Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Please read this one

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Please read this one
on: January 03, 2007, 04:02:50 AM
I just posted something on SOSAKOnline that I think should be mentioned here as well.  Something bad has happened, and maybe we can do something to help fix it.

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=151&Itemid=1

Please at least take the time to read this.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Re: Please read this one
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 04:11:13 AM
Something bad has happened, and maybe we can do something to help fix it.

Any ideas?
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 04:37:51 AM
It would be nice to know what they'd prefer to get, although it sounds like it runs the gamut.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 04:49:55 AM
what was taken was by the TSA were Gerber and Leatherman Multi-tools, folding pocket knives such as SOG Flashes, Buck folding knives, Gerbers etc., and fixed blade knives with blades as well.

...all soon to show up on ebay... :-\

It's sad that there's no recourse anyone can take against the gestappo airlines, all we can do is put some blades and multis back in cirulation (probably to have them confiscated out of the pocket of a double amputee soldier in a wheelchair on the way home..)

I paid a lot for that Cold Steel knife I listed in the trade forum, but I'm considering donating it.

[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 12:18:23 PM
Pete is looking for knives and tools if anyone has any to spare.  Pete is also accepting pretty well anything else that might be available.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 06:48:36 PM
Bringing this one back up to the top.  Response so far has been pretty good, but we can do better.  Those are your boys in the field out there- let's make certain they are looked after, ok?

Def

Offline supratentorial

Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 07:16:15 PM
When do these boys deploy?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 07:22:16 PM
Yes, any idea when the deadline is? I know where I can pick up some more Gerber tools on clearance next week.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 08:42:10 PM
All the details I have are on the site.  You can try contacting Pete for more info.  I know he deals with the Marines at a local fort and so even after they head out we can still get stuff to them and others serving in various theatres, so there's really not any kind of deadline.  Do what you can, when you can.  That's all anyone can ask.

Def

Offline Balldboy

Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 12:01:18 AM
It would be nice to know what they'd prefer to get, although it sounds like it runs the gamut.

Greetings,
Def asked me to come on over and talk this up.

The SOSAK community has always been very generous and helpful in supporting the troops.

After a recent commo with the guys up the ladder from me, fixed blade and Multi-Toll donations are still lagging behind.
There is still time to get me the stuff needed as the 2/6 Marines are still in training then they return to the east coast before OpSec. sets in and they go to thier theatre of operations. We would like to get these tools and knives directly to the guys on the sharp end of the sword so they can see the support of a greatful nation.

Don't look for the politicians that "oppose the war but support the troops" to help here, the cameras are off and they
are busy raising our taxes...this effort is grass roots and will be appreciated by the recipients. We are trying to get Pics at the hand off but either way, Def and his crew will have a large part in the sucess.

Thanx to all that have given and to all that will be giving soon.
Pete

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 12:16:52 AM
Thanks Pete, and welcome to Multitool.org.  Stick around a bit, will ya?

Def

Offline Balldboy

Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 12:42:55 AM
Glad for the welcome.
To expand upon what I do in this effort.
I receive the packages, strip away any boxes, place the knives in a baggy with any personal nots, add a SOSAK card and pack them in a USPS Flat rate priority box...the PO hates me.

I absorb the shipping costs and usually fill any gaps with hard candy or sport drink powder.

Prior to this effort my friends and I with the help of BenVa and other vendors amassed 54 lbs of gear that went straight to Iraq where I have a point of contact for distribution.

My Father is a Veteran of WWII and Korea so I was taught via stories the worth of a package from home.

Pete

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 12:46:46 AM
That reminds me- I'll have to send some more SOSAK cards and maybe also some Multitool.org cards with the package I am putting together.

I sent off a CD to a friend of mine serving in Afghanistan just before Christmas, only to find out that he had drawn one of the first leaves and was home almost before the package arrived!

Def

Offline Balldboy

Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 08:13:30 PM
The power of Def's crew is strong, we have donations from a few here and at SOSAK.

IF anyone has anything else to give, I amcoming  up against the clock but I'm definately NOT opposed to eating the 2nd day shipping costs if it gets the stuff to the Marines.

Thanx again,
Pete

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 10:33:46 PM
Come on now Pete, why not just come out with it and say "Def, get off your arse and get that package mailed!"

Def

Offline Balldboy

Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 11:01:32 PM
Def,
I'm good on SOSAK cards even though I've been including them with all donations as it's impossible to track between the 3 sites involved...who sent what.

So it ships Monday... ;)

Pete

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 11:30:18 PM
Sounds like a hard one to argue with to me!

Def

Offline Balldboy

Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 11:48:37 PM
3 knives arrived today.
2 on Sat.
Got a check last week, spent it... and more.
Pete

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD