Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Question about the colored MicroToolClip.

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Question about the colored MicroToolClip.
on: June 15, 2008, 09:56:21 PM
I recently traded for one of these over at EDCforums and after receiving it and doing a little research (one of the best parts of discontinued tool collecting for me) I checked the Wiki and saw that different colors were offered. Questions about the colors:

Where they offered from the onset or released over the life of the tool?

Are there any colors that are more rare than the others? I have a feeling that all the colors are fairly rare but was curious if one is especially so.

Overall I like the tool. It's a neat form factor that could be made useful than originally designed.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Question about the colored MicroToolClip.
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:01:54 AM
I'm afraid I don't know much more than what is on the Wiki Spoon. :( It wasn't until after the Micro ToolClip was discontinued that I was even aware they made it in colors other than black.

As regards rarity, there seems to be five or ten black ones for every colored one, with green perhaps turning up less frequently than the others. Not a very scientific measurement, I know. :(

On a related note, here is a couple scans of a SOG brochure from the mid-1990's. Notice that they show all four colors:

Ironically (or not) these appear to be the same four colors that the Auto Clip knife was produced in, shown elsewhere in the same brochure:

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Re: Question about the colored MicroToolClip.
Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 03:26:57 AM
Thanks for the input! I figured knowledge was kind of sparse on these but no harm in asking. I don't look for these for sale with any regularity so I don't know their prevalence on the second-hand market and wasn't aware of the colors 'til seeing the Wiki.

And thanks for the scans. Being that so many of my tools are second hand without the packaging and literature it's nice to be able to print out the manuals from the Wiki and put it into my collection.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%