Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2015- What would you like from MTO this year?

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Re: 2015- What would you like from MTO this year?
Reply #30 on: January 20, 2015, 06:51:40 PM
I want the global enabler award.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #31 on: January 20, 2015, 06:58:22 PM
I really like the forum. Out of my 7 forums THIS one is my favorite, everyone is pretty much always positive. Which is the #1 achevievment in my book.

The only thing I'd like to see is maybe a like button, which we have discussed before.

But maybe one that only has the # of likes instead of everyone who liked it. (The OP or comment creator could see who, but not everyone, just too distracting)

Plus, I know all of you will make it some type of competition (Image removed from quote.)

It's in the works. No lifers and Charter members have been testing it out for a few weeks now.

I belong to a forum which has a "Member's Map". Each member is plotted on the map via the location provided on sign up. The location can be as ambiguous as County, Region etc. and not specific addresses.

This info is very helpful for trading, buying, selling etc. and also shows members who is in close proximity to themselves.

The forum which uses this map is world wide in scope and provides interesting conversations between members.

Just my 2 cents.

I think we had something similar a while back but it hasn't been updated in YEARS. :ahhh We do have a thread with members locations though. 

List your country (alphabetically)

Still thinking about some really sexy MTO Plus scales (maybe transparent orange, or Onyx, or brass...) something that is useful for everyone, unique and affordable...

There is place to make your own designs. (anyone whom remembers this company name please remind me). You give them 3D desing, and they make it for you. You can leave desing publick, and people can buy it from them. Maybe we could use this service for like copper scales... I think mr Metropolicity used their services sometimes...

Shapeways?

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #32 on: January 20, 2015, 06:59:56 PM

They should make patch for you over your avatar...

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #33 on: January 20, 2015, 07:01:53 PM
Can we add a specific GiveAway/Draw Section?

I hate to section it away but i would feel better if there was a minimum post count to see it.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #34 on: January 20, 2015, 07:05:10 PM

I hate to section it away but i would feel better if there was a minimum post count to see it.

Well you can always add a minimum posts rule to the giveaways you host if you're doing the giveaway.

If we/MTO hold giveaways, they are mostly manufacturer sponsored and as such should go into the dedicated forum for that manufacturer and also draw more attention and traffic to the board it's placed it.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #35 on: January 20, 2015, 07:14:25 PM

Well you can always add a minimum posts rule to the giveaways you host if you're doing the giveaway.

If we/MTO hold giveaways, they are mostly manufacturer sponsored and as such should go into the dedicated forum for that manufacturer and also draw more attention and traffic to the board it's placed it.
I understand the company and MTO giveaways. I'm talking about Personal/Birthday giveaways.

I don't think a modded Leatherman should be posted in the leatherman tools section considering it's partly an equity sale/trade. But that's my mom's real estate opinionation stuck in my head!

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #36 on: January 20, 2015, 07:18:04 PM
enki_ck, Shapeways, yes, thank you.

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #37 on: January 20, 2015, 07:21:46 PM

They should make patch for you over your avatar...
I want it.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #38 on: January 20, 2015, 08:02:19 PM
I would love for the photo posting option to accept the close up photos I take with my ipad.  Unfortunately the photo files are too large and must be changed to load directly.

FYI, for those well meaning souls with other photo posting options.... I don't want to go to another website to post photos.  I don't want to change the file size.  I want to take a photo and then post it.....   :P

I know it probably isn't possible or likely,  but when asked I always have an opinion..... :D
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #39 on: January 20, 2015, 08:07:21 PM
I would love for the photo posting option to accept the close up photos I take with my ipad.  Unfortunately the photo files are too large and must be changed to load directly.

FYI, for those well meaning souls with other photo posting options.... I don't want to go to another website to post photos.  I don't want to change the file size.  I want to take a photo and then post it.....   :P

I know it probably isn't possible or likely,  but when asked I always have an opinion..... :D

Have you got the option to reduce the size of the images that the ipad takes ... or is that a far too obvious question?  :P :D :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: January 20, 2015, 08:08:19 PM
......... something that is useful for everyone, unique and affordable...

PIZZA!!!!!  :2tu:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: January 20, 2015, 08:11:03 PM

Have you got the option to reduce the size of the images that the ipad takes ... or is that a far too obvious question?  :P :D :D

Obvious... maybe :P, possible...maybe.  Have I figured out how to do it if it is possible... No..... :facepalm:

And in my perfect MTO world, it's a step I don't want to take.   :twak: :D
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: January 20, 2015, 08:11:43 PM

+1

Usually if it's too big to attach, it's too big to view on the screen without endless scrolling. ;)

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #43 on: January 20, 2015, 08:21:24 PM
Boss, I know Chinese Vic forum has made custom Alox for members, what's the possibility of that happening, maybe even a unique color?

Richard Kell had made a 'bevel coin' for measuring knife/axe bevel, I love that thing.  Now, if we could make a 'tool' coin from 8 to 40 deg, increasing every 2 deg...that'd be a great great tool!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #44 on: January 20, 2015, 08:32:07 PM
......... something that is useful for everyone, unique and affordable...

