Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Things That Irritate Me!

Wilfried · 222 · 10296

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Re: Things That Irritate Me!
Reply #90 on: February 05, 2014, 09:45:59 AM
I'm pretty laid back so not much gets to me. One thing though that does is the way a lot of drivers seem to think the normal rule of giving way to vehicles coming from the right do not apply at mini roundabouts. It's a free for all  >:(

In Australia the rule on roundabouts is that the vehicle first onto the roundabout has right of way over any not yet on the roundabout - so no giving way to the right rule.  These days most regular intersections have lights, Stop or Give Way signs so we are supposed to obey them (we have to give way from a Stop sign).

I can see the logic there  :tu: I hate the mini roundabouts here, I get fed up with drivers pulling out in front of me. I'll be buying a tank soon, they can do what they like then  >:D :D
Gabba gabba hey!!

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #91 on: February 05, 2014, 10:40:07 AM
I'm convinced the whole sagging pants fad was actually deliberately started by undercover police officers, in order to make it more difficult for gangsters (or wannabe gangsters) to run away from their uniformed brethren... :D

:D

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #92 on: February 05, 2014, 02:00:27 PM
Next time I am in Alsdorf, I have to take a picture of the craziest roundabout I have ever seen. It is like 2 roundabouts, 2 junctions and a train crossing combined into one monster full of markings and way signs...

You guessed right, it irritates me!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #93 on: February 05, 2014, 02:07:30 PM
yes, worse is the really big ones with multiple little ones built in... apparently called "magic roundabouts"

:facepalm: :ahhh :bnghd:

The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #94 on: February 05, 2014, 02:16:22 PM
 :think: let's see, the schools got called off for just being a little nippy out yet we got about five inches of snow over night and it's still blowing in, and I mean BLOWING, poor little kid couldn't walk straight, and they don't even think of doing a delay! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #95 on: February 05, 2014, 02:35:03 PM
yes, worse is the really big ones with multiple little ones built in... apparently called "magic roundabouts"

(Image removed from quote.)

That's making my head spin just looking at it!!  :ahhh

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #96 on: February 05, 2014, 03:14:15 PM

Just imagine, your are peacefully cruising, then you see this:

It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #97 on: February 05, 2014, 03:23:56 PM
Here is something that truly irritates me. The apparent randomness of those prices makes my skin crawl.
I mean why is the Charge w BitKit 170CHF more expensive than without, considering that the BitKit alone costs 40CHF?
And on the other hand the Wave w BitKit and BitExtender is over 50CHF cheaper than the Wave alone. OK, that Wave + BitKit + BitExtender is a good deal.
And why is the Charge w BitKit suddenly more than twice as expensive (and no, its not availability, you can see that from the dots in the top right corner) but without BitKit it got 50CHF cheaper in the same period of time?

P.S. 1 CHF == 1.1 USD
prices13.01.2014.jpg
* prices13.01.2014.jpg (Filesize: 97.88 KB)
prices05.02.2014.jpg
* prices05.02.2014.jpg (Filesize: 125.75 KB)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:26:26 PM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #98 on: February 05, 2014, 03:25:16 PM
 :surrender: Sick and twisted minds at work  :)
Gabba gabba hey!!

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #99 on: February 05, 2014, 03:25:40 PM

Just imagine, your are peacefully cruising, then you see this:

LOL OMG thats awesome! I cant imagine why thats a GOOD idea.

I love roundabouts, we have lots around here now, but its also just single ones and very little traffic on them.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: February 05, 2014, 03:54:57 PM
And, another... I get very irritated by those new smileys  >:(

CTRL + F5 :pok:  We reverted to the old ones yesterday. :P

Glad you did. I did not like the new ones at all. Please do not change them again.

Were all of them restored? I think there still is at least one missing. The one with the bulging eyes, a bit like this but animated:

:D

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #101 on: February 05, 2014, 04:16:28 PM
 :o ?

looks fine to me.

