Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox warranty experiences

Crow · 101 · 16578

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: Victorinox warranty experiences
Reply #60 on: April 09, 2014, 06:45:31 AM
I would think its possible they have it on file of what tool you sent in and what was wrong with it. Technically this means nothing as they could never prove you were sending them back the same tool (without marking it) they sent you back, but its just a thought.
I'm the milk man!

gb Offline Dexter

Reply #61 on: April 09, 2014, 12:58:02 PM
I contacted Victorinox via their website 6 days ago for advice on what to do about my spirit regarding the plier head not being able to cut electrical wire. Still no response.

What do you all think? Should I nag them a second time? 6 days does seem a bit long to get back to me.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #62 on: April 09, 2014, 04:54:34 PM
I contacted Victorinox via their website 6 days ago for advice on what to do about my spirit regarding the plier head not being able to cut electrical wire. Still no response.

What do you all think? Should I nag them a second time? 6 days does seem a bit long to get back to me.....

Yes! Nag Nag Nag.  My roommate did just that after I told her the time it takes for warranty work was long. Once she saw it had been received by Vic NA she called for a status.  Once they gave her a status she called to ask when she could expect a return.  Once they told her when it would ship she called to thank them.  Once it arrives she will more than likely call again to thank them.  Nag Nag Nag.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #63 on: April 09, 2014, 05:59:38 PM

call them. There very easy to deal with over the phone.
Defend the Hive!!!

gb Offline Dexter

Reply #64 on: April 09, 2014, 06:05:54 PM
Not long after my post I had email from them. Posted now so will see how long it will be before I hear news.

Now that I have some details I think phoning them would be better.

Thanks guys!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #65 on: April 10, 2014, 01:55:24 AM
Glad to hear and I forgot to mention each time she called she got the same person  :rofl:. It was a very nice lady who was more than eager to assist.  Great CS from Vic all the way around. 
Esse Quam Videri

Offline RedRamage

Reply #66 on: April 10, 2014, 05:31:09 PM
Anyone ever send back a custom SAK for repair work?  I have a custom that's many years old.  I damaged the combo tool and the awl on it.  I'm sorta curious would they would do with it.

I tend to think they'd probably just return it and say the warranty was voided because it's custom.  Worst case is they would replace it with a similar model though.

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #67 on: April 10, 2014, 05:36:20 PM
Anyone ever send back a custom SAK for repair work?  I have a custom that's many years old.  I damaged the combo tool and the awl on it.  I'm sorta curious would they would do with it.

I tend to think they'd probably just return it and say the warranty was voided because it's custom.  Worst case is they would replace it with a similar model though.

I'm pretty sure that Vic would send it back.

I'd ask one of mto's sak modders to repair it.

I'd do it but sounds like it needs more than my help.

Defend the Hive!!!

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: June 03, 2014, 10:58:02 AM
I have to say that Victorinox warranty in Australia is absolutely fantastic!

I bought a broken black oxide swiss tool for $30 a few months ago at a local market. I thought I'd push my luck and send it in for warranty, just out of curiosity, I didn't believe that they would replace it cos it was really badly beaten up. At most I was expecting them to repair it and sent me the bill...

We'll to my surprise, they sent me a brand new swiss tool with leather sheath, free of charge. I didn't have to pay for postage or anything.

They couldn't repair the one I sent in and said they would be happy to replace it with the stainless version I that is ok with me, as they don't stock black oxide versions in Australia.
Of course that was fine with me, I was getting a brand new swiss tool for $30.

I thought I'd push my luck just a bit further and ask for a swiss tool x instead of the version with the emergency blade....

... And that's exactly what I got!

Thumbs up Victorinox  :tu:
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 308.36 KB)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:06:43 AM by DazMechanical »
darren

au Offline archerwin

Reply #69 on: June 03, 2014, 03:03:23 PM
+1 Victorinox Warranty service here in Australia is top notch!

