Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[CLOSED] Your Favorite Leatherman? - 8th Anniversary Giveaway

enki_ck · 136 · 8365

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
My favorite is the Charge. I have the xti. I also have the tti in both the cars. The mini comes second. It's so cute and little

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I would have to say that my favorite LM is the original Supertool  :tu: I have several of them even a couple BNIB :D I guess I got my first one way back in 2008 :o I currently carry a Rebar for my work EDC and I only carry it because it is just a small version of the Supertool :tu: The Supertool has a near indestructible design that I like and if I am looking for a tough dependable MT it is the one that I go for :cheers: Thank you LM for the generous giveaway and MT.O for the chance at it :multi:

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
My fav Leatherman is my new Wave followed by my original Wave. They got it right and then made it better.

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
My favorite Leatherman is Skeletool, older version with PE blade.
I carry it in my jeans pocket and due to it's shape I almost forget that I have it.
It's big enough for edc, and also lightweight for my pocket carry.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Ok, I forgot to say why I love the Charge, but then you can't explain love can you :D

I love the outside tools, the comfortable grip and the overall design. Its so pretty.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

dk Offline Freaver

• Haven't smoked since 17/05-14 7.10 PM - 28/03-16
Please excuse me, while I go bash my head in, for living in a country where the OHT is illegal, due to one-hand opening blades.  :rant: :rant:

I'm glad it's only once a month MTo hosts this many giveaways, otherwise I'd be forced to leave the country...

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Please excuse me, while I go bash my head in, for living in a country where the OHT is illegal, due to one-hand opening blades.  :rant: :rant:

I'm glad it's only once a month MTo hosts this many giveaways, otherwise I'd be forced to leave the country...

Nar man, join in the fun.  :pok:  If you win we'll mod or trade it for you.  :tu:

dk Offline Freaver

Nar man, join in the fun.  :pok:  If you win we'll mod or trade it for you.  :tu:

You're tempting a weak soul.  :ahhh
Although I can't really see how this one could be modded, to comply with Danish law. The locking blades isn't a problem, as this would be legal for work, but as far as I can tell, all 4 blades would have to be replaced, in order for it to be legal. And even then, it might problably be considered one-hand opening, as I suspect the tension on the blades isn't as high as it would be on a two-handed blade.

Trade however, is a viable option... For now, I'll leave this to those of you who can actually legally own this and consider if I should join in or not. ;)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
LM Micra.
Small, strong,clever, discreet. (you know what it looks like..)

I have been using them for 3-4 years and the Micra is the reason I found MTO.

The best tools are the ones you have on you at the time and the Micra is pretty good for that. It has been on sale for years for a reason.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
I'd like to amend my answer...

You see the Style CS also deserves a mention as I do in fact use it even more than the Rebar. I got this one from a good friend here on MTO. :cheers:

SAW

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
The Style PS - great for keyring EDC carry.

Offline ioch

Leatherman Crunch.

When you need locking pliers nothing else will do.

Offline maximus0723

Hail Micra!!!

All time great. So reliable, so light, just so purfect. 
One of the best if not the best scissors. Helps me clips my nails every 2wks (I hate long nailsssss). Has impressed folks with it's versatility and saving the day with bottle opener.

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
My favorite is the BO Wave with pocket clip. Had it a few years and can't live without it.

-AdmSlc

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
The flagship. Charge TTi. Can't go out without it!  :tu:

au Offline archerwin

I have the venerable micra in my drawer always.  it's a tool packed with goodness! The scissors are sized right, and the main blade is just big enough to slice open carton boxes without folding! :)  they just need to replace the tweezer with something more useful :)

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
I've been loving my Wave lately, but that's not my favorite.

I have to say that the Micra is my favorite. I'm partial to any tool that I have on me as often as possible, and keychain size tools win the 'always along for the ride' category.

The Micra and SOG Crosscut have battled over the last 3 years for their place in my EDC. Currently, Micra's have a better build quality.

In recent months a few kind MTO members have been funneling Micras my way, and I have been giving them to folks I meet, as a way to get people into Multitools, or at least have a tool on them. I think I've literally had ten of them come and go in recent months. I keep one with me specifically as a give-away.

