Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Scissor spring kit? Sizes?

us Offline wonderwolf

Scissor spring kit? Sizes?
on: October 04, 2014, 04:33:47 AM
Ok I got one of the fancy boxed kits with the multi size punches and the jig that holds the scissors/pliers to aid in replacing the springs (it works really slick which is good because I plan to start fixing up a lot  abused knives I have aquired)  Anyways it has more variations of springs than I have in the parts replacement pack (the one with tweezers & toothpicks and such) it has the following sizes

.37 lettered in black with black background and 1.37
1.37 N
.65 N

The "N" sizes have a rounded tip of the spring but otherwise look the same as those without the "N" suffix....anybody shed any light on this? Also looking for a guide as to what sizes fit what frame sizes? I'm sure the .62 is for 58mm but I'm lost on the 1.37 and .65 as they both seem like they would work on the med-large frames? or is one set of springs for pliers specifically? can anybody shed some light on the mystery?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131177515059?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
"A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow" - The Edge

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Re: Scissor spring kit? Sizes?
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 04:54:10 AM
The N springs fit the newer knives that have the scalloped groove in the scissor handle.  The reg spring is flat on the end for older knives with no such groove.

I just match the old spring to the one in the kit.

Added:

I match them because the first time you invert the kit...the springs will all be in one compartment.... :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 04:59:49 AM by SAK Guy »
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68