PIZZA!!!!!  :2tu:
:drool: now that sounds good, I haven't eaten since dinner yesterday and I need something to put down!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #45 on: January 20, 2015, 09:06:49 PM
I would like to see alox scales for sale !

Sak's  rule !

CHEERS

gb Offline Pignut71

Reply #46 on: January 20, 2015, 09:53:46 PM
I would be happy with a unique colour & / or branded 91mm plastic scales (with T&T) being offered for sale. That would be awesome!
Ps, love this site. It's the best on the web.

Sent using my chubby fingers...

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #47 on: January 20, 2015, 10:21:18 PM

I would be happy with a unique colour & / or branded 91mm plastic scales (with T&T) being offered for sale. That would be awesome!

Oh yeah that also ^^^

Sak's  rule !

CHEERS

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: January 20, 2015, 10:51:35 PM
On another forum, I can jump straight to the new posts on a certain thread. I find it useful, many times all I want is the new stuff instead of going through the whole thread to find it.

Other than that I can't really think of much more to improve. The map would be pretty cool.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: January 20, 2015, 11:05:01 PM
On another forum, I can jump straight to the new posts on a certain thread. I find it useful, many times all I want is the new stuff instead of going through the whole thread to find it.

Other than that I can't really think of much more to improve. The map would be pretty cool.

You can here ...

Top of the page, click "show unread posts" (updates ones are threads you've already posted in).

On the next listing you'll see "NEW" at the side of the relevant thread titles, just like you do on individual forum listings. If you click the actual "NEW" sign, it will take you to the first post in that thread that you haven't read yet  :tu:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: January 20, 2015, 11:19:44 PM
I would personally like if the quote button by default did not include pictures. I don't like scrolling past the same pictures over and over again for single line comments which often happens if someone posts great pics.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: January 20, 2015, 11:47:11 PM
I would personally like if the quote button by default did not include pictures. I don't like scrolling past the same pictures over and over again for single line comments which often happens if someone posts great pics.
+1

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #52 on: January 21, 2015, 12:05:45 AM

I do agree with this ... except when the post quoted is a page or two ago, then pics are quite useful cos you're not having to hunt back to see what the comment refers to.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #53 on: January 21, 2015, 12:28:56 AM
Oooooh that map would be awesome.

I could always use more multitool.org stickers as well

I'm not sure on copyright laws, but it'd be cool if you could incorporate all the brands logo into the word "multitool.org"

Charter Members started ordering these last week:

I'll post purchase instructions shortly for regular members to order them.  :D

What a good idea... too bad I hadn't thought of that..... or have I...?   >:D

Stay tuned for updates on that.

I would like to see alox scales for sale !

Sak's  rule !

ALOX knives aren't really scales- they are the frame of the knife so really no way for a user to apply them, unless you are talking about the Syph007 ALOX scales that will attach to a standard 91mm model.  In that case, talk to Syph007 as I don't want to steal his projects.  :D

Boss, I know Chinese Vic forum has made custom Alox for members, what's the possibility of that happening, maybe even a unique color?

Richard Kell had made a 'bevel coin' for measuring knife/axe bevel, I love that thing.  Now, if we could make a 'tool' coin from 8 to 40 deg, increasing every 2 deg...that'd be a great great tool!

I doubt you will see us ordering custom colored ALOX models any time soon.  A certain individual is doing that already and I would hate for him to start accusing us of copying him.

Good ideas so far folks- keep them coming!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #54 on: January 21, 2015, 12:35:51 AM
Don't put Like buttons everywhere. I would definitely hate that.

What I would like, is more time to be able to edit something once I press go. Nothing bothers me more than seeing a typo or something a day later and not being able to fix it.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #55 on: January 21, 2015, 12:48:30 AM
How about pins? MTO pins!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #56 on: January 21, 2015, 12:53:59 AM
Don't put Like buttons everywhere. I would definitely hate that.

What I would like, is more time to be able to edit something once I press go. Nothing bothers me more than seeing a typo or something a day later and not being able to fix it.

:tu: At what point do we become trustworthy to not start sabotageing the forum like "whoever it was" did eons back. Even an extension on edit time (based on merit if necessary) would be good  :tu:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #57 on: January 21, 2015, 03:17:37 PM
We can certainly look at extending the edit time a bit more.

Def

Sent from my smurfing hunk of techno sorcery

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #58 on: January 21, 2015, 03:43:02 PM
We can certainly look at extending the edit time a bit more.

Def

Sent from my smurfing hunk of techno sorcery
Especially in the sales thread it would be super, to keep it tidy.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: January 22, 2015, 08:03:32 PM
Still thinking about some really sexy MTO Plus scales (maybe transparent orange, or Onyx, or brass...) something that is useful for everyone, unique and affordable...

If we had a like button - And I am not sure we need one - I would press it here.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%