I'm a big fan of the all-stainless tools, and while the older, inside folding tool design doesn't make for fastest deployment, it does allow the best use of space. When grams and millimeters mater, this seems to be the best design.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Hmm , that a tough one!

I guess mine would have to be the Fuse just for the simplicity of the MT.  It has what I need but not over loaded with tools I dont use daily.   I also like the Charge AL but that is more for backpack carry than daily carry!

Thx for the chance!   :)

Offline firefightingjosh

Gotta say the wave(especially my modded one). Tried just about ever model out there, but the wave feels right. Had a wave for 10+ years.

Josh

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
I've been loving my Wave lately, but that's not my favorite.

I have to say that the Micra is my favorite. I'm partial to any tool that I have on me as often as possible, and keychain size tools win the 'always along for the ride' category.

The Micra and SOG Crosscut have battled over the last 3 years for their place in my EDC. Currently, Micra's have a better build quality.

In recent months a few kind MTO members have been funneling Micras my way, and I have been giving them to folks I meet, as a way to get people into Multitools, or at least have a tool on them. I think I've literally had ten of them come and go in recent months. I keep one with me specifically as a give-away.

I'm a big fan of the all-stainless tools, and while the older, inside folding tool design doesn't make for fastest deployment, it does allow the best use of space. When grams and millimeters mater, this seems to be the best design.

thanks for spreading the virus MT love, Lynn. :salute: the more people with a MT on them, the better, IMO.

dk Offline Freaver

Arh, smurf it, I'm in...
My favourite Leatherman at the moment is my Squirt P4. It's always on me at work and almost everyday, I need at least one thing on it. The one I want the most, however... Gotta be the Surge or OHT, due to the outside tools - I really hate, literally hate, the idea of having to open a MT to get to the knifeblade.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

Arh, smurf it, I'm in...
My favourite Leatherman at the moment is my Squirt P4. It's always on me at work and almost everyday, I need at least one thing on it. The one I want the most, however... Gotta be the Surge or OHT, due to the outside tools - I really hate, literally hate, the idea of having to open a MT to get to the knifeblade.

Good man.  :tu:

I carry and use the Rebar and ST3 with the pliers open giving quick access to all the tools. Beats fishing with the Surge.

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.

Arh, smurf it, I'm in...

Good man.  :tu:

I carry and use the Rebar and ST3 with the pliers open giving quick access to all the tools. Beats fishing with the Surge.
Good idea :tu:
SAW

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
My Original Super Tool. Rode many a mile with me since I received it on my birthday back in 1999! Had a custom sheath made for it in 2001. Besides all the numerous uses/repairs, it's put together a zillion birthday/Christmas presents for my grandkids! (well, it seems like a zillion anyway...) :D

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
mine is STILL the Charge TTi,

but I changed my TTi

warranty is out the window, BUT....

the anodized scales look great!!!   (the camera does not do them justice)   :facepalm:

If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
mine is STILL the Charge TTi,

but I changed my TTi

warranty is out the window, BUT....

the anodized scales look great!!!   (the camera does not do them justice)   :facepalm:

Are they a blue-ish tint or something similar?  Same with me on the warranty with my ReCharge TTi, but I don't see myself doing any damage considering my normal usage.  Although I did break the large driver on my original TTi, but I shouldn't have been using it the way I did, and I learned my lesson :angel:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:37:41 AM by Monrogue »
K-Tibbs

us Offline detron

bluish purple?  they look great in person

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!

Now that you point it out, I can see a purplish tint in the rough area of the scales.  I'm sure seeing them in person would allow me to see what you're talking about....so, you know....I'll PM you my address >:D
K-Tibbs

us Offline detron

Now that you point it out, I can see a purplish tint in the rough area of the scales.  I'm sure seeing them in person would allow me to see what you're talking about....so, you know....I'll PM you my address >:D

I will just use the return address you write on the package with your Re-Charge in it! 

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!

I will just use the return address you write on the package with your Re-Charge in it!

Lol :duel:
K-Tibbs

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69