Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Clone of Leatherman Juice Xe6 on ebay

detron · 16 · 2794

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Clone of Leatherman Juice Xe6 on ebay
on: July 03, 2015, 04:31:08 PM
I was goofing off on ebay and ran across this.  this sure looks like a straight copy of the Xe6, except maybe the scissor joint, the phillips driver shape, and the plier shape.

Clone of Juice Xe6

the weight and dimensions listed make it slightly larger than the Leatherman Xe6.

anyone handled one of these?  if so what are your thoughts 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 04:43:22 PM by detron »
If I can help, let me know 

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Re: Clone of Leatherman Juice Xe6 on ebay
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 04:52:13 PM
I did see a thread some time back about a plus sized juice clone. From memory it wasn't much chop.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 05:02:26 PM
Off topic: thank you detron.  ;)  :cheers:

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 06:34:43 PM
Off topic: thank you detron.  ;)  :cheers:

;)   :salute:
If I can help, let me know 

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 07:07:38 PM
I've seen both larger and smaller "copies" of LM Juices.  Neither were anywhere near the same quality as the original.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 08:06:06 PM
I have seen a few under the expedition brand in eastern Europe, but they were about the same price as Juice models.

The one you showed is cheap, may even be worth a try
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:07:12 PM by dks »
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline duFunk

Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 07:39:45 PM
I just came into possession of something exactly like this. Thought it looked exactly like a Juice, and wanted to learn more about it; it's branded "NSK". It's pretty hilariously bad, the only useable tool on it being the corkscrew :D I've never handled a LM Juice before, but I can't believe it would be anywhere near this in terms of quality.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 03:24:10 AM
At least the flatheads on this one won't draw blood.  :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 03:21:06 PM
At least the flatheads on this one won't draw blood.  :tu:

wrong! 
This LM Juice (smaller than real) clone had the same problem with the drivers! Hard to pull out, sharp corners, extremely stiff, easily hurts and cuts open your fingers!!   :pok:

flea market find from yesterday    :facepalm:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 03:34:46 PM
Hard to pull out, sharp corners, extremely stiff, easily hurts and cuts open your fingers!!   :pok:

So, they pretty much replicated the original, then?  ::)

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 03:35:34 PM
How big is that in relation to an original?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:37:29 PM by ReamerPunch »

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 07:22:53 PM
How big is that in relation to an original?

smaller than Juice, bigger than Squirt.
Here's next to a Wenger

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 07:48:28 PM
I know this is an old thread,  but since nobody ever did a side by side, I did one for y'all.
The XE6 has the crispness and precision of a Swiss Army Knife. The slightly bigger knockoff is really really crappy. Got mine for a few bucks at the fleamarket. The only good things about the fake are the saw, scissors, and blades. The drivers require another tool to get them out and the file might be ok fir just fingernails. The pliers are a joke and the cutter section won't cut a toothpick.
Pics. The XE6 is worth the large amount of extra money.
20171218_123344-1.jpeg
* 20171218_123344-1.jpeg (Filesize: 224.9 KB)
20171218_123401-1.jpeg
* 20171218_123401-1.jpeg (Filesize: 97.61 KB)
20171218_123421-1.jpeg
* 20171218_123421-1.jpeg (Filesize: 85.35 KB)
20171218_123820-1.jpeg
* 20171218_123820-1.jpeg (Filesize: 175.44 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 07:49:10 PM
Last pic
20171218_123649-1.jpeg
* 20171218_123649-1.jpeg (Filesize: 108.8 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 01:59:47 PM
I know this is an old thread,  but since nobody ever did a side by side, I did one for y'all.
The XE6 has the crispness and precision of a Swiss Army Knife. The slightly bigger knockoff is really really crappy. Got mine for a few bucks at the fleamarket. The only good things about the fake are the saw, scissors, and blades. The drivers require another tool to get them out and the file might be ok fir just fingernails. The pliers are a joke and the cutter section won't cut a toothpick.

thank you for your insight.
I've also found my drivers painfully hard to get out, usually needing of another tool (the flatheads especially, the Phillips is still doable)    :oops:

the pliers feel indeed weak and flimsy. But then again, I've broken a real Juice's pliers so I won't take any chances with this knockoff.  :facepalm:

Unfortunately mine had none of the "good tools" you say (scissors or saw), but the blade, which came dull as a butter knife but sharpened quick and nice to shaving sharp. I reprofiled the main bevel too, it was easy peasy    :tu:
My toys:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 03:11:13 PM

thank you for your insight.
I've also found my drivers painfully hard to get out, usually needing of another tool (the flatheads especially, the Phillips is still doable)    :oops:

the pliers feel indeed weak and flimsy. But then again, I've broken a real Juice's pliers so I won't take any chances with this knockoff.  :facepalm:

Unfortunately mine had none of the "good tools" you say (scissors or saw), but the blade, which came dull as a butter knife but sharpened quick and nice to shaving sharp. I reprofiled the main bevel too, it was easy peasy    :tu:
Thank ya sir!
Good to know about the blade sharpening.  I bought the clone out of curiousity mainly, but it has seen a little pocket time.
I rarely carry tools like it or the xe6, so usually I can't say how the Juice holds up. Seems like a light duty tool though.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%