Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Advice about tactical pistol shooting

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Advice about tactical pistol shooting
on: August 08, 2014, 10:24:57 AM
So,here's the thing: Both of the gun clubs I'm involved with are looking at starting some form of Tactical Pistol comps using co2 replica pistols.

I've taken the plunge and bought a blowback Gamo PT-85, tactical rails for it,along with a TV style red dot sight,to go with my Non blowback Umarex CP88.

Given that any pistol shooting I've done has been with 10m pistols,what advice can you offer me on gun set up,where to place the sight etc,and on the actual techniques of tactical shooting?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Re: Advice about tactical pistol shooting
Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:25:46 PM
Sorry to say, I am of no help here. I've done exactly zero tactical shooting, but figured I'd join the thread to hear what others might say.

Here's wishing you luck on finding someone here in the know. :salute:

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 04:08:02 AM
Hmm, you mean the same as IPSC?

I used to belong to a pistol club here and shot IPSC (among other matches) but that was with centrefire pistols.  I had a two-tone Colt 1911 Series 70 Govt Model in 45ACP (what else?) and absolutely LOVED the old "Run and Gun" style of shooting.

I wish that air/CO2 pistols weren't classed the same as "real" firearms so I could get into a cheaper and less over-regulated version.

Even AirSoft are effectively banned here. and that looks fun.

http://youtu.be/TTuy37FIDd0?list=UU968ZWwtGm9FYFlbHw7GJQg
asset0050.JPG
* asset0050.JPG (Filesize: 110.52 KB)

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 02:29:11 PM
There are many publications on the market at the moment which could teach you the basics.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tactical-Pistol-Shooting-Tactics-Techniques/dp/1440204365
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tactical-Pistol-Marksmanship-Improve-Shooting/dp/1581602782

Unfortunately, my only experience was in the Army many many years ago (1980's)  :ahhh, I'll not be much help with modern styles & techniques. for example we never used scopes or magical laser devices.
To show how long ago it was, the issued weapon was the 9mm Browning Hi-Power. Used to love it, I could never get used to the newer Sigs & Glocks which were appearing.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 07:40:12 PM
@ PTRSAK: cheers Peter,yes,AFASIK the idea is based on,if not carbon copied from the IPSC :tu: We're quite lucky with the airsoft/BB/co2trainers in the UK

@daverobson: thanks for the links,they're now on my wish list. The HiPower is still a classic,up there with the 1911
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 12:45:06 AM
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD
88%