Another thing about roundabouts that bothers me a lot here... it's frequently the case that a single lane road will meet up with a multilane roundabout that has only single lane in and out traffic... potential accident maker imho.

Also, why to people that want to exit the roundabout early go to the inside lane when they should be in the outside lane. I've seen this happen a lot recently where several cars in front and behind me are in the wrong lane to exit the round about. (In this case the round about has traffic lights both inside and around it, it's infuriating as I was under the impression the whole idea of a round about was to get rid of the need for traffic lights!  :facepalm:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #102 on: February 05, 2014, 05:17:44 PM
Wow, I wouldn't even know what to do if I came across that ridiculous Magic Roundabout :o  I don't even see the point/purpose to something like that, but that could be due to my rural life and not being used to any real complicated city type driving...
K-Tibbs

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #103 on: February 05, 2014, 05:26:38 PM
Wow, I wouldn't even know what to do if I came across that ridiculous Magic Roundabout :o  I don't even see the point/purpose to something like that, but that could be due to my rural life and not being used to any real complicated city type driving...

Yes. You better stay away of cities if you possibly can, because many of them have been turned into hellholes over the past few decades!       :rant:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #104 on: February 05, 2014, 05:37:31 PM

Yes. You better stay away of cities if you possibly can, because many of them have been turned into hellholes over the past few decades!       :rant:

That is the plan if possible :tu:  We had to go to Boston last September, and that was not fun.  It was a rather stressful drive for me, but I pulled it off with no incidents.  Still, I prefer to never have to do that again if I can help it. 
K-Tibbs

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #105 on: February 05, 2014, 06:01:09 PM
If I see a sign that says Magic Roundabout I'll be keeping an eye out for the Magic Dragon that lives by the sea...  :ahhh  :D

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #106 on: February 05, 2014, 06:12:50 PM
Got physically reminded of this today...

To anyone complaining about bicycles, when they're driving a car...

Try driving through Amsterdam city center for once, you'll never complain again!  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #107 on: February 05, 2014, 06:50:26 PM
This is the roundabout my fiancé was speaking about.

-----------------------------

I didn't start the fire...

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #108 on: February 05, 2014, 06:51:42 PM
This is the roundabout my fiancé was speaking about.

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
K-Tibbs

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #109 on: February 05, 2014, 06:55:30 PM
We call them traffic circles here in NJ, and there are still a fair number of them still around.  Many more have been removed over the past 10-15 years.  Always fun seeing a car with out-of-state plates going round and round without any hope of getting out of the endless traffic vortex!   :D  The jughandle turn is another fun road quirk that's very common here that other people can't seem to understand.  You go right to make a left turn.  What's so difficult about that?  >:D
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #110 on: February 05, 2014, 07:38:01 PM
For some reason, our province has become obsessed with turning well function intersections into roundabouts.   :facepalm:

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #111 on: February 05, 2014, 11:04:52 PM
Oh yeah, my home town tries to cramp a roundabout in every junction. In T-junctions. So the middle 'island' gets moved to the side so much that you can bypass it in one direction without steering left or right....  :whistle:

And in the opposite direction, you have school buses driving 90° right, 180° left, 90° right and bus drivers trying not to swear in front of the schoolkids  :rant:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #112 on: February 06, 2014, 12:25:19 AM
Not so much irritate, but more like WTF, couple driving their audi Q7 to the dollar store to buy underwear for their little girl. I buy some things from dollar store but there are items that are off limit, underwear is one of them.

You drive a freakin audi Q7, you can certainly afford to drive to walmart next block and buy your kids' underwear there.  ::)

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #113 on: February 06, 2014, 08:39:28 AM

Not so much irritate, but more like WTF, couple driving their audi Q7 to the dollar store to buy underwear for their little girl. I buy some things from dollar store but there are items that are off limit, underwear is one of them.

