Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Things That Irritate Me!

Wilfried · 222 · 10337

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Re: Things That Irritate Me!
Reply #120 on: February 07, 2014, 01:24:45 PM
Dude, let me be honest with you.  At this moment in time, you guys absolutely need to do the math in order to get your free gift.  It really is a no brainer, seriously.  With that being said, conventional wisdom will tell you going forward and reaching out for sustainable fuel is amazing.  The thing is, to most it's the bottom line that stops thinking outside the box. 

You know what they say, it is what it is.  For me, I say let's agree to disagree.  Listen up people, you need to come on board if you wanna be proactive.  Are you serious you might ask?  Some say, you can't be serious.  To tell the truth, the top 10 most irritating things are really nothing more than veggies???  Anyways, this is a paragraph (or 2ish) of horrible nonsense, eh!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #121 on: February 07, 2014, 02:24:54 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #122 on: February 07, 2014, 02:47:21 PM
Dude, let me be honest with you.  At this moment in time, you guys absolutely need to do the math in order to get your free gift.  It really is a no brainer, seriously.  With that being said, conventional wisdom will tell you going forward and reaching out for sustainable fuel is amazing.  The thing is, to most it's the bottom line that stops thinking outside the box. 

You know what they say, it is what it is.  For me, I say let's agree to disagree.  Listen up people, you need to come on board if you wanna be proactive.  Are you serious you might ask?  Some say, you can't be serious.  To tell the truth, the top 10 most irritating things are really nothing more than veggies???  Anyways, this is a paragraph (or 2ish) of horrible nonsense, eh!

:bnghd:       :D

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #123 on: February 07, 2014, 03:10:50 PM
The smell of Ballistol irritates me. I don't know if I love  :angel: or hate  >:D it...

It's not that I can't decide, it's that my brain decides anew every second  ???

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #124 on: February 07, 2014, 03:24:14 PM
Pop culture ( americano-universal), Greek contemporary folk culture, astrologers and their victims, mediums, mysticists, psychics, insurance companies and their employees (most of them), (Note to the mods: is it permitted to mention creationists?), bankers and stock exchangers, crooks, politicians (ALL of them, you must be a sociopath to survive in politics), nationalists, nazis, more nazis, even more nazis, pedophiles, child abusers, child negleters, fashion system, star system, most systems in fact.
Am I banned now?

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #125 on: February 07, 2014, 03:56:33 PM

Oh this is awesome, like totally dude :rofl:
K-Tibbs

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #126 on: February 09, 2014, 08:06:22 PM
I watched the opening of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics on a Dutch television channel.

The female commentator who was supposed to possess the necessary knowledge on Russian history told us with a smug face that Wassily Kandinsky was a composer, while he was in fact a painter and an art theorist.

:o

One of the male commentators on the other hand managed to strike us with his learned opinion that Peter the Great was a ruler belonging to the Middle Ages, while he in fact lived from 1672-1725. It could be argued that Peter the Great dragged Russia out of its backwardness, but that is something different. Moreover the medieval period is almost inextricably linked to the geographical entity we now call "Europe" and lasted from the 5th to the 15th century.

I could easily multiply these two examples by many more and undoubtedly some of you could do that as well.

The point however is that all too many people uncritically absorb this nonsense simply because it was said or being shown on the Magic Box.

“But they said it on television!” Does that sound familiar to you?

:rant:

People who don’t know what they’re talking about but are only pretending to know that they do get an 8/10 on my irritation scale!

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #127 on: February 09, 2014, 11:55:39 PM
Unboxing videos...

Oh this tool/charger/battery kit comes with batteries, and a card with instructions on it, I had no idea, excellent information, what an informative way to spend 5 minutes!  ::)

ca Online Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #128 on: February 10, 2014, 12:48:23 AM
Yesterday I donated my Wii U system with the thought that I would get what I originally wanted but couldn't at the time...a Sony PlayStation 4. Well today was a giant snipe hunt I can tell you. Nobody appears to have a single unit in stock. It gets better. When asked when the next shipment would come in, I was told all around that nobody knows and that I should stop in often to get one if and when they do come in. Um yeah, my time is worth far more than that. At Staples, someone told me that Sony is trying to keep interest up by making them scarce with little micro shipments. I think to myself that can't be right. It is in Sony's best interest to have enough units available otherwise they will lose customers. I am seriously thinking of buying a Microsoft Xbox one as I am tripping over the units everywhere I go. Either the PS4 is that much better than the Xbox One, or Microsoft has the distribution thing nailed down.

