Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who is single ?!

N_N_R · 315 · 15327

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Re: Who is single ?!
Reply #60 on: September 12, 2015, 01:19:04 PM
newly single  :D
getting used to it again after 17 years  :o
what's new ? talk me through the things I've missed while 'shackled' , had a look on some of these 'dating sites' , purely in the name of research  ::) as it seems to be the modern way  :think:
all looks pretty horrific if you ask me, being rejected once or twice in a dimly lit drinking establishment at the end of an evening, while partially numbed by alcohol, was bad enough 'back in the day' but then I was young !!!!
now you can get rejection in the comfort of your own home ! SOBER  :o

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #61 on: September 12, 2015, 01:23:32 PM
Get a room, you two...  :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl:

Though, gotta say, I've recently stopped trying to not be single, and the drama in my life decreased tenfold.
I think that can work well. If you're not really looking for anyone, sometimes that's when that person sneaks into your life.  That's what happened for me anyway :)

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I tried using that excuse. The judge still ordered the restraining order... Again!
 :facepalm:

Maybe next time will be different from the previous five...
 :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #62 on: September 12, 2015, 01:29:36 PM
Maybe next time will be different from the previous five...    :think:

If you keep on doing what you've previously done, you will most likely get the same result as previously.  Maybe it's time to do something different ?  :pok:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:31:17 PM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #63 on: September 12, 2015, 01:30:21 PM
 :rofl: :rofl: You guys :D

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #64 on: September 12, 2015, 01:39:50 PM
I used to just stand at the bar, look cool, and the ladies came to me..

posting in a forum seems to be the new way to meet ladies - the higher you post count, the more attractive you are   8) 8) 8) 8)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #65 on: September 12, 2015, 01:45:16 PM
I used to just stand at the bar, look cool, and the ladies came to me..

Now you stand by the bar with the ladies looking coolly at you?

I'm actually thinking, the higher your post count, the more lost your cause :D :D :D  :whistle:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #66 on: September 12, 2015, 04:11:06 PM
what's new ? talk me through the things I've missed while 'shackled' , had a look on some of these 'dating sites' , purely in the name of research  ::) as it seems to be the modern way  :think:
all looks pretty horrific if you ask me, being rejected once or twice in a dimly lit drinking establishment at the end of an evening, while partially numbed by alcohol, was bad enough 'back in the day' but then I was young !!!!

Hi Taxidad, sorry to hear.  Online dating has the same dilemmas as any other type dating.  The pictures dont always match the person, the profile is hog poo, and in some cases the person is not actually single. 

I know a few people who ended up getting married after meeting online.  One was a total train wreck while the other is still going strong.   
Esse Quam Videri

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #67 on: September 12, 2015, 07:51:21 PM
Single again since April, though it was only since last September so not that long lasting relationship anyways...

Pretty much gotten used to it by now, tho I have to say the lonely evenings suck... oh well

"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #68 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:04 PM
 :o There seems to be quite a few divorced/separated/remarried/etc. members... Quite a lot going on, especially during the last year :think:   

Modern times..   :)

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #69 on: September 12, 2015, 08:26:41 PM
I actually think that divorced parents are sometimes a lot better for a kid than parents constantly fighting and hating on each other at home and the kid growing up in the middle of all this.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #70 on: September 12, 2015, 08:28:32 PM

Bloody hell Michael,that's a hell of a come-back post!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #71 on: September 12, 2015, 08:28:49 PM
My soulmate of 30+ years just decided one day that she didn't love me, made a huge change in personality, dyed her beautiful brown hair red then blond, lost 40lbs, burned bridges with many in her family and married another guy we knew a couple of months after the divorce was final. I saw her at my Dad's funeral this year (4 years later) and didn't know who she was till she was about a foot away. She had truly turned into another person. Read on the net that this happens a lot.....

I'm still not over that experience (and probably never will be).
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #72 on: September 12, 2015, 08:38:43 PM
people have or think they have more options nowdays, some  think there is always something better, some do not want to try and quit at the first problem, some do not forgive anything so as not to lose face, and sometimes people just change and want something different now than they did a few years or weeks ago - different outlook, needs, do not like their partner anymore or never really did.

You can not force anybody, in modern societies, to stay with you....

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #73 on: September 12, 2015, 08:56:49 PM
people have or think they have more options nowdays, some  think there is always something better, some do not want to try and quit at the first problem, some do not forgive anything so as not to lose face, and sometimes people just change and want something different now than they did a few years or weeks ago - different outlook, needs, do not like their partner anymore or never really did.

And who would want to? Don't know who that person is and wouldn't want to get her back. I live in the past and still love that gal I met in '80. My wife went through a midlife crisis...she's happy and I buy knives I don't need so it's all good.  :D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:00:33 PM by SAK Guy »
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #74 on: September 12, 2015, 09:14:24 PM

And who would want to? Don't know who that person is and wouldn't want to get her back. I live in the past and still love that gal I met in '80. My wife went through a midlife crisis...she's happy and I buy knives I don't need so it's all good.  :D

It's probably a telling statement on how I view relationships these days,but one of the main reasons I love SAKs,MTs and zippos is they're fixable...
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #75 on: September 12, 2015, 09:16:35 PM
... and they can be considered as dowry,  for the future

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #76 on: September 12, 2015, 09:30:30 PM

It's probably a telling statement on how I view relationships these days,but one of the main reasons I love SAKs,MTs and zippos is they're fixable...