I sent my first ever swiss knife, a classic given to me by my dad that had a scale damaged and fell off, no tweezers and toothpick. After a few weeks, I got one with new scales and new T&T :)

I've sent them a few knives yesterday and I know I will receive the same great service :)

Offline tap78

Reply #70 on: June 03, 2014, 09:49:38 PM
I've sent my Swisstool with broken pliers to Ibach for a warranty repair, and after a month I got a repaired Swisstool with brand new plierhead, all tools + a kind gift :)

before:

after:

Thank You Victorinox Team! (especially F.Z.) :)

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #71 on: June 04, 2014, 06:57:54 AM
I've sent my Swisstool with broken pliers to Ibach for a warranty repair, and after a month I got a repaired Swisstool with brand new plierhead, all tools + a kind gift :)

before:
(Image removed from quote.)

after:

Thank You Victorinox Team! (especially F.Z.) :)

:dwts: :dwts: :dwts:
What did you do to that pooooor Swisstool?
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #72 on: August 11, 2014, 09:32:51 PM
The waiting is getting harder!!!

In May this year I sent two sak's to Burton McCall who forwarded them onto Victorinox for me.
I was informed that they could take 8 - 10 weeks.

I've now been told that Victorinox have the nerve to actually take holidays & that they may not be returned until the end of August or early September.  :ahhh

Here's the progress so far:

21st May
"We can service both of them, however from the images you have sent, I think both need sending back to Victorinox in Switzerland for repairs (all Wenger knives are Swiss repairs for future reference).
Our repairer will take a look at your knife and repair / replace the parts where necessary, this usually takes approximately 28 days. We carry out minor repairs in-house, for blades that require replacing or sharpening we will send them to Victorinox in Switzerland for further repairs, this takes approximately 8 - 10 weeks."
Kind regards
Gary Bottomley
Customer Services Administrator
Burton McCall Ltd 

Update on 6th June:

"Hi Dave,
Your knifes were received and logged on 28th May and have been sent to Victorinox in Switzerland for repairs.
Kind Regards,"
Gary Bottomley
Burton McCall Ltd 

Reply to progress enquiry received on 5th August:

"Morning Dave

Thank you for your enquiry.
Both knives were returned to Victorinox at the end of May, the turnaround is usually 8-10 weeks, with Victorinox having their annual holidays we anticipate your knives being returned to us at the end of this month/early September.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause to you."

Kind regards
Chris Whitmore
Burton McCall Ltd

It feels as though they've been away for years.  :wait: :wait: :poh: :wait:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #73 on: August 12, 2014, 12:32:51 AM
Could have been worse.

Vic's reply...

>:D
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #74 on: August 12, 2014, 12:36:19 AM
 :tu:  :rofl:

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #75 on: August 12, 2014, 07:38:38 AM
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
darren

Offline playeroflife

Reply #76 on: August 12, 2014, 10:35:01 AM
I live in Ireland and sent my 27 year old champ off for repair via the only company in Ireland. I was given a 10 week time frame for return. Only issue now is I will probably buy another 3 or 4 while waiting.

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #77 on: September 19, 2014, 08:54:29 PM
They're here!
The two knives I sent for repair in May have arrived.

The first one was the 111mm GAK with broken can opener, not only did they replace the broken opener, they also replaced the blade with a new one.
The original blade, with elongated thumb hole had been sharpened in the past & the serrations removed.
The knife i got back has the blade with new rounder thumb hole & is the new style non-serrated one.  :tu:

Original GAK

"Repaired GAK"

The second knife is the Wenger Soldier 1980 with broken screwdriver tip on the can opener, I wasn't sure what to expect with a Wenger being repaired but this is what I received.
The broken can opener has been replaced with a new polished Pioneer type opener & not the original thicker type with machining marks.
The blade which had been seriously sharpened over the years was left as it was apart from being sharpened (again) & polished.