What this tells me is that maybe a PS4 isn't in my future if I can't buy one in this village.

To add insult to injury, while at Staples, I found the perfect office chair to replace the one that is slowly falling apart under me. However, when I went to buy one, they couldn't even tell me if they had one in stock as thier "computer system" crashed. Looks like I couldn't spend my money today.  :facepalm:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #129 on: February 10, 2014, 01:48:09 AM
Yesterday I donated my Wii U system with the thought that I would get what I originally wanted but couldn't at the time...a Sony PlayStation 4. Well today was a giant snipe hunt I can tell you. Nobody appears to have a single unit in stock. It gets better. When asked when the next shipment would come in, I was told all around that nobody knows and that I should stop in often to get one if and when they do come in. Um yeah, my time is worth far more than that. At Staples, someone told me that Sony is trying to keep interest up by making them scarce with little micro shipments. I think to myself that can't be right. It is in Sony's best interest to have enough units available otherwise they will lose customers. I am seriously thinking of buying a Microsoft Xbox one as I am tripping over the units everywhere I go. Either the PS4 is that much better than the Xbox One, or Microsoft has the distribution thing nailed down.

What this tells me is that maybe a PS4 isn't in my future if I can't buy one in this village.

To add insult to injury, while at Staples, I found the perfect office chair to replace the one that is slowly falling apart under me. However, when I went to buy one, they couldn't even tell me if they had one in stock as thier "computer system" crashed. Looks like I couldn't spend my money today.  :facepalm:
Dang that sucks, I've been in your position a few times, I think something is trying to tell you something without doing so, I got rid of my wii awhile ago all so the kids could have the xbox 360 that they wanted, in which I got off of here believe it or not, of course the kids want to get rid of this and want the newest thing once it hits the market, but I told them I'm not getting rid of it since I just put xxx of $$ into it all so you can get the newest unit and like what like one game? So then they say, so keep it and just buy the new unit :twak: JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #130 on: February 10, 2014, 12:51:42 PM
Microsoft and Sony both irritate me!  They both release systems just before the Holidays and at stupid high prices just to suck all the parents in that have kids that "HAVE TO" have the latest and greatest (they also irritate me!!).  Also, they have these great systems, but they are not backwards compatible! 

I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 and will not be upgrading to those for quite awhile.  If they would play the games that I already own, then I can guarantee you that I would upgrade much sooner, but I'm not going to keep both versions of the systems hooked up so I can play my old games.

We also have a Wii U and a Wii, and guess what??  The Wii U plays the Wii games!  For us, that's great!  We don't have to keep the Wii hooked up, but also don't have to buy the kids new games.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #131 on: February 10, 2014, 01:28:18 PM
I like rocks......

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #132 on: May 19, 2014, 07:06:03 PM
I was looking for another thread and stumbled upon this.

I truly wonder where Wilfried is and hope he is doing well.  :salute:

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #133 on: May 19, 2014, 07:43:45 PM

Every now and then i wonder same thing. He was here for what, two or three months, and made quite amount of post. Nice guy he is.

Maybe we should make thread about "What happened to" person....

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #134 on: May 19, 2014, 08:14:04 PM
Today's irritation: at least 20min of being on hold/listening to spiel to cancel/not renew my old car insurance. Probably raped me for premium line rates while they're at it. Scum. They could not even come close to my other offers...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #135 on: May 19, 2014, 09:04:00 PM

Every now and then i wonder same thing. He was here for what, two or three months, and made quite amount of post. Nice guy he is.

Great idea for a topic  :tu:.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #136 on: May 19, 2014, 09:34:39 PM
omg, omg, what a lovely topic, how could I miss it!!!

:D

Ok, I'll read all the posts before me in a second, but I absolutely agree with everything said on the first page, LOL.

So, a "few" things that irritate me:

- When I'm detained
- When someone's late for something
- When someone makes me wait
- When two people (with umbrellas) stop right in the middle of the sidewalk and have a nice long chat so that everyone has to go rooooooooUnnnd them
- When all the freakin cars in the city are parked ON the sidewalks and it's like: cars on the sidewalks, pedestrians on the lanes
- People not getting what I'm telling them from the first time (not sure whose fault this is :D)
- Slow people (I mean, moving and/or talking slowly)

One would say I have patience issues. No way. :D

gb Offline Philby

Reply #137 on: May 19, 2014, 09:38:47 PM

Great idea for a topic  :tu:.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=52298.new#new

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #138 on: May 19, 2014, 09:56:23 PM
Ah, forgot. Something that can really drive me round the bend is.... installing some new software or registering somewhere:

Fill in all the required fields:

- Sorry, an account with this log in already eixts
- secondary e-mail
- Sorry, there is a registered account with this e-mail already
- password
- retype password
- safety question
- are you sure? Type it again
- type the code (you can't make it out? I don't care)
- type the code again (is it worse than the first one? Don't care, keep guessing the damn entangled digits & numbers)
- this account already exist, log in or sign up with another account
- wrong e-mail address or password
- male or female?
- date and place of birth
- retype it again
- what did you have for lunch
- Set your local date & time
- type in your phone number
- server failure, sorry try again in a few minutes ......

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #139 on: May 19, 2014, 10:50:41 PM
One thing that really irritates me.....  Jeeps with big rims and low profile tires!!!  :rant:

Sent from my CM6870 using Tapatalk

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #140 on: May 20, 2014, 10:58:28 AM
One thing that really irritates me.....  Jeeps with big rims and low profile tires!!!  :rant:

I feel you, but why stop there. Any off-road vehicles that are only used to drive in the city.

Oh and Plug-In Hybrids.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #141 on: May 20, 2014, 11:03:47 AM
 :rant: :rant: :rant:

Thing that's REALLY irritating me right now: The printer at work that just keeps failing, while we need it for a big order  :poh:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #142 on: May 20, 2014, 11:07:33 AM
Speaking of work, I'm iirrrritated when the boss delays my salary  :twak:

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #143 on: May 20, 2014, 12:29:50 PM

I feel you, but why stop there. Any off-road vehicles that are only used to drive in the city.

Oh and Plug-In Hybrids.
So very true!!

:rant: :rant: :rant:

Thing that's REALLY irritating me right now: The printer at work that just keeps failing, while we need it for a big order  :poh:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
Our main printer/scanner has been down for three days now.  It's a major pain in the ass, as now we have to go to a different part of the hangar to scan our documents, and get our print outs.  :rant:

ca Online Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #144 on: May 20, 2014, 12:43:32 PM
Speaking of software. Anyone remember those old security disk that you had to twist and turn to align the symbols correctly in order to pass a point in the game...to prevent pirating.

Those were very annoying. These days, copy protection can be more annoying to the end user. I can remember some copy protection systems that would prevent people from installing the game from disc. That was very effective.

And we all wonder why the gaming industry is in such a poor state.  :facepalm:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #145 on: May 20, 2014, 05:00:05 PM
Electric or Hybrid cars hauling arse down the highway.  I thought these folks got these vehicles to save on fuel?
Esse Quam Videri

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #146 on: May 20, 2014, 07:46:37 PM
Speaking of work, I'm iirrrritated when the boss delays my salary  :twak:

I'm always irritated by my boss ...  ::)

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #147 on: May 20, 2014, 07:47:19 PM

If you drove in St. Louis City, you'd understand the NEED for offroad vehicles.

They apparently believe that the words 'Pothole' and 'Crater' have the same definition.  :rofl:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #148 on: May 20, 2014, 08:40:00 PM

They apparently believe that the words 'Pothole' and 'Crater' have the same definition.  :rofl:

:D Sounds like NJ as well. 

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #149 on: May 20, 2014, 11:06:41 PM

:D Sounds like NJ as well. 

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
And Ohio. Must be a US thing.

live from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30