+1  :salute:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #77 on: September 12, 2015, 09:36:54 PM
sakguy, your experience sounds horrific. it would've shattered me, too.

on the bright side of being single, you don't depend on anyone's approval to do anything, you can go places and do whatever without thinking about another person's feelings and how to include them in your schedule, your can say lots of crap you wouldn't say if you were in a relationship on online platforms.... :facepalm:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:38:20 PM by N_N_R »

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #78 on: September 12, 2015, 09:39:31 PM

Dating sites are a conspiracy created by women. It means you absolutely HAVE to talk and get to know each other before you can even meet in person.  ;)

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #79 on: September 12, 2015, 09:49:07 PM

on the bright side of being single, you don't depend on anyone's approval to do anything, you can go places and do whatever without thinking about another person's feelings and how to include them in your schedule, your can say lots of crap you wouldn't say if you were in a relationship on online platforms.... :facepalm:

Agreed on both counts!

Raistlin-  :rofl:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #80 on: September 12, 2015, 09:51:08 PM

I bet it's tough after 30 years to have your spouse do something like that, and I'm sorry you went through that SG :(

However, NNR is spot on here.  The things she mentions are the very things I miss about my single years, especially the freedom to do whatever without worrying about their approval and whatnot :tu:

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

gb Offline VoetSak

Reply #81 on: September 12, 2015, 10:04:58 PM
My soulmate of 30+ years just decided one day that she didn't love me, made a huge change in personality, dyed her beautiful brown hair red then blond, lost 40lbs, burned bridges with many in her family and married another guy we knew a couple of months after the divorce was final. I saw her at my Dad's funeral this year (4 years later) and didn't know who she was till she was about a foot away. She had truly turned into another person. Read on the net that this happens a lot.....

I'm still not over that experience (and probably never will be).

I feel you man. My biggest adjustment was the realisation that trying to be a good person doesn't qualify you for a good life. At just short of 40 I am right back at the beginning again. Its not the loss of my partner or my home or anything like that for me that I have struggled with. Its hard to explain but it feels like the loss of my last shred of innocence.

I loved being wide eyed and innocent. After it all happened I had this quiet confidence that it would all work out because somehow I deserved it. Hahahaha sucker!!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:12:56 PM by VoetSak »

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Reply #82 on: September 12, 2015, 10:41:21 PM
I've been married for about 7 years. 

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #83 on: September 12, 2015, 10:42:34 PM
I've never met anyone I want to spend the rest of my life with. It really is that simple. I also refuse to get into a relationship with someone with whom I know it's only temporary. I'll have the odd brief soiree occasionally, but only if the lady in question understands and accepts it's a fleeting thing with no tomorrow.

Aside from that, I like the freedom. I can devote my efforts, attention, and any spare finances on whatever I wish, with no one to appease, and no consequences for anyone but myself. Do I get lonely and crave companionship? Very occasionally, yes, but not for long, and when I do meet someone and there's a mutual attraction, I'm usually reminded within a very short space of time why I choose to stay single....

I'm not 100% ruling out ever finding a soulmate, but the chances of me finding someone who can tolerate me and who I can tolerate in return are pretty slim  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #84 on: September 12, 2015, 10:49:30 PM

Bloody hell Michael,that's a hell of a come-back post!

My thoughts exactly!!!

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #85 on: September 12, 2015, 11:14:42 PM
I'm not 100% ruling out ever finding a soulmate, but the chances of me finding someone who can tolerate me and who I can tolerate in return are pretty slim  :D

Yep. The way I look at it, everyone is a bit crazy in their own way. Just because two people love/care about each other is not the only thing necessary for a lasting relationship. The trick is to find someone that is crazy in a way that doesn't bother you (and vice versa). :)

gb Offline VoetSak

Reply #86 on: September 13, 2015, 12:30:09 AM

Yep. The way I look at it, everyone is a bit crazy in their own way. Just because two people love/care about each other is not the only thing necessary for a lasting relationship. The trick is to find someone that is crazy in a way that doesn't bother you (and vice versa). :)

I no longer think that lasting relationships are worth aiming for. The marital failure rate coupled with the financial risk should a marriage fail are simply too high. On balance I am roughly as happy now as I was when I was married. This happiness seems to carry a much lower financial and emotional risk. I don't think I could ever get into a cohabitation type relationship again much less anything more serious.

Horses for courses I suppose. There will be those for who the gamble on another person pays off hansomely  and I wish them the best of luck. Unfortunately one day I woke up and my wife had transformed into something so evil that it would have made Bram Stoker broody. :rofl:

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #87 on: September 13, 2015, 05:07:58 AM
17 years had passed since I slept with that beautiful girl, and it is the same girl that I woke up next to this morning.  :rant:

But I got to say she is the best multi-tool I ever know of, and she is made of high quality ageless tissue, still looks the same just like the day I met her.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:11:36 AM by Kampfer »
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #88 on: September 13, 2015, 05:49:02 AM
Wow, this thread is an emotional rollercoaster. I went from  ::) to  ??? To  :rofl: to  :cry: to  :salute: in about 5 minutes.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #89 on: September 13, 2015, 06:23:07 AM
Wow, this thread is an emotional rollercoaster. I went from  ::) to  ??? To  :rofl: to  :cry: to  :salute: in about 5 minutes.

and back to  :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD