Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Olight i3S $16.99 WORLDWIDE

dks · 26 · 691

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Olight i3S $16.99 WORLDWIDE
on: September 19, 2014, 12:10:11 PM
http://www.[url=http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,55947.0.html]SPAMCORP.com/gadget-deals.html#deals_174[/url]

Coupon Code: GB13S

Lowest price I have seen lately.

The seller is reasonably reliable.

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Re: Olight i3S $16.99 WORLDWIDE
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:23:59 PM
Did they just say.. free shipping worldwide on all items... ow my gods... why do I have to be so broke... so these are genuine Ultrafire, Nitecore, Olight etc.?

I'm a complete newbie at flashlights (only have a LedLenser K2L and some chinese junk... now there is so much shinies to choose from).
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 12:34:09 PM
Did they just say.. free shipping worldwide on all items... ow my gods... why do I have to be so broke... so these are genuine Ultrafire, Nitecore, Olight etc.?

I'm a complete newbie at flashlights (only have a LedLenser K2L and some chinese junk... now there is so much shinies to choose from).

These are genuine Olight. These sites generally sell genuine Fenix, olight, Jetbeam etc. as these are made in China anyway. (I posted a list of various sites with some comments in a thread.. search "chinese sites" or something similar)

The regular price is about the normal price you can buy it. The nice thing is that the discount is the same for all colours, so you do not have to get something you do not like.

I went for a purple one.

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 02:07:25 PM
So… how is the coupon working? One product per account?

We may make a few orders. My friends are excited too (prices here are far greater for absolute junk).

I want something as bright as possible, resilient, smallish and easy to carry, reasonably cheap with affordable, easy to find batteries (AA or AAA).
I was looking on the Olight and Ultrafire ranges 500-1000 lumens and above

Any suggestions?

PS: If it looks sexy and tacticool it would be an added bonus.
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 02:12:53 PM
So… how is the coupon working? One product per account?

We may make a few orders. My friends are excited too (prices here are far greater for absolute junk).

I want something as bright as possible, resilient, smallish and easy to carry, reasonably cheap with affordable, easy to find batteries (AA or AAA).
I was looking on the Olight and Ultrafire ranges 500-1000 lumens and above

Any suggestions?

PS: If it looks sexy and tacticool it would be an added bonus.

the coupons I think are per item, one order per account (you can not buy more than 1 for each account)
Just make many accounts ...

Have a look in the review section where I have some comments on cheap flashlights , to get ideas

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 02:57:50 PM
Too limited in budget... to my unknowledgeable eye two pop out:

http://www.[url=http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,55947.0.html]SPAMCORP.com/led-flashlights/pp_47163.html[/url] - Ultrafire SK68 Cree Q5, just 1AA, for 800 lm and an extra charger and 2 accumulators

http://www.[url=http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,55947.0.html]SPAMCORP.com/led-flashlights/pp_44317.html[/url] - UltraFire U4 1 x Cree XM-L T6, 5 modes, 3AAA, a whopping 1800 lm

Reckon it's worth spending my hard-earned pennies or am I just sucked in in the lumen bonanza and should just het a keychain Olight?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 03:18:39 PM
For the zoomie look at SPAMCORP. Do not bother with the batteries. Expect to pay more for batteries than the light. Any cheap XML light will be bright. If they can run on 3aaa batteries then your life will be simpler.
For a small bright cheap AAA light I still recommend the tank007 eo9. The olight should be just as good but less bright.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 03:22:03 PM by dks »

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 07:46:19 PM
Yap, you are right, thanks for the tip.

SPAMCORP prices are far better.

I think I'll get two of http://www.[url=http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,55947.0.html]SPAMCORP.com/Ultrafire-CREE-XM-L-T6-2000lm-Lotus-Head-LED-Flashlight-Suit-p-917358.html[/url] a http://www.[url=http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,55947.0.html]SPAMCORP.com/Ultrafire-CREE-XM-L-T6-2000lm-Lotus-Head-LED-Flashlight-Suit-p-917358.html[/url] (just fell in love with the looks of that tank) and an UV one for nightcaching  :D

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 08:35:29 PM
Use the code blf at checkout to get a discount.

mx Offline Dragon Lord

• Follow your dreams they would lead you to happines
Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 08:38:18 PM
Thanks for the tip  :salute:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 08:48:52 PM

Thanks for the tip.... not 100% I'll make the purchase, but if you want, send me the referal addess by pm to receive your bonus.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 09:39:32 PM

Thanks for the tip.... not 100% I'll make the purchase, but if you want, send me the referal addess by pm to receive your bonus.

I do not have or use any referal address.

The blf code is from Budgetlightforums.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 10:35:10 PM
Okie than,

Placed the order:
Ultrafire CREE XM-L T6 2000lm Lotus Head with chargers
Ultrafire CREE Q5 300LM Red for my gf
Green Tritium Vial
5600 mAh Powerbank
... and some trinkets.