You drive a freakin audi Q7, you can certainly afford to drive to walmart next block and buy your kids' underwear there.  ::)

Or to a "better" store... Oh, but the Audi is eating all the money! :o

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #114 on: February 06, 2014, 01:03:59 PM
What really gets me through the roof are advertising phone calls!
I just received one, telling me I was now playing lotto for free the past 3 month and they haven't got a layoff of me yet, so I could choose to play for 9 month for 70€ or so OR I can have the minimum of 3 month with payback guarantee and a cancelling included. Me so WTF?? I was not playing and I got no documents!
That person was then telling me, I probably threw away the letter, but they have send me it and I'm playing.
I said no to him and that I want all my info removed and that I won't pay anything to them and suddenly he hung up on me.
They even where so corrupt as to say they where the European lottery! I am so angry right now!!!   

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #115 on: February 06, 2014, 11:59:54 PM
People who sharpen the flat (shiny) sides of their blades.

I love the old knives, but as a collector ideally we all want our purchases of old knives to be as close to NIB condition as possible.
But of course old knives have often been seriously sharpened.
I accept that - and almost like it - as it shows it has been well used - and it's all part of the kinfe's life and rich history.

But why do people sharpen/grind the lovely shiny flat surfaces - There can be no reason for this??  :think:
Or am I wrong???

Here is a really bad example I saw on the Bay recently.
On the small blade you can see they have even ground off part of the back of the blade  :twak: WHY??
Wee Wenger1.jpg
* Wee Wenger1.jpg (Filesize: 22.22 KB)
Wee Wenger2.jpg
* Wee Wenger2.jpg (Filesize: 24.63 KB)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:08:01 AM by Huntsman »

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #116 on: February 07, 2014, 12:15:03 AM
One of the phenomena that annoys me when I visit certain websites -especially forums in my case- is the use of certain words and expressions of which I will give you a few examples:

absolutely / amazing / anyways / Are you serious? / come on board (instead of "join") / Do the math! / free gift / no brainer / seriously / that being said / the thing is / top 10 most . . . / to tell the truth (as if you generally lie) / veggies (I shudder when I hear this word) / wanna (sounds like Swahili to me) / You can't be serious!

:ahhh

We are all guilty of the excessive consumption of filler words and hollow expressions, but what’s wrong with at least trying to express ourselves the best we can in plain English?

Filler words and trivial expressions get a well deserved 8/10 on my irritation scale.       :rant:

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #117 on: February 07, 2014, 12:27:22 AM
I think I use about half of that list, non-ironically. Wow. I don't know if I should put in a smiley or the little crying emoticon.

I hate people who TATTOO profanities on places on their body that you plainly see.

I was standing in line at ALDI. There was a guy in front of me in line with a shaved head, and on the back of his head, he had 'smurf you' tattooed. Only, not 'smurf'.

I believe it should be the legal right of anyone to be allowed to hit a $%#$^%^#$%-hole like that in the back of the head with a brick, just to do the world a favor.

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #118 on: February 07, 2014, 12:35:00 AM
I think I use about half of that list, non-ironically. Wow. I don't know if I should put in a smiley or the little crying emoticon.

I hate people who TATTOO profanities on places on their body that you plainly see.

I was standing in line at ALDI. There was a guy in front of me in line with a shaved head, and on the back of his head, he had 'smurf you' tattooed. Only, not 'smurf'.

I believe it should be the legal right of anyone to be allowed to hit a $%#$^%^#$%-hole like that in the back of the head with a brick, just to do the world a favor.

Go and weep, for you have sinned!       :D

Tattoos?          :o      :rant:

You just provided me with a new idea!          :D

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #119 on: February 07, 2014, 12:57:45 PM
Another small selection of filler words and trivial expressions:

Do the math / Dude   ???   / Going forward / It is what it is / Let me be honest with you / Let's agree to disagree / Listen up, people! / You guys (especially when referring to a group of women) / Reaching out / At this moment in time / Bottom line / Conventional wisdom / Ish (used to convey mild disagreement with another person's opinion) / Proactive / Sustainable / Thinking outside the box

Much to my dismay, this verbal scourge has also been instrumental in degrading the once so beautiful Dutch language.

:rant:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD