Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Plier adjustable wrench Tool

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Plier adjustable wrench Tool
on: August 04, 2015, 03:34:24 PM
Back in the 1970s Orchard Supply Hardwere sold these tools they were made by Diamond. It was the only place I have seen these tools until about ten years ago I was in a Kragen Auto Parts store where I saw bin full of Chinese knock off Diamond tools they weren't cheap 19.00. I bought one on the spot. Besides having a adjustable wrench and pliers the Plier handle has a flat blade screw driver. Back in the day we the diamond tools everywhere in a kitchen  drawer all the cars glove boxes but over the years they all disappeared. I am always on the look out for one at the flea market. This one lives in my trucks glove box beside a LM Core.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Re: Plier adjustable wrench Tool
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:25:12 PM
Definite knock off.  Diamond/Duluth made these in two sizes - DH-18 is the larger size.  DH-16 is the smaller one. 

I believe the patent was licensed to several other companies or the tools were contracted from DD.  Either way you find a lot of different brands on similar tools from the same era.  The Chinese version isn't as nice, but it is functional.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%