Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

small hiking/camping thermometer

us Offline rescue4500

small hiking/camping thermometer
on: October 28, 2015, 07:36:01 PM
anyone have any input on a small cheap thermometer for hiking and camping im not looking for dead on accuracy just something to give me a close number than I can adjust things to
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Re: small hiking/camping thermometer
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 07:41:46 PM
I have the keychain version from REI with a button compass attached.  I want to say it was around 5 dollars, and it's marketed to be used as a zipper pull.  Definitely a "close number" vs "dead on", but it's cheap and small :tu:

ETA: I looked it up, called the "Zip-o-Gauge", listed as $7.  The "Therm-o-Compass" was the one I got, listed at $10.  Must have had a coupon...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:44:59 PM by eddie1115 »

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 07:43:30 PM
I have the keychain version from REI with a button compass attached.  I want to say it was around 5 dollars, and it's marketed to be used as a zipper pull.  Definitely a "close number" vs "dead on", but it's cheap and small :tu:
ive saw those but didn't know if they would even give me a close number thanks for your input eddie  :tu:
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 07:47:25 PM
ive saw those but didn't know if they would even give me a close number thanks for your input eddie  :tu:

The measurements are pretty small, so it's tough to see exactly what the reading is.  But I've checked it against a wall-mounted thermometer and it seems to line up. 

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 07:49:25 PM

The measurements are pretty small, so it's tough to see exactly what the reading is.  But I've checked it against a wall-mounted thermometer and it seems to line up.
   ill have to give it or something similar a try

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 08:01:59 PM
Coghlan's Six Function Whistle http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000E3E42I/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1446058777&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=coghlan%27s+six+function+whistle&dpPl=1&dpID=51mdLeb6ovL&ref=plSrch   (Share from CM Browser) this is a great little tool that I keep in my edc. The thermometer is fairly accurate and the whistle is piercing.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 08:19:14 PM
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 09:03:13 PM
Vic has a nice combo model. Very accurate in my experience.

(Image removed from quote.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Accessories-Compass-Thermometer-NEW-30482-40568-44-/371442659291?hash=item567bb52fdb:m:mmeU3qkmi3kzUL0sWvbIV0A

Navitool is way to go .. Temp , compass , Ali, Barometer , stop watch , time , timer , Alarm clock ..
Navitool 1.jpg
* Navitool 1.jpg (Filesize: 133.76 KB)

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 12:16:37 AM
I really like that Vic model.  Super slim and won't look like a round brick in your pocket like the Navitool.

Rescue, you are asking for a small portable thermometer right? Not an app or something on your phone?

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 06:07:28 AM
I normally have Trout thermometer with my gear...a glass thermometer in a metal pen styled case

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 01:37:48 PM
I really like that Vic model.  Super slim and won't look like a round brick in your pocket like the Navitool.

Rescue, you are asking for a small portable thermometer right? Not an app or something on your phone?
  correct small portable thermometer

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 08:44:07 PM
I have a tiny Silva thermometer. I don't have a pic right now.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%