Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help convert me to SAK... Please!!!!!

MGill · 73 · 5118

us Offline MGill

Re: Help convert me to SAK... Please!!!!!
Reply #60 on: May 25, 2014, 02:36:14 AM
It didn't take long at all to achieve a near perfect edge on the main blade. After just two days of carrying this thing I have to say its one of my favourites already. The craftsmanship is amazing. As far is cellidor is concerned, it's going to have to grow on me. The whole reason I've been so attracted to SAKs lately is because of the beauty and shear elegance of the Alox lineup. Cellidor while practical, to me just lacks that wow factor that caught my eye in the first place. I'm sure that as my addiction worsens I will venture into that market. But as of now I've still got plenty of Alox to keep me busy.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #61 on: May 25, 2014, 02:37:39 AM
It didn't take long at all to achieve a near perfect edge on the main blade. After just two days of carrying this thing I have to say its one of my favourites already. The craftsmanship is amazing. As far is cellidor is concerned, it's going to have to grow on me. The whole reason I've been so attracted to SAKs lately is because of the beauty and shear elegance of the Alox lineup. Cellidor while practical, to me just lacks that wow factor that caught my eye in the first place. I'm sure that as my addiction worsens I will venture into that market. But as of now I've still got plenty of Alox to keep me busy.:)

:rofl:  Keep telling yourself that.........
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #62 on: May 25, 2014, 03:18:05 AM

The alox line definitely has that elegant appeal to it and its great to hear how you can appreciate that.  :tu:

I can see you getting some cellidor models to get the tools the alox line lacks such as scissors.

As much as you love your Cadet once you get your hands on the 93mm line I think you will be even more impressed.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MGill

Reply #63 on: May 25, 2014, 03:36:27 AM

Hahaha I just saw what I assume to be a black scaled cyber tool that ducttapetech posted in the "show us your edc gear" thread. I must have one now. You guys are a bunch of jerks. Just when I develope a nice philosophy on SAKs... You go and ruin it. :D My wife is going to hate y'all. Hahaha!!!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #64 on: May 25, 2014, 04:43:37 AM

Hahaha I just saw what I assume to be a black scaled cyber tool that ducttapetech posted in the "show us your edc gear" thread. I must have one now. You guys are a bunch of jerks. Just when I develope a nice philosophy on SAKs... You go and ruin it. :D My wife is going to hate y'all. Hahaha!!!

Your wife would not be the first that despises MTO.  :D Wait until she starts saying "why do you need more than one of those things."  >:D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #65 on: May 25, 2014, 05:00:21 AM

Your wife would not be the first that despises MTO.  :D Wait until she starts saying "why do you need more than one of those things."  >:D

Or knows us by forum name.
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #66 on: May 25, 2014, 11:06:42 AM

Your wife would not be the first that despises MTO.  :D Wait until she starts saying "why do you need more than one of those things?>:D

and then you start trying to explain about having a "User" and a "Keeper" and get halfway through and realise you need a third one as a "Backup"...  :facepalm:

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #67 on: May 26, 2014, 12:14:28 AM
It didn't take long at all to achieve a near perfect edge on the main blade. After just two days of carrying this thing I have to say its one of my favourites already.

You're welcome. :)

So now, you're asking yourself two questions. 1, what to get next, and 2, why did you wait this long? Right?
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline MGill

Reply #68 on: May 26, 2014, 06:37:58 AM

It didn't take long at all to achieve a near perfect edge on the main blade. After just two days of carrying this thing I have to say its one of my favourites already.

So now, you're asking yourself two questions. 1, what to get next, and 2, why did you wait this long? Right?

You are exactly right. My nickname for as long as I can remember has been "Tinker" or "Tink" as I've gotten older. I have been well known for my love of gadgets and my uncanny tinkering skills. There's not too much that I can't fix, or well at least make it operational. After all of that, I just can't believe I don't have a draw full of SAKs laying around. I believe it's due to the fact that I got my hands on a crappy knock off when I was a kid. In my mind all SAKs were junk. That and the fact that red cellidor doesn't particularly "blow my skirt up."

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #69 on: May 26, 2014, 06:40:59 AM

You are exactly right. My nickname for as long as I can remember has been "Tinker" or "Tink" as I've gotten older. I have been well known for my love of gadgets and my uncanny tinkering skills. There's not too much that I can't fix, or well at least make it operational. After all of that, I just can't believe I don't have a draw full of SAKs laying around. I believe it's due to the fact that I got my hands on a crappy knock off when I was a kid. In my mind all SAKs were junk. That and the fact that red cellidor doesn't particularly "blow my skirt up."

That sentence right there proves my point in the "do knockoffs help or hurt" thread. This is exactly what I mentioned. People get there hands on a knockoff and it ruins the experience for the user making them think all SAK's MT's are junk.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MGill

Reply #70 on: May 26, 2014, 06:44:47 AM
I agree I missed out on SAKs for 20 years.

nz Offline RimfireNZ

Reply #71 on: May 26, 2014, 06:47:09 AM
I'd highly recommend a cybertool 41 if you've got a bit of spare dosh lying around. I can't use a SAK for primary EDC as I require pliers (real ones, not the little things Victorinox stick on some of their models) far too often, but my CT41 rides along in my backpack. It's nice knowing if I need a needle, toothpick, pen, proper scissors... all the little things, that they're there if you need them.

Oh and the super tinker is a perfectly sized and weighted little SAK with the bare essentials for EDC on it. I love mine.

Oh and the Explorer if you need an inline phillips.

This is an illness :P

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: May 27, 2014, 12:27:21 AM
This is not just about wet feet, now you fall in :D
and you're up to your neck in it ... point of no return :facepalm:
but you'll swim happily ever after :whistle:
Welcome aboard  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99