Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone dealing with Hearing loss/tinnitus

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Anyone dealing with Hearing loss/tinnitus
Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 11:41:18 PM
Funny to read this here!  Actually, the reason why I started collection SAK's is... Tinnitus!!
It started about 5 years ago (42 now), and it got me quite depressed at that time. Visited some experts/doctors but in the end, it can't be cured (most cases anyway), so I just had to learn to live with it.  To try to focus on something else, I started to visit a local flea market, and there I found this guy who bought all the confiscated airport knives at that time and sold them for 2-4 euro. After I bought one, he said: you'll be a collector soon! No way, I said. Got about 600 now...  :facepalm: 
So, now I want to sell some stuff and I was looking for this post I once read about shipping (sort of tips & tricks), and I stumbled upon this thread here. About the tinnitus, I still have it (sometimes hyperacusis too) and sometimes it still bothers me when it's silent, so at night when I want to fall asleep, I just ask myself: "what is my most favourite SAK?" and I fall asleep within 1 minute :-)
Btw, anyone knows that shipping thread?

This one? Guide for the international trader

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #31 on: January 08, 2016, 08:36:39 PM
OMG OUCH! well, I had my appointment today, I figured more would be done but,, he put me in this special chair that lifted me up as the wife watched, then wanted to see what was in them, he said oh gotta clean this one.. He then took a 2ft rod and said this is going to be uncomfortable and shoved it in, :pok: the look on the wife's face, :dwts: she had to cover it, she couldn't believe how deep he shoved it, and painfull omg, I jumped like a good 6" off the chair, and since I was like 4' in the air I almost banged my head off the ceiling, Then he had to do it again! Wow it was like taking a ice pick and just slowly shoving it into your hand! But he scooped something out(didn't cure it) then went to the other side and it was clean as a whistle! :whistle: so I have to go back in a month to have tests done, they said it takes around 1-1/2hrs! Then after that I got to go back again in another month to follow up on what the results are. All I know is that freaking hurt!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #32 on: January 08, 2016, 09:27:30 PM
 :o
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 08:54:11 PM
Buzzzz, beeeep, ting, tick tick tick.. Omg, over an hour noises for testing, now I have to wait till next month for results..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%