Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Members in Paris

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Re: Members in Paris
Reply #60 on: November 16, 2015, 10:43:46 AM
... Instead, I spent the night doing inventory check on my gear, weapons, ammo and food.
Let's not forget, Si vis pacem, para bellum, not by changing profile pictures.

Carthago delenda est... Yet the Roman Empire didn't make it to our days either  ;)

I agree that changing colours and profile pics is futile at best. Apparently, trendy also.
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #61 on: November 16, 2015, 06:57:06 PM
:police:  Folks, some posts are bordering on political and/or offensive.  Let's try to keep it calm here.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

gr Offline firiki

Reply #62 on: November 16, 2015, 07:43:56 PM
:police:  Folks, some posts are bordering on political and/or offensive.  Let's try to keep it calm here.

I object, this is your personal assesment. Had I meant to insinuate anything about Kam I'd have put that pic in the same post (reply #60).

I wonder how can one deny that what happened in Paris is going to reinforce far-right rhetoric and xenophobic sentiment. That picture of a neo-Nazi shaking hands with one of the attackers while saying "Merci" (thank you, in French) with a grateful smile on his face only meant to illustrate just that. 

Is reality what it is or is it what we think it is? I think the answer is both. Then again there's the saying, if reality doesn't coincide with our point of view then that's too bad for reality.

Please bring that picture back. Thank you.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #63 on: November 16, 2015, 08:06:19 PM
Firiki, as an ordinary member I must say that I feel we were at risk of straying beyond the spirit of MTO. I am glad that picture was taken down, as I do not feel this is the right place for such social commentary. I have refrained from commenting, as I don't have anything forum friendly to say other than my thoughts go out to those affected, and I feel we may have a trying and upsetting decade or two ahead of us.

:salute:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #64 on: November 16, 2015, 08:29:00 PM
Killing innocent people is a crime against humanity, no matter what the rhetoric.

There's no real connection with race, nationality, religion, social class or whatever, this is a rhetoric for justifying the crimes.

Remember the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre, the 4th Crusade, the 30 years war, the constant progroms and massacres of Jews in Europe for one and a half millenium until the WWII, all executed by Christians of the Caucassian race. Who can claim that only a certain religion or race is guilty for what happens since the dawn of man on earth, man killing man and tribe killing tribe?

Whoever uses what happened in Paris,or NY, or Syria for political or material gain won't find ground here.

This place doesn't divide people by race, nationality, religion, social class, political beliefs or whatever.

We only have to be kind to each other and love shinny metallic things. A real oasis in this brutal world.

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #65 on: November 16, 2015, 08:33:52 PM
I had many people mistaken me as a neo-nazi by looking at my photos on Facebook. Lol.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

00 Online kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #66 on: November 16, 2015, 08:38:53 PM
The thread was started in the hope that our French members would check in,and confirm their well being.

If I'd been through what they've been through this past weekend,I'd be very disappointed to find that people had chosen to hijack the thread to persue anything other than concern for the members of our family.

I know that we all have a variety of feelings about the Paris attacks,but let's keep the focus on our family here
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #67 on: November 16, 2015, 08:53:02 PM
The thread was started in the hope that our French members would check in,and confirm their well being.

If I'd been through what they've been through this past weekend,I'd be very disappointed to find that people had chosen to hijack the thread to persue anything other than concern for the members of our family.

I know that we all have a variety of feelings about the Paris attacks,but let's keep the focus on our family here

Well said, John  :salute:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #68 on: November 16, 2015, 09:00:45 PM
I understand what the picture meant, and that "merci" means thank you in French.  There is no need to have the swastika in this forum, period.  I have German blood in me, and relatives that fought for Germany in both wars.  I've been called a Nazi a time or two because of that.  This isn't the place for that.  I agree with what Kirky said, let's try to keep this as a family-like discussion.  Believe me, I have my pwn thoughts on this, but I won't be posting them here as they may offend some members.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

gr Offline firiki

Reply #69 on: November 17, 2015, 12:28:02 AM

Les Poppys - Non, non, rien n'a changé - 1973 (subtitled)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #70 on: November 17, 2015, 12:55:05 AM
I wonder if maybe I didn't actually hit SEND on the post about how this forum will not allow any discussions of a political nature?  Seems to me the message may not have actually gotten out...   :think:

Luckily there is no ban on sarcasm....   :facepalm:

Maybe this will help.

NO MORE POLITICS, OR POLITICAL NONSENSE.

Any more such posts and this thread, like too many others, will be locked.

I'm not sure why that message is so hard to understand?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #71 on: November 17, 2015, 02:28:48 AM
Such senseless acts of violence. My thoughts are with the families of those injured and killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD