no longer have these. They are now in Alberta somewhere as gifts to a good friend who incidental is an EMT.

us Offline dipti

Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 06:59:19 AM
These rescue knives seems amazing!!!!!! you can actually do a lot of things from it like using them in hunting or any emergency situation. It may also be used in your kitchen for chopping. And since they are folding knives ...you can easily carry them in your pocket. :)

I hope these will help you to know their importance.
My never ending love for tomahawks

tr Offline nervium

• Turkey National Medical Rescue Team
Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 07:12:13 AM
good design, bad steel.

00 Offline cool123

Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 11:00:29 AM
These rescue knives seems to be tactical folding knives which are perfect to be carried along with you to any camping or hunting trip. They are perfect to be used for nay survival situations and to be my first pick for my Bug Out Bag.
If I need to pick some good EDC tools.
Then I would take my love leatherman multi tool wave and a flash light. Other are just a waste !!!

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 07:21:44 PM
Chako, thanks for the writeup.  I don't know why, but I can't help but to think about bread knife when I see these two.  :D :facepalm:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 10:30:37 PM
I can see how that thought might come to mind. :)

00 Offline cool123

Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 10:42:24 AM

I have to laugh at the over the top bling on these...seriously. One even has 911 just in-case you forget who to call during an emergency.  :facepalm:

Hello Chako,

I am not sure if these knives can be used for everyday outdoors. They look a bit tactical to me.
Then I would take my love leatherman multi tool wave and a flash light. Other are just a waste !!!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 12:06:12 PM
What, you mean there can be no tactical bread cutting?  :D

00 Offline cool123

Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 07:25:56 AM
Recently got a fixed blade Big Kirpan knife which I think can be the best rescue knife.
I know that its the most popular fixed blade knife among all the knife enthusiasts and lovers, that's why I have picked this one from LINK REMOVED
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:00:57 PM by zoidberg »

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 05:00:29 PM
im a technical rescuer at the county volunteer rescue squad and I own one of these... in my opinion the glass breaker and belt cutter are crap but the blade is actually very nice for rescue work
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

00 Offline matty78943

Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 09:44:41 PM

I have to laugh at the over the top bling on these...seriously. One even has 911 just in-case you forget who to call during an emergency:facepalm:

That would be more usefull in the UK where the Emergency Nr. is 0118 999 881 999 119 7253 ;)

thats from the IT crowd! - its just 999

Honestly the bright colors make them less "suspicious" and therefore more portable. You have that in your car no-one will bat an eye.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 08:22:52 PM
All one would really need for rescue if they're already on a rig that's got the equipment on it (most rescue vehicles carry "glass management" tools) would be a good sized sheepsfoot or blunt tip blade knife.  Several good ones can be had for under $25.  The Spyderco Byrd Rescue 2 I carry for farm work cost me $23.

Saw one with "Fire Dept" and the Florian's Cross on it here locally for about five bucks.  I shook my head when I saw it, as I sure hope no firefighter, cop, or EMT/Paramedic buys the thing--I wouldn't count my life to it.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 03:35:20 AM
Recently got a fixed blade Big Kirpan knife which I think can be the best rescue knife.
I know that its the most popular fixed blade knife among all the knife enthusiasts and lovers, that's why I have picked this one from LINK REMOVED
(Image removed from quote.)

Hah- that one just looks like it is only good for rescuing people from their own organs!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 02:44:16 PM

Hah- that one just looks like it is only good for rescuing people from their own organs!

Def

It seems Elvis has left the building  :rofl:

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 01:14:03 PM
I was given one of these by a well meaning friend. I kept it in my bunker gear for a couple of years. We were doing extrication on cars in a junkyard and I decided to try out its functions. The blade really didn't cut well; took several attempts to cut seat belts and seat backs. The glass breake worked well; it went through side and rear window glass and punched nice little holes in windshields for the blade to be used. That was an exercise in futility - couldn't hey a good grip or a long enough cut to be useful. The seatbelt cutter was as useless; the belt wouldn't bind up and never cut straight thorough. At the end of the training the tool was so loose it wouldn't even lock up. It got left in the last car.
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 01:26:30 PM
The emergency number here is 111. There was an American programme that screened here a while back called something like Rescue 911.... they had to include the number 911 on the emergency number so that it went through to the real one as people got brainwashed by the TV...  :facepalm:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 10:18:48 PM
I ended up giving these to a paramedic a while back. She reported they didn't hold up very well on the job.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 09:52:31 AM
The emergency number here is 111. There was an American programme that screened here a while back called something like Rescue 911.... they had to include the number 911 on the emergency number so that it went through to the real one as people got brainwashed by the TV...  :facepalm:
Well, you hear it so often and when an emergency comes up you get stressed out and can't think straight. That is why safety procedures are repeated over and over again, so you do them without even thinking.
Between that and the fact that people are traveling much more I personally believe 911 should be implemented globally.

Btw, in Switzerland it is 117, 111 is disconnected but used to be the information.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD
88%