Can't wait,

Thanks again

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 06:55:26 AM
Thanks for the tip DKS! :salute:

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 04:55:32 PM
Isn't $19 for an i3s good deal, too? :think:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLIGHT-i3S-PU-Small-Clip-Ring-Flashlight-Torch-80-lm-38m-Cree-XP-G2-LED-Purple-/371295489969?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5672ef8fb1

At least I've never seen them below $21. There's only purple ones, though.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 05:27:22 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLIGHT-i3S-PU-Small-Clip-Ring-Flashlight-Torch-80-lm-38m-Cree-XP-G2-LED-Purple-/371295489969?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5672ef8fb1

Purple is nice  :D

The price is quite reasonable, currently.

Bear in mind that the dollar keeps getting stronger and stronger against the Euro and other European currencies so $19 now, is more money to us than $19 would have been a few months ago.

always do a conversion in you own currency as something may not be as cheap as you may assume it is.

:pok: that is why some items, shown in dollar, seem to be getting cheaper on eBay - as the dollar gets stronger the automatic conversion of eBay has to lower the indicated dollar price so that the actual amount you will pay the seller in his own currency, will remain the same.... 
I need to write a bit about rates, money value now and in the future one day...

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 05:32:57 PM
Wellll.... I kinda know that :D :D But $19 was less than $21 before and $19 is less than $21 now :D

It does NOT seem to be cheaper to me, to me it IS cheaper, because I'd never seen an i3s cost $19 before. Moreover, that's one of hte coloured models.

And the price that it is now, 19, is exactly the same as the price I bought it for years ago, when it was 22 or so and the dollar wasn't so strong. So, exactly because of the current prices, 19 is cheaper for me. And since I don't have an i3s now........ I'm wondering if not to get one.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 06:17:12 PM
Get one  :D

Boring information, do not read - just buy  :) :
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=BGN&view=1Y

If you look at the rate graph you see that 1y ago 1.4 LEV was $1.
Now 1.8 LEV is $1, so one dollar is about 30% more now than it was 1year ago.
So, paying $1 feels to your pocket like $1.3, unless you had an increase in income of 30% during the past year.  :D
(19*1.3 = $24.7)

Ofcourse, if you had saved your money, in a 30% interest account, that will also work  :D

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 06:21:41 PM
Get one  :D

Boring information, do not read - just buy  :) :
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=BGN&view=1Y

If you look at the rate graph you see that 1y ago 1.4 LEV was $1.
Now 1.8 LEV is $1, so one dollar is about 30% more now than it was 1year ago.
So, paying $1 feels to your pocket like $1.3, unless you had an increase in income of 30% during the past year.  :D
(19*1.3 = $24.7)

Ofcourse, if you had saved your money, in a 30% interest account, that will also work  :D

I've been following the BGN/USD; BGN/gold rates, so I know them :D Last summer I bought as much USD as I could just so, because it was cheap. If I were to exchange it back now, I'd earn some :D

And the $19 on eBay is still cheaper than the 60 BGN I'd have to pay to get one from here.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 06:23:33 PM
Also, when I bought my i3s a year or two ago, it was like 32 BGN

If I were to buy an i3s now, but for 19 $, I'd pay 35 BGN, which is more or less the same.

The dollar's gotten stronger, but the PrIcE of what I linked has dropped a bit, so it's.. kinda neutralized the overall cost..

I'm not sure what exactly we're discussing, though  :pok:

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 06:24:05 PM

hey this would look good with my farmer... :facepalm:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 06:27:29 PM
 :pok: So, your Dowry is in dollars   :D

The price has to go down 30% to neutralise the cost, which is not likely to happen 

Gold has not been going that well, but the dollar has shot up, killing the market for many US products for me.......

I would say, $19 is currently the best price I see, but you never know, as tomorrow there may be a better price/offer somewhere

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 06:38:50 PM
:pok: So, your Dowry is in dollars   :D

The price has to go down 30% to neutralise the cost, which is not likely to happen 

Gold has not been going that well, but the dollar has shot up, killing the market for many US products for me.......

I would say, $19 is currently the best price I see, but you never know, as tomorrow there may be a better price/offer somewhere

Lol.

Well, yeah, the dollar's been ruining my purchasing plans, too. Same for the gold... because of the dollar, gold's getting more and more expensive here, too. I wish I had bought some more two years ago  :bnghd:

@mrynnr

YESSSSSSSSS GET ONE!!! :D

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 10:31:05 PM

hey this would look good with my farmer... :facepalm:
Do it, do it!  :pok:  :)

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #24 on: April 10, 2015, 12:11:38 AM
Dang it people... Such a bunch of enablers! :ahhh

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 06:46:55 AM
It does feel and look very sexy - a real quality product.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%