Original Wenger

"Repaired Wenger"

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #78 on: September 19, 2014, 10:27:27 PM
Congrats!!!!  I have Wenger SI to be repaired and I was trying to decide where to send it. Glad to know that Vic fixes the SI's! :tu:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #79 on: September 19, 2014, 10:30:37 PM
Congrats!!!!  I have Wenger SI to be repaired and I was trying to decide where to send it. Glad to know that Vic fixes the SI's! :tu:
+1 good to know  ;)
SAW

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #80 on: September 21, 2014, 11:01:42 AM
Hi guys! I needed their warranty section some years ago. I bought a Pioneer online. In those days I thought it was a Soldier, but I was much younger and not that firm with SAKs in general. It was impossible to open. I mean, really impossible, at leat for me. I needed another tool to open it. That was so strange I thought it must have been a technical defect and I emailed this to Victorinox. They gave me an address here in Germany where I should send the knife in. So I did. About two weeks later I got a phone call from Switzerland. They told me, the knife actually have a very stiff spring and if they should replace it for free. Due to the sentimental value of pocket knives they use to ask before replacement, I got told. They could replace it, because it was useless for me.

Some days later a little package from Switzerland arrived with a handwritten letter. I still keep this letter. I found this so kind and friendly I can hardly tell.

Victorinox are the best to their customers!!! All thumbs up  :tu:  :tu: :tu: :tu:

You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #81 on: November 13, 2014, 06:06:23 PM
Anyone have new experiences of Vic warranty?

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #82 on: May 22, 2015, 09:10:57 PM

I did not use the American Vic warranty but did use the Swiss warranty.
Took about 9 weeks, replaced everything except the handles. And they have paid the 75 Euro shipping.

Excellent :tu:

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #83 on: May 22, 2015, 11:56:05 PM
I sent in my CT34 for a broken small blade a few days ago, I'm sure they will look after me as usual! I'll keep you posted!
darren

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #84 on: May 26, 2015, 08:11:27 AM
I sent in my CT34 for a broken small blade a few days ago, I'm sure they will look after me as usual! I'll keep you posted!

Aparrently Victorinox don't sell the CT34 anymore? I got an email saying they can't supply me a new one so they will send me a Swiss Champ Silver Tech instead. Would be nice to get the same as I sent in but i can't complain. Always good to have an extra Swisschamp!
darren

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #85 on: May 26, 2015, 09:49:54 AM

Aparrently Victorinox don't sell the CT34 anymore? I got an email saying they can't supply me a new one so they will send me a Swiss Champ Silver Tech instead. Would be nice to get the same as I sent in but i can't complain. Always good to have an extra Swisschamp!

Sounds strange. Just because they do not make the CT34 anymore (maybe) I am almost positive they have the small blade needed to replace the broken one. I do not understand why they would need to replace the entire tool.  :think:
I'm the milk man!

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: May 26, 2015, 11:11:17 AM

Sounds strange. Just because they do not make the CT34 anymore (maybe) I am almost positive they have the small blade needed to replace the broken one. I do not understand why they would need to replace the entire tool.  :think:

I think the Aussie warranty department must not have the facilities to repair SAKs. Probably just swap everything for something new. My only other experience with warranty was a Swiss tool that was also replaced with a new one.
darren

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #87 on: May 27, 2015, 05:26:14 AM

I think the Aussie warranty department must not have the facilities to repair SAKs. Probably just swap everything for something new. My only other experience with warranty was a Swiss tool that was also replaced with a new one.

Ah yes. You are most likely correct. I was not really thinking about that.  :facepalm:
I'm the milk man!

Offline nedc

• New User
Reply #88 on: March 16, 2021, 11:30:25 AM
Hello all! I've contacted Vix support via site web form and nearly a week has passed with no response. I wrote to Facebook chat, they replied that wait a little more, but still no answer. Maybe someone knows the contacts of person from their management?

fr Offline guibur

• Guillaume
Reply #89 on: March 16, 2021, 12:06:48 PM
It's rather long for them to answer around 2 weeks sometimes.
My first name : Guillaume + my name Bur***** = guibur

"Soyez grands par les faits, et simples en paroles."

My YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbyvNcXV7KGEfQVgnCcY4Yg

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31